Our young blokes .... Have you spotted any weaknesses?

Remove this Banner Ad

bigmick

Senior List
Dec 15, 2007
ringwood
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We all talk up all of our recruits as the next big thing that will replace most of the current team (tongue in cheek), but what are there weaknesses??

My thoughts

• Muston dosent actually get the ball
  • Thorpe cant play 2 consecutive games in a row with injuring himself
  • Tuck misses too many targets
  • Kennedy, slow
  • Moss needs to realise that it isnt actually that cold
  • Bailey, who knows hasnt played in 16 months
  • Renouf... makes richo look reliable in front of goal
  • Morton.... who?
  • Dowler tends to only get angry at the umpires....
  • McEntee....Lazy
  • Ellis cant kick over a jam tin
they are a damn talented list, but so are the blokes that are already playing seniors... runs on the board count

Thoughts?

Re: our young blokes....weaknesses??

Tuck misses too many targets

Renouf... makes richo look reliable in front of goal

Thoughts?

Interesting. When I had a very brief look at a Box Hill match Tuck missed targets and Renouf kicked the ball and I don't know where it landed. I think that we do get a little excited over the younger players but its good to get the positive reports.

Pretty sure that was against Carltank

The only negative comment about Ellis that I can make is that his body is similar to a 14 year olds..

Has sublime skills and reading of the play though...

We all talk up all of our recruits as the next big thing that will replace most of the current team (tongue in cheek), but what are there weaknesses??

My thoughts

• Kennedy, slow
  • Morton.... who?
  • McEntee....Lazy
they are a damn talented list, but so are the blokes that are already playing seniors... runs on the board count

Thoughts?

Come on Big ********, Off to Richmond or Collingwood where the eat their young is the place for you.

That is not the Hawthorn way OF TRUE HAWTHORN SUPPORTERS. Don't cross the road in front of my 4x4, 'cause I'll bloody run you over. :mad:

Come on Big ********, Off to Richmond or Collingwood where the eat their young is the place for you.

That is not the Hawthorn way OF TRUE HAWTHORN SUPPORTERS. Don't cross the road in front of my 4x4, 'cause I'll bloody run you over. :mad:

Haha.. preaching much this morning No. 24?

My thoughts

• Kennedy, slow
  • Morton.... who?
  • McEntee....Lazy

Thoughts?

Mick, Mick, Mick:mad:

How about you leave off the oxygen for a bit until the season starts. This is a terrible thread to start, and uncalled for. I can understand that you're bored because you haven't seen any action for 4 months, but mate, give them a chance. Keep this sort of dribble for during the season when you are free to judge on what someone has or hasn't done.

Go and have a stint in Bay 13 if you want to fire people up.

BR:thumbsdown:

Mick, Mick, Mick:mad:

How about you leave off the oxygen for a bit until the season starts. This is a terrible thread to start, and uncalled for. I can understand that you're bored because you haven't seen any action for 4 months, but mate, give them a chance. Keep this sort of dribble for during the season when you are free to judge on what someone has or hasn't done.

Go and have a stint in Bay 13 if you want to fire people up.

BR:thumbsdown:

Don't visit the 2008 delistings thread then.. lol!

Haha.. preaching much this morning No. 24?

Perhaps, Mojo...but I do get pissed off at alledged supporters dumping on our players.

Every kid on the list does his best to be the best footballer they can be. To have so called supporters bag them is the pits in my opinion.

It's also the case that the club, the players and their families look at this site and read the garbage written on here.

The posters of the negative and often insulting remarks are cowards. The players are out there in the public and the posters are hidden in cyber space under assumed identities. I would love to see BigMick go upto one or more of the players he damns and say it to their face. Better still go up to Clarkson, Viney or Hardwick and tell what idiots they are for selecting such incompetents as players.

• Kennedy, slow
  • Morton.... who?
  • McEntee....Lazy
they are a damn talented list

not when you put it like that :(

Perhaps, Mojo...but I do get pissed off at alledged supporters dumping on our players.

Every kid on the list does his best to be the best footballer they can be. To have so called supporters bag them is the pits in my opinion.

It's also the case that the club, the players and their families look at this site and read the garbage written on here.

The posters of the negative and often insulting remarks are cowards. The players are out there in the public and the posters are hidden in cyber space under assumed identities. I would love to see BigMick go upto one or more of the players he damns and say it to their face. Better still go up to Clarkson, Viney or Hardwick and tell what idiots they are for selecting such incompetents as players.

i know three of the players on this list personally and unlike most of the others on here they know me!

