Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wodonga Favourites????? They have picked up two rippers in Thompson and Heta but they have lost Laracy, Lewington and now it appears Raines. For me this seems like they have remained consistent or if anything lost ground. Albury still in the drivers seat with Yarra closing very quickly.

Seems like there are some very quiet clubs about at the moment, anyone aware of any signings or signing rumours?

I dont think Wodonga have gone backwards. I feel they have gained on Tigers and Yarra. Yeah they have lost some young players but:-

Brad Thompson - Has all those players covered. Dont forget this bloke has B&F's in the OM and A-grade Ammos coming out of his ears.

Hayden Heta - Ammos clubs 2 x B&F winner plus league Winner. 200cm and 110kg blokes who can play footy are hard to find.

These 2 blokes can win games off their own back. The blokes departing Wodonga cant. they are good players but a few levels behind these 2.

Dont forget Steven Fouracre - Played some very solid footy with Noble Park in the super strong Eastern League - should make presence felt out there. Built like a brick sh!thouse.

The last 2 finals series Matthew Shir has been out of action or on one leg - get this bloke firing at the right time of the year and the Dogs could be barking loud in 2010!

Don't think Wodonga has gained much on the other 2, Heta will make a difference with the shortage of quality big men in the comp he has to, but if they lose Raines it may balance out, teams need quality mids to be successful, Albury proved that this season, winning it from the centre and stopages is what wins games.

Gaining Thompson will help defensively, but they really need to pick up some quality goal kickers.

Yeah Albury have lost a few, but before they even starrt recruiting, they regain injured players in Bush and McAlister for starters, also young Darcy Judd has recovered from his spleen op, not to mention other 2s players that could have stepped up last year if not for the overladen talent pool.

For mine Tigers are still just ahead of Yarra with Wodonga treading water along with Wang and the rest can take next season off.

Don't think Wodonga has gained much on the other 2, Heta will make a difference with the shortage of quality big men in the comp he has to, but if they lose Raines it may balance out, teams need quality mids to be successful, Albury proved that this season, winning it from the centre and stopages is what wins games.

Gaining Thompson will help defensively, but they really need to pick up some quality goal kickers.

Yeah Albury have lost a few, but before they even starrt recruiting, they regain injured players in Bush and McAlister for starters, also young Darcy Judd has recovered from his spleen op, not to mention other 2s players that could have stepped up last year if not for the overladen talent pool.

For mine Tigers are still just ahead of Yarra with Wodonga treading water along with Wang and the rest can take next season off.

all very interesting points - and its still early but albury has a bit of work to do still by covering their departures... i dont think wodonga at the best were that far off albury in 09. heta and thompson will also bring a physical presence unmatched by most players in the comp.

will shane paton continue with wodonga in 2009 - i know he doesnt live in wodonga (either in the bush or melbourne) so im wondering whether he will travel?

all very interesting points - and its still early but albury has a bit of work to do still by covering their departures... i dont think wodonga at the best were that far off albury in 09. heta and thompson will also bring a physical presence unmatched by most players in the comp.

will shane paton continue with wodonga in 2009 - i know he doesnt live in wodonga (either in the bush or melbourne) so im wondering whether he will travel?

Did you mean Simon Paton??

I think it will be a 3 horse race next year, Albury, Yarra and Wodonga miles ahead of the rest.

Big H is a huge pick up for the doggies, everyone loves him at the club, super bloke and IMO peerless in the ruck in the O&M, should dominate. Imagine the likes of Twitt and Shir getting first hands on the footy out of the middle with their foot skills.

Having Thommo back next year is great news for the club, bulldog legend and with Michael Lamb possibly playing again the backline is looking very solid and also very attacking on the rebound.

Any news on Nth Albury recruits for next year? The only 1 i've heard is Joel Price

I think they have picked up a couple others from the riverina league, where matt mcdonald is from, but not 100% sure, they'll need to pick up some serious guns if there going to even be competitive with Albury Yarra Wodonga...
Big new raines is outta there? is travel really the reason?
Is prior still training with North Albury?

and got another question, will the "Best Ruckman" in the comp Cal Mclay be able to hold his own against big Hayden Heta?
my personal thoughts is he will get smashed all around the ground...

and got another question, will the "Best Ruckman" in the comp Cal Mclay be able to hold his own against big Hayden Heta?
my personal thoughts is he will get smashed all around the ground...

Can't help but sense a tinge of sarcasm there Wiz, you can only compete with what the rest of the comp has to offer, and last season Cal was as good as it gets in the ruck position in the O&M. Cal's played good honest footy with Albury for a few seasons now and can't be faulted. Will he get smashed by Heta in the ruck and all around the ground? probably, Heta's mobility would trouble most, but then again if Kirby was around, he'd carv up Heta. Can't wait to see it though, Albury may struggle in the big man department.

