Our players are all having daughters

Remove this Banner Ad

With Roger James and Matthew Bishop recently having daughters just where are our father/son picks in 15 years or so? :confused:
Peter Burgoyne has a couple of boys. Who else has played 100+ games, or will do so, and has done the right thing by us?

Owen Montgomery
Paxman junior
Mitchell Mead
Tex Wanganeen
Oscar Lade
Noah Wilson

There's probably more. Should have a cracking defence.

Powerstufff said:
With Roger James and Matthew Bishop recently having daughters just where are our father/son picks in 15 years or so? :confused:
Peter Burgoyne has a couple of boys. Who else has played 100+ games, or will do so, and has done the right thing by us?
Saints have that issue too, Stewie Loewe, Burke. 2/3 of R.Harvey's

Porthos said:
Owen Montgomery
Paxman junior
Mitchell Mead
Tex Wanganeen
Oscar Lade
Noah Wilson

Besides Port Adelaide Football Club does not have a One Child Policy.

Just for interest:-

Father/son rule:
Sons of former AFL players can play with the same club their father played or officiated with under the father/son rule. The main eligibility requirements is that the sons father must have played 100 games for that club. The rule is designed to continue the traditions of association that a family has with a particular club.

West Australian and South Australian AFL teams have a modified father/son rule in place that have a sunset clause that will be activated when these clubs have been in the AFL competition for 20 years ie: West Coast Eagles 2007; Adelaide Crows 2011, Fremantle Dockers 2015, Port Adelaide 2017. They then become eligible to include father/son players under the same qualifications as all the other AFL clubs.

When a club includes eligible player/s on its list it will forfeit draft selections.

Current father son players in the AFL

• Jonathan Brown (Brisbane Lions)
• Shane Morrison (Brisbane Lions/Richmond)
• Jarrad Waite (Carlton)
• Lance Whitnall (Carlton)
• Luke Blackwell (Carlton)
• Cameron Cloke (Collingwood)
• Travis Cloke (Collingwood)
• Nick Davis (Collingwood/Sydney)
• Brayden Shaw (Collingwood)
• Heath Shaw (Collingwood)
• Rhys Shaw (Collingwood)
• Dustin Fletcher (Essendon)
• Jobe Watson (Essendon)
• Brett Peake (Fremantle)
• Gary Ablett (Geelong)
• Nathan Ablett (Geelong)
• Mark Blake (Geelong)
• Tim Callan (Geelong)
• David Clarke (Geelong/Carlton)
• Matthew Scarlett (Geelong)
• Steven Greene (Hawthorn)
• Jessie W Smith (Kangaroos)
• Brett Ebert (Port Adelaide)
• Joel Bowden (Richmond)
• Matthew Richardson (Richmond)
• Sean Dempster (Sydney)
• Stephen Doyle (Sydney)
• Heath James (Sydney)

Porthos said:
Owen Montgomery
Paxman junior
Mitchell Mead
Tex Wanganeen
Oscar Lade
Noah Wilson

Personally I think the club should have some kind of Christian name policy after reading that.

On the father-son rule - who knows of any 80's and 90's Magpie players son's on the horizon.

Between 1988 and 1996 we won 7 GF's. Players who played the required games like Delaney, Fiacchi, Northeast, D Smith, R Smith, Hodges, Hutton, Ginever, etc - some of them must have son's.

Wouldn't it be great ?:D

Port01 said:
Personally I think the club should have some kind of Christian name policy after reading that.
:D

I was eventually going to suggest they be encouraged to do a little 'out-breeding' with girlfriends, mistresses and the like. But I hadn't considered the lingerie game as a possibility so now am not so bothered.

Looking at the calibre of the list of Collingwood father sons I'd like to see a rule brought in forcing Collingwood to recruit all their father sons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GERVAIS said:
On the father-son rule - who knows of any 80's and 90's Magpie players son's on the horizon.

Between 1988 and 1996 we won 7 GF's. Players who played the required games like Delaney, Fiacchi, Northeast, D Smith, R Smith, Hodges, Hutton, Ginever, etc - some of them must have son's.

Kayne Hodges :thumbsu:

Only a few months old though.... :( :D

Also Billy, who is not into footy.....

Toots Hibbert said:
Looking at the calibre of the list of Collingwood father sons I'd like to see a rule brought in forcing Collingwood to recruit all their father sons.
Heh. Yeh, it shows, doesn't it. Geelong, on the other hand, has a pretty good strike rate. Otherwise, less than 1/4 of the current f/s players seem to be worth the effort, really.

Troy Wingate said:
Scotty, wouldnt expect anything different from you. Just don't forget to invite Ben and I along to watch :D

Bugger Ben, if he's smart enough he will know its on and find himself a ticket.

And knowing my luck he would bring his sister along, not a good move me thinks especially if its standing room only. :p

blackdiamond said:
Bugger Ben, if he's smart enough he will know its on and find himself a ticket.

And knowing my luck he would bring his sister along, not a good move me thinks especially if its standing room only. :p

If he brings his sister, COUNT ME OUT!

GERVAIS said:

Stephen Williams has a son. Northeast has a son. Delaney had a daughter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our players are all having daughters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back