This thread isnt about bagging players, its about pointing out some percieved short comings and either
  1. Dispelling them
  2. or confirming them to see if they overcome them during the season.
according to some, virtually all of the players on this will replace someone on the senior list within the next 2 years. this just isnt the case, in fact 50% of the players on this list wont make it at Hawthorn. Thats the nature of AFL football.

so how about we do what this thread is all about and lower some of the expections of these kids, and give the blokes that have actually made it to the senior list some respect. after all they were the ones that got us to 2 finals last year.

Ps i'm happy to discuse this with anyone (except Ronnie) in person at the first practise match. :D

My thoughts

• Kennedy, slow
  • Morton.... who?
  • McEntee....Lazy

Thoughts?

Don't forget that Buddy can't kick on his right!

He'll never be any good........... :D

question begs, if you had to choose 1 option, what would you rather, each player improve on their weakness or improve on their strengths?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

question begs, if you had to choose 1 option, what would you rather, each player improve on their weakness or improve on their strengths?

Improve on there weaknesses. there strenths are what got them to AFL footy in the first place. every person thats on an AFL list can play (expect Roberts-Thompson :D) its the ones that can eliminate there weaknesses are the ones that turn into superstars.

Sammy and Brad sewell are the perfect examples of that.

That was a good thread Bigmick.:thumbsu:

I also like No.24 don't like continued bagging of our players.
I want all our players to feel supported and so they want to stay at Hawthorn (especially those that have been injured).

I also want to have an honest forum, so that we live in reality.
It is easy to beleive we have the best players in the comp. and that they will all be part of a premership team.

I wasn't supportive of Stewart Dew's being drafted, who could deprive a young bloke getting a run.
In saying that I hope Dew will be great for the club and I can eat my words when he features in our next premership win.:D

i know three of the players on this list personally and unlike most of the others on here they know me!

Well, there is their first weakness.

So, a total disassociation with you Bigmick would be where I would start. I could only imagine the dribble you would pumping into their ears.

"Hey Mossy, you should change your first name to Ian."

Surely this is what player managers and security fences where invented for. To keep the delusional nutjobs away from the elite talent.

In closing...

Thank you Bigmick. I have had a week low in fibre and high in stress and unfortunately had become a little backed up. You and your latest thread have provided me with the relief my bowels so desperately desired.

Well, there is their first weakness.

So, a total disassociation with you Bigmick would be where I would start. I could only imagine the dribble you would pumping into their ears.

"Hey Mossy, you should change your first name to Ian."

Surely this is what player managers and security fences where invented for. To keep the delusional nutjobs away from the elite talent.

In closing...

Thank you Bigmick. I have had a week low in fibre and high in stress and unfortunately had become a little backed up. You and your latest thread have provided me with the relief my bowels so desperately desired.

Oh dear.... i think i need to have a chat with your carer about appropriate internet use wilco... its hard to respond to this attack knowing your particularly high level of "problems" so i might just have to have a little chat in person, although thats a bit of a concern now that you have Big Ronnie helping you out.... last thing the world needs is rain man getting a bouncer! :D

Love it. :):):)

My thoughts
  • Kennedy, slow
  • Morton.... who?
  • McEntee....Lazy

Thoughts?
All of these statements are very very poorly thought out.

My thoughts

• Kennedy, slow
  • Morton.... who?
  • McEntee....Lazy

Thoughts?

Ill let the other posters defend their "Main Man" for 08, and ill stick to mine, mainly because i dont have the time to go through everything that is wrong with what you just said.

Id be interested to know where you came up with this miraculous concept that Muston cant find the ball. An average of 25 disposals in the 7 TAC Cup games he played, which was the last time he was at full strength and injury free, would suggest otherwise.

Wilco has your measure in every aspect mate, if i were you id be trying my best to emulate him :D.

My thoughts

• Kennedy, slow
  • Morton.... who?
  • McEntee....Lazy

Thoughts?

Know where ya coming from Big Mick! but just out of curiosity id like to know what you think these players strengths are?? and if they outweigh the weaknesses!?

Ill let the other posters defend their "Main Man" for 08, and ill stick to mine, mainly because i dont have the time to go through everything that is wrong with what you just said.

Id be interested to know where you came up with this miraculous concept that Muston cant find the ball. An average of 25 disposals in the 7 TAC Cup games he played, which was the last time he was at full strength and injury free, would suggest otherwise.

Wilco has your measure in every aspect mate, if i were you id be trying my best to emulate him :D.

firstly if i wish to become a fat **** then i'll emulate wilco.

secondly noones disputing his TAC form, but his VFL form is below a level that will get him a game in the hawthorn side at the moment, and i stress at the moment. things change very quickly in footy form turns, it would be fair to say that dowler was a fair way away in july last year, now i'm tipping him to play most of the season.

