Opinion Our Next Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Really like the SPP calls from a football perspective, seems like the type of player who could lift a team on his shoulders. But would be want all the media shit and attention that comes with it?

Butters, Rozee, Houston all strong candidates for mine if they want it. Probably goes to Wines though.

Pretty sure it will be Ollie Wines if he is still with us. After the Co captaincy fiasco in 2019 Jonas was anointed and I would be surprised if Wines was not told he was next cab off the rank. It would be unusual for Wines to act as Jonas' deputy for four seasons and not become Captain, if of course he wants the job.

On top of all that promoting the Vice Captain is exactly what Ken and Kochie would do and Kochie would explain it away as 'maintaining Port Adelaide's tradition of stability at the top'.

Last edited:
Needs to be someone who will be on the park each week. Was going to say Fantasia but that's being silly. The most unlikely to ever get dropped........... Merkin Cheese!

Maybe Butters because he flies the flag, can do media, tough as nails.

SPP wont be chosen because the board will view him as a risk, not because of off field but probably more because the media side is not his go. Unless we just get a VC to do media.

It'll probably just be Wines till he retires in 2-3 years. We know we arent adventurous except for appointing two captains who weren't even worth one at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be fine with SPP however I doubt they'd do it.

Butters hates losing with a passion I like that quality in a captain.

Wines meh the safe vanilla choice, hasn't got the right personality imo.

Left field Aliir Aliir..

Guy is port

Really like the SPP calls from a football perspective, seems like the type of player who could lift a team on his shoulders. But would be
want all the media s**t and attention that comes with it?

Butters, Rozee, Houston all strong candidates for mine if they want it. Probably goes to Wines though.

Probably to the same degree that Jonas wanted all the media shit.

I think SPP would be a fantastic leader on the field. That said, Rozee would look great with the no.1 on his back.

In all seriousness I think it is an interesting choice between Wines and Rozee.

Wirhout any inside knowledge I'm not sure Butters has the level head to be a captain (great vice captain).

I feel like if we had a new coach they might go Rozee.

I think for Ken's last 2 years he will go Ollie.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wines to C
Rozee to VC
Round it out with Aliir and Houston

Butters strikes me as Robbie Grey type. Not in the leadership group, but leads by example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Our Next Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back