• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

No no no; don't you see?! We put up a fight, apparently, even though we got absolutely pumped in every area of the ground. Like we did in the first 4 games of the season as well.

Hartlett is an absolute fraud being the head coach of the SANFL squad. 0 experience, 0 qualifications, 0 clue - just a Hinkley Handout. So many high performance organisations just promote their mates to the equivalent of a COO position.

1714977054876.png

I don't think being a good assistant coach automatically makes you a good senior coach, the skill sets required are quite different. Also, I don't think being an assistant coach at a successful club, even more than one successful club, makes you a good assistant coach - you could just be in the right place at the right time.
Yes, it’s now known as the Norris phenomenon

I 'heard' justin leppitsch could have had the Richmond job but he doesn't want to be a senior coach. Apparently he likes having a life or something?

Anyway James Rahilly seems like a good fit. Port is in desperate need of someone who can create a functional forward line.

Craig mcrae did a great job at Collingwood.

I 'heard' []justin leppitsch could have had the Richmond job but he doesn't want to be a senior coach. Apparently he likes having a life or something?

Anyway James Rahilly seems like a good fit. Port is in desperate need of someone who can create a functional forward line.

Craig mcraedid a great job at Collingwood.

Justin Leppitsch playing the it's not you it's me card.

Chris Scott.

Find the money and get him. Brings the coaching ability, the statesmen presence, would attract coaches and players. Sell him the idea and dream of rebuilding Port - making us dominant, building our whole club so that it grows the game. Maybe he and Geelong need a refresh. Maybe we could send em Hinkley. Ask every fan to chip in an extra $40-50, there’s your 1-2 mill. Just bloody find a way.

And if we throw everything at him and can’t get him. Then it’s Nathan Buckley.

John Ralph:

The club has a clear succession plan in place, with chairman David Koch saying the Power was determined to hire from within when Hinkley’s time is up.
He said recently the club had an “extraordinarily high regard” for Carr, who pulled out of the Richmond coaching race given the likelihood he would be the Power’s senior coach at some stage.

The Power were diabolic against Brisbane at home on Saturday, but the stability of the club and their 8-6 record will give Hinkley time to coach out the season. Even his greatest supporter Kane Cornes said on Sunday it was “about to get ugly” given the under-performing nature of the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Ralph:

The club has a clear succession plan in place, with chairman David Koch saying the Power was determined to hire from within when Hinkley’s time is up.
He said recently the club had an “extraordinarily high regard” for Carr, who pulled out of the Richmond coaching race given the likelihood he would be the Power’s senior coach at some stage.

The Power were diabolic against Brisbane at home on Saturday, but the stability of the club and their 8-6 record will give Hinkley time to coach out the season. Even his greatest supporter Kane Cornes said on Sunday it was “about to get ugly” given the under-performing nature of the list.

For a minute I thought you were saying Jon Ralph as coach. I mean he's not Hinkley, but ...

I’d take anyone right now honestly.

I’d love a footy selection panel chaired by Jack Cahill with two industry experts.

I was reflecting today, the next coach should be a premiership player. Recent coaches
MacRae
Scott
Goodwin
Hardwick
Simpson
Beveridge (anomaly)
Clarkson
Longmire
Scott
Bomber Thompson
Goes way back

So hate to say it, Buckley out, I’d go Chris Scott if he’s gettable. I still rate Don Pyke if he would consider coming back to that role.

Dean Cox is my man

Every time they show the Swans box Horse is talking to or listening to Cox

I reckon he’s an astute game day coach

Senior coach: Chris Scott/Nathan buckley
Assistant coach: stewie dew

John Ralph:

Hiring from within… oh F me.

Cause that’s worked so well thus far.

High regard for the guy who has been looking after our Ferrari midfield and got them playing like DeLoreans.

Can the club stop having these internal appointments? It's turning into Kochie's yes men boys club.

I was hot on Carr at one point but at the end of the day, he is the midfield coach and they are constantly getting beaten at the contested ball and not just beaten but getting smashed. I currently do not have any faith he is the man for the job considering how poor the midfield has been for a while.

Last edited:
What game style did Carr coach with North in the SANFL? Did anyone watch their games?

As much as I would like an external appointment, there is a 100% chance Carr will replace Hinkley while Koch is still chairman.

Back