List Mgmt. Our List 2014 - Trade, De-list and Draft - (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly. And perhaps hello Lingy? Or Mcleod? Or Bassett?

Yes, yes and yes, would love any of the above at the Blues. Lingy would personally be top of my list, and think Mcleod would do wonders as a mentor for Yaz. Wouldn't let Bassett look after the forward line, his strengths lay in coaching the back 6 and as a development coach, has done some fantastic things at Norwood, and already has coached a couple of our existing players. Would also seriously consider adding Simon Black to that list, and perhaps Duigan should he get delisted.

I know Scotland, is contracted on one year terms, but does anyone else think we might potentially traded him with say a Ruckman and pick to gws (since their looking for an experienced backman and ruck)?

If we traded Kreuzer I'd be very tempted to tear up my membership.

I know, club bigger than the players etc etc, but no, just no.

We would regret it big time, I'm sure of that.

If we trade for Tom Boyd, what timeframe do we have till he is going to be ready?

Wonder if the eagles would trade Kennedy for Judd?:p

If we trade for Tom Boyd, what timeframe do we have till he is going to be ready?

Wonder if the eagles would trade Kennedy for Judd?:p

If he's Jeremy Cameron, 2015.
If he's Scott Gumbleton, maybe 2019 (at another club!)

Very acceptable if we don't trade for him. We'll need to bring in someone though.

I would absolutely hate it if we chose to trade Kreuzer, but I highly doubt we will. I think we need to offer Yarran, Hampson/Warnock, our first rounder and anyone else outside of our untouchables for the number 1 pick. As talented as Yarran is, with Garlett and Betts up forward and Walker playing his backline role he is someone we can afford to trade. I think GWS would be interested in one of our ruckman as they are in need of experience and both have the potential to become quality players for them (more so Warnock). Another key forward is clearly what we are lacking, and in drafting Boyd we are setting ourselves up for the future as well as potentially solving the problem immediately. Boyd is ready-made to play AFL, and has performed well against experienced players in the past which was demonstrated in the AIS vs Collingwood VFL game. Not to mention he is a Carlton supporter. Pulling off a big trade like this could be one of the greatest moves our club has ever made, and Boyd could be the player to put us back into premiership contention. If we don't at least make a genuine attempt to trade for Boyd, I will be extremely disappointed.

For me the only untouchables would be Kreuzer, Henderson & Murphy. Anyone else if fair game, should be an interesting offseason.

Given Sheedy is looking for experience players I'd trade walker, his a first round draftee, a ruck either warnock or hampson and our first round pick.

At this stage your going to trade players that don't hold up to finals pressure football, 'twas a reason Scotland was a great get for us. One touch players should be a high priority for us and competitive beast, which we lacked against piescum.

I think that latest article might be a bit of a ploy by the AFL to keep Essendon* going until after the finals.

Screw that I say... if the investigation isnt finished by the end of the regulation season, ban them from playing finals.

I was referring to EssADA posters in this thread.

Do they seriously believe that they will be participating in the draft if they are smacked with penalties.

Gibbs and Warnock for pick one and a pick or player.

B: Tuohy Jamison McInnes
HB: Walker Henderson Simpson
C: Lucas Mclean Bootsma
HF: Menzel Waite Yarran
F: Betts Boyd Garlett
R: Kreuzer Judd Murphy

I/C: Robinson M.Crouch/Salem Graham Bell

Emerg: Armfield Hampson Watson Buckley Temay McCarthy Mitchell Cachia Curnow

I like Gibbs and it might be fickle after his last few games, but this trade wouldn't really gut our list. Free agency could also land us a mid using the cap space created by this trade. We'll still be able to draft quality mids this year and in the drafts after that. We won't be going up the ladder if we maintain the status quo and fail to get a gun forward to replace Waite. Something has to give if we want to overhaul the list.

This trade would strengthen our spine and big man division if one or two of our 2010 draft selections develop.

See Kreuzer as untouchable with his intensity and value as a ruck who usually peak later than mids.

Discuss.

As I was at game on Friday, I didn't see Gibbs' half-time interview. My brother let me know that Gibbs was still harping on about being disappointed he didn't go to the Crows as father-son. God, if he is still stuck on that after 7 years, I reckon he'll jump at going home as free agent next year. My gut says pack him up and ship him off to GWS for pick #1 before we lose him for nothing. Problem is, we are not in the position to lose someone of Gibbs' calibre :(

not sure what interview your brother was watching, i didnt take that at all from watching the interview, all he said was that his dad played and he was a chance to go to adelaide under father son but the AFL changed the rules. He also said him and Murph are very close and that he owes Murph a lot for guiding him along the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarran, Warnock/Hampson, Laidler + 1st pick if need be for Pick 1 + 3rd round pick.

