Ovens and Murray Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheers mate found them cook got five as did clark and newman got seven for them.. clark was named as best, interestingly it looks like shir and neely didnt play either... great win..

Ovens & Murray FL 20.7-127 d. Goulburn Valley FL 12.8-80

Ovens & Murray FL
Goal Kickers: D. Clark 5, A. Cook 5, D. Leslie 3, J. Mackie 2, X. Leslie , M. Doolan , K. Kuschert , M. McDonald , J. Smith
Best Players: D. Clark, R. Ferraro, J. Smith, D. Leslie, X. Leslie

Goulburn Valley FL
Goal Kickers: P. Newman 7, P. Kirby 2, B. Vallender , C. Casey , B. Cosgriff
Best Players: P. Newman, L. Wellington, C. Casey, J. Sheahan, B. Collins

Hows it going mate?
any news on how the 3rds went and do u have any stats

No stats, but they might be in the paper tomorrow.

Under 18s

Ovens & Murray FL 9.7-61 d. Goulburn Valley FL 7.14-56

Ovens & Murray FL
Goal Kickers: R. Miller 3, T. Mitchelhill 2, D. Beattie , T. Bryant , M. Brown , H. Northey
Best Players: M. Irvine, L. Gardiner, T. Bryant, M. Brown, J. Andrew, J. Sammon

Goulburn Valley FL
Goal Kickers: S. Driscoll 2, S. Oakley 2, J. IVILL , A. Walton , D. Johnstone
Best Players: S. Oakley, A. Childs, P. Hubbard, N. DUNDON, A. Crawford, B. MARTYN

Yeah, shared the ruck duties with Michael Hooper. Didn't have a huge impact but was reasonably solid.
good work cal and o and m. great to see you beat the stuck up im better than everyone else gvfl. o & m are better . who do they play next:)

See Matthew Lappin named for Wangaratta again. Any news of whether he will play this time or will it depend on Brett Ratten giving the all-clear after tonight's match against West Coast. Probably the worst news Myrtleford needs to hear at the moment - struggling to kick goals, now they may have to contend with a 250+ games AFL superstar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have to say i went to the lavington/raiders match on saturday and on that showing i must say im suprised the raiders have one only the one match before hand...esp after the panthers jumped them early... prior and cook were dangerous all day as was brendan way playing forward. mark doolan played a good game in the middle and was also good to see steinhauser play ok in his 100th match.. i expect the raiders to cause a few more upsets before the year is out...

have to say i went to the lavington/raiders match on saturday and on that showing i must say im suprised the raiders have one only the one match before hand...esp after the panthers jumped them early... prior and cook were dangerous all day as was brendan way playing forward. mark doolan played a good game in the middle and was also good to see steinhauser play ok in his 100th match.. i expect the raiders to cause a few more upsets before the year is out...

i think raiders have been very unlucky not to have won more games this season. They were unlucky not to walk away with the 4 points to yarra and corowa/rutherglen, and if the umpiring was better against the rovers in the first round. they COULD have been on 4 or 5 wins by now... but they are not.

They need to put in a solid showing against the maggies this weekend if they want to keep any confidence in their team.
It was good to see the old Doolan back, and it was also good that DJ Oates remains in the twos. He has not even impressed there. Prior was unstoppable and it was great to see the whole team pull together for the win....... lets hope they can keep it up...:thumbsu:

Ok... almost at the half way stage of the season.
Whos been best player?
Best teams?
Will the teams in the 5 now stay there?
Biggest headline?
Whats to expect in the last half of the year?

Whos been best player?
Best teams?
Biggest headline?

1. Shir
2. Wang/Albury
3. top 5 to stay as is
4. Albury admit they wouldn't exist without Spargo
5. Myrtleford to fold

1. Shir
2. Wang/Albury
3. top 5 to stay as is
4. Albury admit they wouldn't exist without Spargo
5. Myrtleford to fold

shir/j mccormick

albury closely followed by yarra and then wang. going to be a great finals series if all 3 can get there in a healthy state

top 5 to remain unchanged, wang to grab 3rd

expect on the field - albury yarra wang to clear out as the 3 clear flag chances, and off the field repeated questions about myrtleford's viability in the league

Whos been best player?
Best teams?
Biggest headline?

Dan leslie clearly...
albury, yarrawonga certainly have done better then i thought.. albury to win it easily though..
north albury maybe the ones to fall out if any...
i hope to see the headline the revival of the saints, but its most likely the demise of the saints...

good to see alex popko played well on the weekend on return from injury, in my opinion one of, if not the most improved player in the competition? agree? disagree?

Whos been best player? Jon Mc, shir
Best teams? Albury, Wang, Yarra in that order
Will the teams in the 5 now stay there? more then likely
Biggest headline? Bradshaw kicks 15 for beechworth prison allstars
Whats to expect in the last half of the year? Matty Lappin to finaly pull on the black and white in time for the finals

Geez it must have been a slow sporting news week, David Johnston trawlling the ovens & murray website clearences for a beat up story on a 16yo kid.

Only to be topped off by "lets get my head everywhere" Wodonga coach saying "there is not much they can do about it "

Looking for some more sporting goods when he gets drafted are we ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back