Beau really needs to find some consistant ball this year or he could be in a bit of trouble come the post season.

and i say this after watching 13 Boxhill games last year.

firstly if i wish to become a fat **** then i'll emulate wilco.

secondly noones disputing his TAC form, but his VFL form is below a level that will get him a game in the hawthorn side at the moment, and i stress at the moment. things change very quickly in footy form turns, it would be fair to say that dowler was a fair way away in july last year, now i'm tipping him to play most of the season.

Beau really needs to find some consistant ball this year or he could be in a bit of trouble come the post season.

and i say this after watching 13 Boxhill games last year.

Firstly may i say, i wish the the best of luck in striving to become a fat ****, reach for that star little man.

Now back on topic, now correct me if im wrong, but the initial discussion was focussed around weaknesses in their game, not their weaknesses over the last 1 or 2 years that have been brought around by extenuating circumstances. Beau's inability to find alot of the ball consistently at box hill level over the last 2 years has not been the result of a weakness in his game but rather a direct result of a double knee reconstruction, perhaps you need to be more specific with your wording in future. I dont know exactly what it is that you expect from someone coming off a double reco, but anyone with realistic expectations would not have expected a great deal from Beau until the beginning of the 08 season.

It is funny also that Dowler has shown relatively similar inconsistent form at box hill level over the course of the last year, apart from a very impressive 7 goal haul, and yet unlike Muston you are more than happy to throw your support behind him and expect him to play the majority of the season. Lets have a bit of consistency, either write the kids off that havent yet shown a great deal at box hill despite coming off major injuries, or throw your support behind both of them.

For the record bigmick, im generally a fan of your posts, not as big a fan as i am of Wilco's but a fan all the same, im afraid you have just missed the mark on this one.

Know where ya coming from Big Mick! but just out of curiosity id like to know what you think these players strengths are?? and if they outweigh the weaknesses!?

These kids are guns, theres no doubt. there strengths far out weigh there weaknesses... but here goes whilst i still have my asbestos suit on.

Muston.... this kid is quick no doubt. its not that he dosent have the skills its just that he gets into the wrong positions. i'd like to see him start tagging and have his player take him to the ball. the kids got real guts though. 50/50

Thorp. i love this boy hard it and great body work but the club needs to get his hip right. also needs to improve his hands. 90/10

Tuck, he will play 200+ games athletic and gets the ball. he will become a A grade player if he just tidys up his skills some what.... another kid with real courage. 80/10

Kennedy, What 19yo kid is this big, he designed for victorian football! gets a heap of the ball and has great stamina. just a shame hes not 5cm taller, has pace issues but so does Sammy and that doesn't stop him. jurys still out i'm afraid.... i just dont know where he fits in the plan?? 50/50

Moss, ok great skills moves well and is a real leadership prospect. gotta be tough moving from WA to Vic and at times it looked like the weather was getting the better of him. will most probably have a big year. i have a feeling that AFL footy suits this kid better than VFL and once he gets a chance could be a rising star contender.60/40

Bailey, if all goes well with max's knee this kids in a few years might be one of the best ruckman the club has ever produced. like most hawks fans i havent seen much of him, but peoples who know rate him very very highly.... thats good enough for me, fingers crossed. 70/30

Renouf.... ok here goes, i think hes a lot like Robbie. it wont be until hes around 23 or so before we will understand this kids potential, hes very raw at the moment, looks like he could trip over his own feet at anytime, then next moment hes stood on someones head, done a blind turn and slotted one through on his left from the angle. ruck work is good too, just needs to work on set shots. 50/50

Morton spent most of last year injured (played 8 games), i saw him play when he did, but i just cant remember him?? thats not good. i just dont know what his strengths are. benefit of the doubt ??/??

Dowler. i have $100 on him for the rising star this year. great contested mark, hes big strong and confident this year is his year 90/10

McEntee, i actually tipped him to be elevated, has a massive vertical leap and very athletic. he carried the ruck work manfully last year. but there are a lot of talented ruckmen at hawthorn needs to become really hungry 50/50

Ellis.... how good was the mark he took against the flight Vs ?? great skills finds the ball, quick and brave. will play most of the season in the ones 90/100

All of these boys could make it, but they are trying to break into a very good team, they have enough strengths that at most other clubs they would be playing consistant AFL footy.... but this isnt most other clubs

think i'm just about done digging myself deeper now. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Our young blokes .... Have you spotted any weaknesses?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back