Ronald McDonald Mark Keenan is heading home to Spotty to play next year. From all reports didnt dominate up there last year but will surely be a big loss.

Ronald McDonald Mark Keenan is heading home to Spotty to play next year. From all reports didnt dominate up there last year but will surely be a big loss.

Won't worry Yarra too much, the canteen was only thing he dominated! Spotty would wanna load up on the hot dogs.

Nick Raines get's a heap of the footy, runs very hard all day will make some poor decision by foot but everything else he is very good at.
2 time best and fairest winner at Corowa had to leave their for some reason personal issues with the club or something like that someone will know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hooper has departed the magpie nest and is apparently off to a melb suburban league together with sam higgs who the maggies were also trying to lure back to the nest. with smith heading to sunbury and mccormick gone a gaping hole is left in the pies midfield

Won't worry Yarra too much, the canteen was only thing he dominated! Spotty would wanna load up on the hot dogs.

Doesnt mind a hot dog or 30 the boy. Whether he dominated or not, big guys who can take a catch dont grow on trees mate. Good luck them finding a better replacement

Doesnt mind a hot dog or 30 the boy. Whether he dominated or not, big guys who can take a catch dont grow on trees mate. Good luck them finding a better replacement

No one grows on trees! I think you've got the birds, bees and trees all mixed up.:D

Don't know how many he (Keenan) kicked for the season, would like to see the stats on what he kicked against the top sides compared to the bottom sides??? Did see him play a couple of times and was very ordinary. Would've been getting paid good dollars as well?? Yarra would be better giving some money to a good young local (McHenry) who has gone to Mulwala than paying a dud like Keenan>

hooper has departed the magpie nest and is apparently off to a melb suburban league together with sam higgs who the maggies were also trying to lure back to the nest. with smith heading to sunbury and mccormick gone a gaping hole is left in the pies midfield

also add that cosgriff priced himself out of the equation so things are looking dire down the norm minns now

also add that cosgriff priced himself out of the equation so things are looking dire down the norm minns now

so at this stage it looks like this at the norm minns

out - smith hooper mccormick williamson
chasing but missed - cosgriff higgs sessions
in - daws

any news on trenfield and/or mullins? i had heard trenfield was certain to be back at wang but then read on here somewhere that he's re-signed with balranald? and hear from a mate down geelong way that mullins could be heading to one of the clubs down the coastal way?

the landscape seems to have changed a fair bit from how it was looking about 5-6 weeks ago for wang. could be a testing year 1st up for juddy porter

this may have already been talked about on here but i haven't had a good look through the posts but is mcmillan definitely heading back to yarra? massive addition for them if he is. he must have absolutely ripped the cairns comp to pieces if he was half serious up there?

in - daws

any news on trenfield and/or mullins? i had heard trenfield was certain to be back at wang but then read on here somewhere that he's re-signed with balranald? and hear from a mate down geelong way that mullins could be heading to one of the clubs down the coastal way?

the landscape seems to have changed a fair bit from how it was looking about 5-6 weeks ago for wang. could be a testing year 1st up for juddy porter

this may have already been talked about on here but i haven't had a good look through the posts but is mcmillan definitely heading back to yarra? massive addition for them if he is. he must have absolutely ripped the cairns comp to pieces if he was half serious up there?

Gannon's also gone back to melbourne

i think Lukes still hunting for a sparky jobs so hes uncertain where he'll end, Trenny did 'seem' to be singed sealed and delivered but im not sure about, just on cosy hes asking the going rate of a player of his exceptional caliber and that fair enough for him to look after his financial future though footy its just a matter of whether the coffers are a full as they have been in past years at the norm minns

Don't know how many he (Keenan) kicked for the season, would like to see the stats on what he kicked against the top sides compared to the bottom sides??? Did see him play a couple of times and was very ordinary. Would've been getting paid good dollars as well?? Yarra would be better giving some money to a good young local (McHenry) who has gone to Mulwala than paying a dud like Keenan>

Fair call bads - 'crackers' definitely kicked more goals against the bottom sides than top this year, but still had a reasonably good year for the pidgeons. My mail is that both player and club decided it was in their best interests if he moved on. My thoughts are it opens up the cheque book to help get Pettifer over the line, and another ex-AFL player they've been talking to.

in - daws

this may have already been talked about on here but i haven't had a good look through the posts but is mcmillan definitely heading back to yarra? massive addition for them if he is. he must have absolutely ripped the cairns comp to pieces if he was half serious up there?[/QUOTE]

Hey captain P.. Yeh, McMillan definitely back at Yarra, and is seen as the ideal (and better?) replacement for Keenan.. Looking fit and ready for a big season :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back