Our Midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t get me wrong, I love Jack Ross and what he brings.
But geez, in his absence he’s become some A-grade mid??
We barely
Played him there for four years and were thinking he’s the missing link?
Agree he’ll improve us, but cool the herd. This midfield group as a whole is poor and sprinkled with deficiencies including class and poise.
Ross doesn't need to be A grade to fit in. He's got a good mix of inside and outside, consistent, can take a mark and has good foot skills.

Ross doesn't need to be A grade to fit in. He's got a good mix of inside and outside, consistent, can take a mark and has good foot skills.
Ross is your prototype bench player. Can come on and pinch hit just about anywhere he's needed and you know he'll get involved and have an impact.

If baker goes we should have 2 picks in top 10 overall. Otherwise trade Bolton instead. Will set up the midfield nicely. Would like a couple more speedy left footers with our later picks. Our ruck stocks look better with Hayes Brown doing well. If Colina is delisted we can grab another ruck as well

We have the basics of a midfield, if all fit.

But no real elite talent or ability to shred a team. This draft will hopefully fix that, and the next few.

Sonsie not coming on is not what I expected. He can make a huge difference.

Draft and develop well and watch a dramatic turnaround

i think the structure is just broke, seems every other team set-up 10 times better than us. there's always an out sitting behind for every other team where we just have a team of ball chasers!

thats purely a coaching problem or a message problem. We also have too many *******s who kick the ball along the ground when they're clear or kick over the heads to a bloke with no one around him for 30meters - and most of them are senior players!!

i think the structure is just broke, seems every other team set-up 10 times better than us. there's always an out sitting behind for every other team where we just have a team of ball chasers!

thats purely a coaching problem or a message problem. We also have too many *******s who kick the ball along the ground when they're clear or kick over the heads to a bloke with no one around him for 30meters - and most of them are senior players!!
I think we set up well the first half yesterday. Carlton had problems getting it into their f50. Turnovers cost us and Cripps. Take Cripps out of their team and it would have been a lot closer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From our current list I only see two midfield players that may be in the next premiership side Maculliff and Campbell . This midfield needs a mass injection of quality mids that are big strong and quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back