Gives them there experienced ruck and back. Yarran to add flair to there mostly single paced midfield and would be the icing on the top. Pick 8ish so they can land a player.

Are you clowns serious!?
Trade Kreuzer!?
Then who will be our ruck?
Warnock who has taken 4 marks over his whole career or Hampson who can't even read 'Spot goes to a party'
Dont expect Boyd to be any good until he is at least 24/25.

Discuss:

It looks ok at first glance. Problem is (I think you said this once too) that Waite should be simply a bonus in our line up - not relied on (not only for injury probs but also age). The other key forward is a kid and the 3 amigos are in danger of becoming the 'willwehaveagos'.
Most of all we need a verbal leader on the ground - I would kill for Goddard even if he only has a couple of years of his best left (he was the one we let get away!)

Are you clowns serious!?
Trade Kreuzer!?
Then who will be our ruck?
Warnock who has taken 4 marks over his whole career or Hampson who can't even read 'Spot goes to a party'

Cruel (and probably baseless from a literacy point of view) but you made me LOL. On that I will depart for a walk in the beautiful Grampians

Edit: I cannot walk - I am crying tears trying to relay this to my wife

not sure what interview your brother was watching, i didnt take that at all from watching the interview, all he said was that his dad played and he was a chance to go to adelaide under father son but the AFL changed the rules. He also said him and Murph are very close and that he owes Murph a lot for guiding him along the way.
I get really annoyed when supporters make stuff up to promote an agenda. I'm glad you set the poster right because I have never heard Gibbs once say he was disappointed he wasn't drafted by the Crows. I have heard him say on a number of occasions though, he would like to be a one club player

Discuss:

Most of all we need a verbal leader on the ground - I would kill for Goddard even if he only has a couple of years of his best left (he was the one we let get away!)

No doubt we lack leadership, we've got 5 blokes with a title, not saying they should be extroverts, but those are the guys you look to when the game is on the line.

When it starts going pear shaped for us, and this happens during quarters, players go into their shells.

Have a look at a side like Geelong, they empower the younger players to back themselves, rise to the occasion take the game on........hell even show leadership. They had a bloke last night Murdoch who pretty much said 'kick it my way, and i'll get it done', which he did.

Cliched, but they've all got 2 arms and 2 legs, why can't we add that empowerment to our list?????

I get really annoyed when supporters make stuff up to promote an agenda. I'm glad you set the poster right because I have never heard Gibbs once say he was disappointed he wasn't drafted by the Crows. I have heard him say on a number of occasions though, he would like to be a one club player
I'm going on pure memory only, but all I recall him saying was that there may have been some getting over not being able to be taken as F/S. Not for long though.
I have only ever heard say he wants to be a one club player, but I bet it will not stop the SA clubs constantly chasing him.

That might be true, yet how will we find a potential gun forward if we stay mid-table and keep the same list?

Sooner or later, we have to get a quality forward if we want to avoid falling short because we don't have a matchwinner in September.

If WC can be competitive and make a preliminary final after losing Judd, then we have to manage our list and trade one of our players.

A ruck has to be traded to avoid the situation where they become a list clogger. Won't be Kreuzer.

As unpalatable as it is, we probably need to deal with losing at least one of Yarran, Walker, Kruze, Jammo or Gibbs in order to get Tommy Boyd to his rightful home.

This is unthinkable previously but - put simply and bluntly - this mob's performance in a season-defining game on Friday sees this playing group declare to our club, our supporters and the general footy community that they simply are not good enough to take us to where we need to be.

This meek, weak performance against an average Collingwood outfit simply sees this playing group have all rights revoked - they obviously just don't care enough about each other and the team to spill what needs to be spilled to get the job done when then heat is on.

These blokes are taking us nowhere - time to get different blokes! :cool:

Yarran, Warnock/Hampson, Laidler + 1st pick if need be for Pick 1 + 3rd round pick.

Gives them there experienced ruck and back. Yarran to add flair to there mostly single paced midfield and would be the icing on the top. Pick 8ish so they can land a player.
I can see this happening.
No way we will trade Krueze and Yarran would have to improve greatly for the remainder of the year for us to not consider him as trade bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back