• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Imo, the reason that they would want Hinkley is because they would want an old head who had experience rebuilding teams, and they would task the job to Ken and the footy department to set the foundations down and have similar expectations to our board to make finals in either years 2 or 3, then give the position to the next coach.

I’m thinking this too, they be smart to move him on once rebuild is complete , say 2-3 years .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The West Coast rumour is likely bullshit fed to the media to pressure Port to double down on their commitment to Hinkley. The tactic has worked before.
As Chris made his way up to the box for the 3rd quarter I politely requested that he “stops leaking club business to Caroline Wilson”.
The comment stopped him in his tracks. He looked at me and cupped his ear in a condescending, and extremely unprofessional manner.
My response “you heard me loud and clear”.
He wasn’t happy.
Was only a simple comment - but it definitely struck a nerve…
CD:
1721548965079.png

Without doing an appropriate external search, saying this is just words.

Not if you already have an understanding of the landscape.

Do I think it is best process? No. But the process in this instance will lead to a top, top candidate who understands the Club, wants the footy department to embrace the Club's ethos and will put together a team that on field plays in a similar way to the hard nosed uncompromising bully ball that served him well as a player.

Do I think it is best process? No. But the process in this instance will lead to a top, top candidate who understands the Club, wants the footy department to embrace the Club's ethos and will put together a team that on field plays in a similar way to the hard nosed uncompromising bully ball that served him well as a player.

sounds like we should just get on with it then.

Though he will be gone, the other questionables remain. Considering our history of poor governance, best process should be a non-negotiable for recovering from 12 years of enabling Hinkley.

If Carr is genuinely the best candidate then the outcome should be the same.

Where the **** has this idea that Ken is a rebuild coach come from? And people here buying into it?

Reason: It is because of which club can offer Kens greyhounds gold-plated grills, an Audi Q8, a house as big as Mar-a-Lago, a bucket load of cash to feed his greyhound addiction, shares within BHP, and who can offer Jordan Hinkley a position at the club as an "analysis." West Coast can. also they can afford the stick the whole Hinkley fam a one way plane to China with a huge payout. Blame Tim Gossage for the rumours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WCE / Hinkley rumour is clearly a case of wishful thinking.

Nah it’s Hinkley management feeding this to Gossy doing their due diligence spreading his name into the hat hoping that something will stick. They need to create a plan B especially if he gets sacked.

Last edited:

Are you confident that we're not seeing the best of Carr's coaching at the moment (of the midfield group) because he is being suppressed under Hinkley?

Nah it’s Hinkley management feeding this Gossy doing their due diligence spreading his name into the hat hope that something will stick. They need to create a plan B especially if he gets sacked.

Pretty much this. Ken's only 57 years old, so if West Coast came with a 4-5 year contract, that takes him to 62ish with another 4-5M in the bank before setting off into retirement. Would be pretty hard to say "no" if West Coast came calling in such a scenario.

Are you confident that we're not seeing the best of Carr's coaching at the moment (of the midfield group) because he is being suppressed under Hinkley?

Unequivocally, yes, though I wouldn't use the term "suppressed." If you're an assistant, you have plenty of ideas on how things would run if you were running the show as the head coach. But when you're set to be the next head coach, are you really going to be pushing for every one of those ideas to be implemented? There's a nuance as an assistant in knowing when to toe the line and knowing when to speak up.

What I am sure you can expect with a Carr led Port, is that the team will look a helluva lot different in terms of their defensive setups. Much closer to Fremantle than the absurdly high press we're currently seeing.

Pretty much this. Ken's only 57 years old, so if West Coast came with a 4-5 year contract, that takes him to 62ish with another 4-5M in the bank before setting off into retirement. Would be pretty hard to say "no" if West Coast came calling in such a scenario.

Unequivocally, yes, though I wouldn't use the term "suppressed." If you're an assistant, you have plenty of ideas on how things would run if you were running the show as the head coach. But when you're set to be the next head coach, are you really going to be pushing for every one of those ideas to be implemented? There's a nuance as an assistant in knowing when to toe the line and knowing when to speak up.

What I am sure you can expect with a Carr led Port, is that the team will look a helluva lot different in terms of their defensive setups. Much closer to Fremantle than the absurdly high press we're currently seeing.

Not only just that Chewy316 but think of the perks they can give to Ken and his family with the resources they have. A house the size of Mar-lar-go. A couple of Audi’s for him and the fam. A humongous pay pack and super. Hell, if they Hinkley management playing their cards right. They got BHP on board as a sponsor they could offer him shares within the company. If you are Hinkley manager you are doing everything possible to land the West Coast head coach position. It’s better than being in at a club who he lost the players for the most part and also being around a “bloodthirsty pack that just want a scalp until Kenny gone.” Perfect situation for Hinkley and Co.

Where the **** has this idea that Ken is a rebuild coach come from? And people here buying into it?
He's much more than that, he's a man that'll take your club from being "on its knees" to prime preliminary finalists in no time.

And he does this with no help at all. Its all single handedly masterminded by 1 amazingly talented piece of wonder bread that looks like my arseh*le. In due time there will be espn documentaries and full feature films made on one Kenneth Hinkley. What a guy.

P.s. He hates money.

If Carr wants to coach Port next year, does he announce an interest towards a senior gig anywhere, and if so does our club want him bad enough to not risk losing him, thus flicking Hinkley?

If it works to get him out of Port then Ken the builder it is.

West Coast just need someone there to watch over the kids while they throw every resource they have at their disposal to rebuild the list.

3-4 years of Ken actually makes more sense than burning a inexperienced coach.

And that's how it would be at any organisation. You can give your advice to the head of the food chain but they make the final decision.

If anyone thinks that is a criticism of Hinkley, then they've run off the rails. There's plenty to criticise, but being the final decision maker isn't one of them.
It does perhaps put a bit of context to those criticising the lines for underperforming though, in particular Carrs midfield and Chads forwards.

The buck clearly stops with the head coach at Port.

It does perhaps put a bit of context to those criticising the lines for underperforming though, in particular Carrs midfield and Chads forwards.

The buck clearly stops with the head coach at Port.

Our forward line structure has been ordinary for years under Hinkley. Can’t wait to see that have a different look a bit it.

If Carr wants to coach Port next year, does he announce an interest towards a senior gig anywhere, and if so does our club want him bad enough to not risk losing him, thus flicking Hinkley?
Carr may have a hand shake agreement to take over in 2026, after all Ken is contracted next year and Carr knew that when coming back to Port.
Maybe Carr hasn't even had any conversations about the head coaching job, who knows, unless Chewy316 is aware of what went down.
I would assume that Carr would be ready in 2026, otherwise Koch would have to undermine Hinkley and that wouldn't go down well.
Imo we are going to be stuck with Hinkley for next season, so strap yourself in, our upcoming games may have an effect, depending how much supporter back lash there is if we finish the season poorly.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Our Next Coach

Back