AFL Autopsy Outgunned by the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

If anybody honestly thinks the gameplan this week was more similar to what we saw last year you must be seeing things that aren't there. It was actually not that much different to what we have seen for most of this year.

I think a big part of the frustration is that we’ve been rubbish for the best part of 15+ years. I can’t help but feel that is the first fully acknowledged (at clubland) rebuild in that period though. I also think we’re going about it with more maturity than the post-Sheedy / Hird Knights era. I reckon the board just thought a new coach would be all we needed. There’s a sense that the club (board / coaches / players) knows it currently stinks AND they’re willing to work slowly towards excellence. I find it strange that a lot of BF posters want us to each shit line Norf rather than be measured and surgical in our approach. I’ll eat humble pie if we’ve go to the trade table again and recruit middle aged soft bellied $$ chasers but I have a sneaky suspicion we’ll continue following the youth / draft strategy and maybe sprinkle some Hodge to Brissy in their (if someone worth it is available).
I think so too. My fear is that the club rolls over to the impatience of the fanbase. If some here are to be believed, it may have already with respect to the game plan.

If we bring in a seasoned player for their leadership, I'd be angling for Travis Boak. He's still playing well and might have one more season in him. Could even offer some kind of role that allows him to dip his toes in the coaching side of things if he's interested in that. Parish, McGrath, Hobbs, Perkins, Merett and Wardlaw could learn a hell of a lot from him.

I think so too. My fear is that the club rolls over to the impatience of the fanbase. If some here are to be believed, it may have already with respect to the game plan.

If we bring in a seasoned player for their leadership, I'd be angling for Travis Boak. He's still playing well and might have one more season in him. Could even offer some kind of role that allows him to dip his toes in the coaching side of things if he's interested in that. Parish, McGrath, Hobbs, Perkins, Merett and Wardlaw could learn a hell of a lot from him.
Boak would be great. Also would love someone experienced in the forward line to teach running patterns. Maybe a Gunston type - I mean what’s stopping us from throwing $$$ at Buddy for a year. Just to show the team what elite patterns look like.

Boak would be great. Also would love someone experienced in the forward line to teach running patterns. Maybe a Gunston type - I mean what’s stopping us from throwing $$$ at Buddy for a year. Just to show the team what elite patterns look like.
That’s two names that at least would have me turning on the tv each week…would make us more watchable at a minimum and instil some competitive mindset at the same time

Buddy would be great too, but I think Jesinta prefers Sydney. Maybe either or both of the Josh Kennedys. Jack Riewoldt if he doesn't go around again. He might work well given Caracella has the midfield.

Buddy would be great too, but I think Jesinta prefers Sydney. Maybe either or both of the Josh Kennedys. Jack Riewoldt if he doesn't go around again. He might work well given Caracella has the midfield.

Both J Kennedy's would be good potential additions, agree. Smart players who understand what it means to be inside the Top 3-5 players in the league at what they do. If they have coaching aspirations they're exactly the kind of guys who'd want to take a look at.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Outgunned by the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back