Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if billy was to play in the O&M he would tear every side in this comp to shreds. his preparation is meticulous and would easily make guys like mccormack look second rate. having played with him for a couple of years id have to say he is one of the best midfielders in australia if not the best outside the afl and could easily play state league. i think if my memory serves me hes won 5 best and fairests in 5 years, 2 of them in the SANFL. lavi would have to have thrown some massive coin at him to get him though, i know he was getting over 40 grand a year up in canberra.

Has Bill learnt to drive yet or does Steak Seymour still run him around?
Or maybe Lavi r payin 4 drivin lessons

Gentlemen i am a senior coach in the heathcote league just outside of bendigo. I am looking to see if there are any young footballers fom your clubs who might be moving to bendigo for uni in 09. With quiet a solid uni contingent already established at the club we are looking to build with more young and enthusiastic footballers. With a senior flag in '08 we are again chasing the ultimate success. If you have any names of kids you know moving to the area and who want to play at a quality country league please let me know. kind regards
brent millar

I only recently found out that Yarrawonga champion ,Les Salty Parish had passed away. Could anyone tell me when and what happened.He was such a good footballer.

i heard yesterday alburys search for another key forward may have been solved, in former silvan footballer owen weatherly, weatherly is a lump of a lad and could be the final piece in alburys puzzle if true.. stay tuned...

Gentlemen i am a senior coach in the heathcote league just outside of bendigo. I am looking to see if there are any young footballers fom your clubs who might be moving to bendigo for uni in 09. With quiet a solid uni contingent already established at the club we are looking to build with more young and enthusiastic footballers. With a senior flag in '08 we are again chasing the ultimate success. If you have any names of kids you know moving to the area and who want to play at a quality country league please let me know. kind regards
brent millar

Get ya hand off it Funky you're not that desperate for players!!!! :D

You're doin alright with the recruits from what i hear! :thumbsu:

the money billy was getting this year was purely for football, no development work was involved. up in the ACT transfer fees are still happening and its not a state league in the true sense, so im assuming that they are still happening. i know if he was going to another act club thats what the fee wouldve roughly been

i heard yesterday alburys search for another key forward may have been solved, in former silvan footballer owen weatherly, weatherly is a lump of a lad and could be the final piece in alburys puzzle if true.. stay tuned...

How would this fella go making the transition to OM - isn't silvan in the yarra mountain league, a league which I'm told is much weaker than OM standard?

I only recently found out that Yarrawonga champion ,Les Salty Parish had passed away. Could anyone tell me when and what happened.He was such a good footballer.

Les Parish passed away about 6 or 7 years ago i think may even been a bit longer, not sure how he died though.

I reckon Lavi were onto this bloke Weatherly in the lead-up to last season and if this is the case I can't see Timba letting all his leg work go to waste and seeing this bloke sign at Albury unless of course Jossy has got him a job as well.

with all the talk about most of the other clubs recruit i was wondering if North Albury has had new recruits or are they sticking with their young kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Weatherly play for North Adelaide in the SANFL last year. Was in and out of the ones and would be avery good full forward in the O&M. Can lose his head though.

Breakin News! Jamie Allan to cross the Golf Links Rd and pull on the black and white this year. Surely this is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth that the Rovers could have received pre season. Surely money must have played a big part in this move?

Breakin News! Jamie Allan to cross the Golf Links Rd and pull on the black and white this year. Surely this is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth that the Rovers could have received pre season. Surely money must have played a big part in this move?

massive news if right. had heard that he might have been close to signing with wodonga late last week. it is amazing how the wheel has turned in wang re the fortunes of the 2 o&m clubs since the early 2000's

also just read that lee schmidt has signed with an sanfl club which is a massive blow to c/r

What is he thinking!! It was meant to be the best option for his footy moving forward, that's crap we all know its money. Lots of it!!

Can't wait for the derby A. Hill to unleash hell, good luck he will need it.

Happy days realy, as lowly as i rate the man as an o&m footballer, hes a great bloke and its always nice to 'poach' someone who is adored by the masses over the road. Will 2009 once again be the year of the magpie i wonder.....

Happy days realy, as lowly as i rate the man as an o&m footballer, hes a great bloke and its always nice to 'poach' someone who is adored by the masses over the road. Will 2009 once again be the year of the magpie i wonder.....

You must be a muppet and a half if you dont rate him as a footballer. He is a better player than anyone magpies have had in the last 10 years bar McCormick. Pies have done well to get him, just hope for the man's sake that it is not a decision he will regret in the future.

He may be joined on various ocassions by the brother of the coach.

Midfield of McCormick, Smith, Allan, Lappin, Porter has appeal.

You must be a muppet and a half if you dont rate him as a footballer. He is a better player than anyone magpies have had in the last 10 years bar McCormick. Pies have done well to get him, just hope for the man's sake that it is not a decision he will regret in the future.

My comment was slightly inaccurite should have read i dont rate him as highly as others. I wouldnt have rated him in my top 5 best mids in the league last year. As for hes a better player then all bar McCormick comment, i recon Luke Norman would feel hurt by that seeing he is (bar the great Robbie Walker ofcourse) proably the best player to pull on a jumper in the O&m in the last 20 years

It's massive news if it's true that Allan has crossed that 10 foot of tar that separates the two clubs.
What has happened to get to this point given the jungle drums have been beating about a move since the end of the season that he was disgruntled.
This would not have happened in years gone by and says so much about how far Rovers have slipped as a club and the importance placed on loyalty to the brown and gold.
They took an age to appoint a coach and eventually talked a club legend (Matt Allen) into doing a job he didn't really want.
While they were dithering about that Jamie was happily talking to clubs who would tell him he has been hardly done by in recent best and fairest counts and would provide him with the on-field protection he felt he lacked at Rovers.
Ouch.

It's massive news if it's true that Allan has crossed that 10 foot of tar that separates the two clubs.
What has happened to get to this point given the jungle drums have been beating about a move since the end of the season that he was disgruntled.
This would not have happened in years gone by and says so much about how far Rovers have slipped as a club and the importance placed on loyalty to the brown and gold.
They took an age to appoint a coach and eventually talked a club legend (Matt Allen) into doing a job he didn't really want.
While they were dithering about that Jamie was happily talking to clubs who would tell him he has been hardly done by in recent best and fairest counts and would provide him with the on-field protection he felt he lacked at Rovers.
Ouch.

that is a piss poor excuse to leave a club the blokes played all his junior footy with. that is nothin short of shittin in ya own backyard. Surely Jamie Allen would not be so childish to leave a club thats been good to him, over a few b&f votes !
How r those other on-ballers at the maggots guna give him better protection when they themselves are all kick chasin ??
he could of made a big mistake here. are there un-written rules in wang that once u cross that road u dont come back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back