Ovens and King Football League 2006-2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going by what i've seen in the paper and on the O and K website, there's quite a few people that MAY be in the running for the League B&f... It's A pretty even spread over the top few people for getting in the best..

Jono Rea (King Valley)
Jamie Berry (North Wangaratta)
Wayne Millis (Whorouly)
Evan Laverty (King Valley)
Scott Pell (Milawa)
Jaimon Mcgeehan (Moyhu)

Scott Pell from Milawa has had a sensational year in a winning side. However, the likes of B & L Newton (late in season), Sholte, Gardiner, Sims (early), even Jeff Whitehead who has had a great year as well in the ruck, may take votes from him.
I'd probably look at someone who's stood out at say Glenrowan, Moyhu, Greta, Bright or Whorouly.
Tarra and Milawa are too evenly spead with talent, and the other sides probably haven't won enough games to get the 3 & 2 votes.
But you never know, it is judged by umpires!!!!

Just going by what i've seen in the paper and on the O and K website, there's quite a few people that MAY be in the running for the League B&f... It's A pretty even spread over the top few people for getting in the best..

Jono Rea (King Valley)
Jamie Berry (North Wangaratta)
Wayne Millis (Whorouly)
Evan Laverty (King Valley)
Scott Pell (Milawa)
Jaimon Mcgeehan (Moyhu)

Jono Rea (King Valley) - as it's been discussed, he'll find it hard to get 2's and 3's
Jamie Berry (North Wangaratta) - same as Jono
Wayne Millis (Whorouly) - As always, he'll poll well
Evan Laverty (King Valley) - Can't see him being anywhere near the top
Scott Pell (Milawa) - had an excellent season, but defenders rarely get noticed by umpires
Jaimon Mcgeehan (Moyhu) - Should poll highly

I'd expect Sims to get a few votes early on, Sesho to poll well towards the end, but as always an onballer will most likely win.

Jono Rea (King Valley) - as it's been discussed, he'll find it hard to get 2's and 3's
Jamie Berry (North Wangaratta) - same as Jono
Wayne Millis (Whorouly) - As always, he'll poll well
Evan Laverty (King Valley) - Can't see him being anywhere near the top
Scott Pell (Milawa) - had an excellent season, but defenders rarely get noticed by umpires
Jaimon Mcgeehan (Moyhu) - Should poll highly

I'd expect Sims to get a few votes early on, Sesho to poll well towards the end, but as always an onballer will most likely win.

Well said BK, I agree with what you said.

What about reserves & thirds, nobody has mentioned them...although pretty hard to get an idea as not everyone gets to see all of both these games!

Scott Pell from Milawa has had a sensational year in a winning side. However, the likes of B & L Newton (late in season), Sholte, Gardiner, Sims (early), even Jeff Whitehead who has had a great year as well in the ruck, may take votes from him.
I'd probably look at someone who's stood out at say Glenrowan, Moyhu, Greta, Bright or Whorouly.
Tarra and Milawa are too evenly spead with talent, and the other sides probably haven't won enough games to get the 3 & 2 votes.
But you never know, it is judged by umpires!!!![/QUOTE]

Who wear hats...:D:D:D I reckon most clubs would have at least 1 player
who could go close... How many votes does it usualy take to win, from memory about 30??? plus

Does anyone know why tarrawingee have a add in todays chronicle for expressions of interest for all positions surely they have got to be happy with how they are going?

Does anyone know why tarrawingee have a add in todays chronicle for expressions of interest for all positions surely they have got to be happy with how they are going in all grades?

Does anyone know why tarrawingee have a add in todays chronicle for expressions of interest for all positions surely they have got to be happy with how they are going in all grades?
im sure they would just be covering all basis incase mick wilson were to leave, alot of clubs advertise at the end of every season regardless of how well they are travelling, to see what might be out there

Great win yesterday Virge, but looks as though have got a couple of injuries? Hopefully not too bad though. Got replacements for these injured players? You may as well say Thompson didn't play the game so was good effort without him up forward!
Moore any chance of playing or is his season over?
Yesterday showed that 21 players who play as a "team" in finals will show out in the end! Sitting near some Glenrowan supporters for the day, they thought they had the game in the bag from the beginning! Didn't work out for them did it...

