• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

John Ralph:

The club has a clear succession plan in place, with chairman David Koch saying the Power was determined to hire from within when Hinkley’s time is up.

This is killing us and this is all David Koch.

It also confirms that Koch knows nothing at all about football or how sporting clubs run/work yet his ego takes front and centre and here we are.

If you must remain associated with this club then stay in your ****ing lane and be grateful for that!

All that does is breed an endless cycle of sameness and things go beyond stale, but David sees it as some wonderfully warm community hug type of deal.

It's actual poison to a professional sporting club.

Another point the club needs to think of is when Hinkley goes appointing Carr will see very little, if any, bounce that traditionally comes from a new coaching appointment. Everyone knows Carr has been responsible for the absolute shambles that our midfield now presents itself in and I don't believe many will think anything more than 'more of the same'.

"Hiring from within" is the absolute cancer Koch has released on us and it needs to be destroyed and destroyed fast.

“Be careful what you wish for. The grass isn’t often greener on the other side”

Kane Cornes on SEN this morning
We are backstroking in dog crap right now, so **** what Kornes thinks.

As much as I’d like a completely new coaching structure as ours is puss

Deep down I know it’ll be something like

Coach: carr
Senior assistant: Chad
forward: westhoff
Mids: Hartlett
Def: Goldsack
Magpies: p stew
****, that's as bleak as the skype days with Danielle.

There was nothing wrong with Ken in the beginning. 97% have a burnout date that is not long after their appointment eg 3-5 years.

Ken’s time was 2013-2017, it was clear he was numbered after that and Walsh death changed his perspective.

Koch and the board lacked balls there after. Remember end of 2017 Koch was pissed post game and critisised players and Ken didn’t like it. After that Koch pulled his head in.

Anyway, long story short, Ken was okay, went too long and not club administration lacks belief and balls. Let’s get the best coach, whoever that is and start building the best coaching panel like we did previously, rather than a mates club.

Could Justin Leppitsch be an option for the next coach? He knows GF's and winning flags.
Sure his tenure at Brisbane was rubbish, but Voss has shown that a second chance can make a massive difference.

Leppitsch played in 3 premierships, assistant at Richmond for 3 flags and assistant at Collingwood last year. Been involved in 7 flags as a player/assistant - and could probably sort our forward line out too.

Could Justin Leppitsch be an option for the next coach? He knows GF's and winning flags.
Sure his tenure at Brisbane was rubbish, but Voss has shown that a second chance can make a massive difference.

Leppitsch played in 3 premierships, assistant at Richmond for 3 flags and assistant at Collingwood last year. Been involved in 7 flags as a player/assistant - and could probably sort our forward line out too.

Definitely should be interviewed

I'd be happy to sign Buckley around for a year or two as a transition coach, but nothing longer. He wasn't the best coach.

I'd be happy to sign Buckley around for a year or two as a transition coach, but nothing longer. He wasn't the best coach.
I'm not sure about Buckly but one thing that is needed he would toughen up the discipline and hardness of the players who under hinkly have become a bunch of Lily white weaklings.

As #Malcom has always said you are better the second time around, it's hard to say what coming in somewhere fresh could do for him, there's no baggage, he's tactically astute it could work a lot better than some think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As #Malcom has always said you are better the second time around, it's hard to say what coming in somewhere fresh could do for him, there's no baggage, he's tactically astute it could work a lot better than some think.
Is that true? How many second time around coaches who didn’t win a flag in first stint won in second?

Would be top of my list to interview. Issue would be getting him out of Melbourne.

Post Brisbane, success seem to follow Justin Leppitsch or are we too scared of his entire at Brisbane?
I'd love Leppitsch as our defence coach, but he isn't leaving Victoria and his good mate McRae's side.

Is that true? How many second time around coaches who didn’t win a flag in first stint won in second?
Not many. Malthouse went from Footscray to West Coast. Plus Blight. Technically crows were his 3rd club as he was the last captain coach in the VFL - half a season at North Melbourne in 1981, then quit as knew it was too hard to coach that way.

Not many. Malthouse went from Footscray to West Coast. Plus Blight. Technically crows were his 3rd club as he was the last captain coach in the VFL - half a season at North Melbourne in 1981, then quit as knew it was too hard to coach that way.
Not many at all. I’d suggest it’s usually first time coaches as they can catch competitors off guard with their game plan. Cept for our old mate Kenny, who must think nowdays coaches will just forget his game plan.

Not many at all. I’d suggest it’s usually first time coaches as they can catch competitors off guard with their game plan. Cept for our old mate Kenny, who must think nowdays coaches will just forget his game plan.
Voss is going alright.

I think Buckley is an interesting case wherever he ends up second time around, the massive Collingwood millstone off his back and a fresh situation. This is a guy that lost a GF by a kick coaching the biggest club in Melbourne I'd say it's kinda ridiculous to write him off as a dud coach.

John Ralph:

The club has a clear succession plan in place, with chairman David Koch saying the Power was determined to hire from within when Hinkley’s time is up.
He said recently the club had an “extraordinarily high regard” for Carr, who pulled out of the Richmond coaching race given the likelihood he would be the Power’s senior coach at some stage.

The Power were diabolic against Brisbane at home on Saturday, but the stability of the club and their 8-6 record will give Hinkley time to coach out the season. Even his greatest supporter Kane Cornes said on Sunday it was “about to get ugly” given the under-performing nature of the list.
He pulled out of the Richmond coaching job because his wife wanted to move back to SA. They moved here and she doesn't want to go live in Vic.

I'll back in which ever coach makes every single player on the field play with their socks pulled up.

Solidarity as a team starts with the socks.

I actually don't know why this isn't a team rule to begin with. Pulled up sock are part of the uniform.

This is a hill I'm willing to die on.

Back