List Mgmt. Our List 2014 - Trade, De-list and Draft - (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope boots comes good. Sadly, cannot see it for the life of me. And why we reached for an underweight project 'tweener', I'll never know.

Seems more like a 2nd or 3rd rounder for that kind of selection, at best.

Bootsma was pick 22 in the draft. In any 'regular' draft, that equates to a 2nd round pick.

Who says we 'reached' for him? Did we reach for him because he hardly featured in any BigFooty mock drafts?

From memory, Bootsma appeared in Kevin Sheehan's top 30.

That is true rregarding his position.

I guess I mean that he was our first pick and usually I'd hope you pick someone highly likely to be a long term player.

Boots has a lot of question marks with some undoubted potential. You normally expect a project 195+ player but not the in between size.

All these people saying he needs to put on 10kgs and play on the wing is nonsensical. He really has shown nothing at the elite level except spoiling and maybe leap. He is going to be a third tall defender or nothing.

He isn't an amazing mark or kick and has below average decision making for his level.

There is a load of knocks and few positives. Still won't stop me from cheering him on during match day. I just strongly feel it was an odd decision.

Its technically really easy, squat and eat simple....however some people can't do it!
maybe it's the volume of food or the time taken to prepare it, He should have stacked on a lot more weight by now especially in an AFL Club, He could just squat, deadlift and bench and drink 4 litres of milk a day and get stacked,

pretty disappointing if it's down to him not training hard or not eating right, I have no time for him if true

In theory it's easy. For ectomorphs like Boots (and myself), it is hard, but he should be doing better. I gained 8kgs one pre-season (over 16 weeks), stopped weights for less than 2 months and dropped 5 and a half kg's (went from 67kgs to 70kgs. Yeah, that skinny). I still gained 3 kgs of muscle whilst working a full-time job and not having time to fully prepare proper meals.

If your job was to gain weight and get paid for it you should gain at least 5 or 6 over the pre-season. But it's not that easy to get 'stacked'.

Has anyone ever found out why WCE is Bootsma's only option. His old man played at Freo, it's also in WA and they are premiership contenders. Why not there also.

They have plenty of trade options - Crozier, Mellington, Sheridan, Smith and Taberner as young prospects.

TC saying if we can get Pick 31 from Eagles for Boots it will be used to get Tarrant. Source: Braddles

Well if true, and I am not saying it is, it would be consistent with the post I made a week or two ago that a recent AFL club CEO said we are trying to get 2nd rounders to on trade for a KPP and the 3 names mentioned were Tarrant, Mckernan, and ... IIRC Gumbleton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What have you seen in Tarrant?

A 24/25y.o. who hasn't showed much of anything to date.

I see him as somebody who is capable of taking a contested mark up forward and being a decent enought set shot at goal.

I also see him as somebody who fits the size profile to address a key area where we are severely lacking, while still being young enough to develop and enhance their game further.

It could all be moot anyway, as I doubt North would trade him for #31 given they have Petrie (over 30 years old).

What have you seen in Tarrant?

A 24/25y.o. who hasn't showed much of anything to date.
We need a KPF with bad shoulders to replace Mitchell.

With a bit of "luck" we could have a squad of players who have had shoulder recos.

Interesting that Beantown posted on that thread that he wasn't a fan of Tarrant as a junior. Felt he was lazy. Good poster.

I see him as somebody who is capable of taking a contested mark up forward and being a decent enought set shot at goal.
I also see him as somebody who fits the size profile to address a key area where we are severely lacking, while still being young enough to develop and enhance their game further.
It could all be moot anyway, as I doubt North would trade him for #31 given they have Petrie (over 30 years old).

Casboult is the better contested mark and is younger..............................kicking for goal though is not great :oops:

Who knows, Tarrant may end up coming good but I doubt he'd even be the preferred forward for North.

With a bit of "luck" we could have a squad of players who have had shoulder recos.

Interesting that Beantown posted on that thread that he wasn't a fan of Tarrant as a junior. Felt he was lazy. Good poster.

Lazy is a good term as for the games I've seen of him whether it be in the VFL or Senior level, that's the way he came across to me.

Having said that, if we go see gold there then by all means, let's throw the kitchen sink at him.

In theory it's easy. For ectomorphs like Boots (and myself), it is hard, but he should be doing better. I gained 8kgs one pre-season (over 16 weeks), stopped weights for less than 2 months and dropped 5 and a half kg's (went from 67kgs to 70kgs. Yeah, that skinny). I still gained 3 kgs of muscle whilst working a full-time job and not having time to fully prepare proper meals.

If your job was to gain weight and get paid for it you should gain at least 5 or 6 over the pre-season. But it's not that easy to get 'stacked'.
Why on earth are you named 'Chunkylover' in that case? :confused::cool:

I would personally drive Bootsma to Perth if it meant we got Tarrant as a KPF.

Cool. Road Trip.

And as a bonus Boots is vaguely reminiscent of the skinny kid in the movie.

roadtrip.jpg

Most talls take time

Tarrant seems a competent, strong type - no obvious flaws technically

Strikes me as a player who might break out eventually and become a good KPP

Also strikes me as type of player who might thrive under Malthouse

Has bagged 4 gls a game x4 times in last 2 years in fact, to go with a bunch of 3s - whithis is a stat is a good indicator IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back