Virge did I read right in the critic that there is now a league investigation into the events surrouding the emerg umpire in the final against Bright

Virge did I read right in the critic that there is now a league investigation into the events surrouding the emerg umpire in the final against Bright

Yeah saw that Slim i believe someone was out during the week to ask a few questions , not sure what the proccess is or wether there is any penalty likely to result . Although it was a little bit ugly it seems to me that they are making an example of it and our club is going to be the ones to be tarnished , i dont reckon we have been too bad over the years compared to some.

Great effort , but came at a cost will struggle to field a side , hopefully Moorey can play but i wouldnt count on it . The Tigers would be disappointed going out in staights , i dont about you blokes but shit theyve got some heavy boys i reckon they were far to big and slow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort , but came at a cost will struggle to field a side , hopefully Moorey can play but i wouldnt count on it . The Tigers would be disappointed going out in staights , i dont about you blokes but shit theyve got some heavy boys i reckon they were far to big and slow.

Yes there were some very big boys, but I don't think you "ran them off there legs" I think Moyhu played smart, hard, tough footy! And used the ball that much bit better!
You boys always seem to field a competitive side, but who do you think will come in for the injured players?

hey there gents, can any Tarra boys shed some light on a bloke named Keith Moorhead? played in the late 70's and claimed that he won a BnF.. just interested as he now resides up in Kerang... thanks boys!

hey there gents, can any Tarra boys shed some light on a bloke named Keith Moorhead? played in the late 70's and claimed that he won a BnF.. just interested as he now resides up in Kerang... thanks boys!
Hey mate, the name doesn't sound familiar and I can't recall seeing his name on any of the B&F boards hanging around the club - but I probably couldn't name any of the 70's B&F winners. I'll check it out Thursday night if I remember and get back to you.

Hey mate, the name doesn't sound familiar and I can't recall seeing his name on any of the B&F boards hanging around the club - but I probably couldn't name any of the 70's B&F winners. I'll check it out Thursday night if I remember and get back to you.

thanks champ, he's a teacher of mine and i'm just seeking a bit of clarification as he often talks about the club and its success and how he used to play there...

I am also a student of Keith Moorhead's. Lovely bloke. Whilst discussing footy during class one day, he told us that he won a B&F for Tarrawingee, and I am certain that he said it was in the seniors. I think he said it was 1978 - or thereabouts. He is only a short lad and had a head of fiery red hair. Wore the number 16 I believe.

If any older fellas at the club remember him or know anything about him, paceman and I would be very keen to hear it. Thanks guys.

So what does everyone think...Moyhu or Milawa this week?

Milawa has been playing some good footy of late, but Moyhu has some great finals experience in there side! Will that be enough?

So what does everyone think...Moyhu or Milawa this week?

Milawa has been playing some good footy of late, but Moyhu has some great finals experience in there side! Will that be enough?

Individually, Milawa have the better players and should win. But as you said, Moyhu has a lot of experience and they always seem to do well in the finals. I reckon it'll be close early on but Milawa will run over the top. Moyhu don't play pretty footy and they'll be doing everything they can to bring Milawa down, but it'll only last a half at the most. Milawa's skill and fitness will get them through by around a five goal margin.

Individually, Milawa have the better players and should win. But as you said, Moyhu has a lot of experience and they always seem to do well in the finals. I reckon it'll be close early on but Milawa will run over the top. Moyhu don't play pretty footy and they'll be doing everything they can to bring Milawa down, but it'll only last a half at the most. Milawa's skill and fitness will get them through by around a five goal margin.

You make good points, but individuals DON'T win you matches - especially in finals! However I do understand what you are saying!
If they frustrate Milawa enough in the 1st half it might be enough to rattle them...matter of wait & see I suppose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back