Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to say I was wrong about the Rovers. Put the game away early today, totally controlled the last half. Even our boy potato train ran rampant in the last quarter!
Had a massive crowd through the gate, beer was cold as ice! Tip of the hat from me.
Prime.train was very good today. Filo dominated.
Yarra couldn't get the ball to Williams enough, and honestly, he looks every bit of a front runner. Winge to the umpire alot. Rovers were class today,

Moore kicking 10 for maggies, have they found their mojo after a slow start, what a season this could be

As not a supporter of either club Angus , but Yarra should have put their stamp on the game by the 12 minute mark 3rd quarter . If you kick more points than gls . ? Yarra will take a bit to beat . Wang got 2 weeks off . Hope they spend It wisely. Big game
I was questionable on Johno's coaching afew weeks ago. I know he had acouple cattle out but there didn't appear to be a lot of match day moves. Kick long to an out numbered Williams at all cost, let Murray waltz around doing his thing and handball till you turn it over.

Prime.train was very good today. Filo dominated.
Yarra couldn't get the ball to Williams enough, and honestly, he looks every bit of a front runner. Winge to the umpire alot. Rovers were class today,

Moore kicking 10 for maggies, have they found their mojo after a slow start, what a season this could be

Williams a front runner? 868 goals would probably suggest otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I suppose the next 2 weeks on this rather dubious site will be slagging SJ on his coaching. ( from rather dubious slags maybe) . So question is , why would any high profile coach approach CFNC to help ? How were the umpires today ? 😀😀😀
One cannot be compared with the other. One would be helping a club currently in recess out of the doldrums, while the other is a high profile former AFL player coaching last years grand finalists while also spending a lot of time in AFL media (and having his priorities questioned). Chalk and cheese

Rated higher by the coaching staff then as he made the best players
OK so I agree my comment about Williams was off the boil, competed hard and looks dangerous to stop, but still seemed to look to the umpire alot more than you'd expect.

Went to yarras huddle and was surprised to see SJ glancing the record and not being very active at 3/4 time, youd think a top level coach wouldnt need a record to know the opposition. spoke well, but didn't seem to inspire his troops with passion. Only time will tell.

On another note, Geoff no where to be seen at the ground. Must of been held back by 3 men to stop himself being to excited

Did Gibbons end up playing for Yarra today?
Will be in the early game next week, arrogant of Steven to throw him in to today’s game underdone. Flirting with form and disrespecting high class opposition won’t get you anywhere, the coaching apprenticeship can go on for two decades in this funny old game. There’s two sides in town now, one loves the flat track and the other won’t shirk a challenge. Get a good look at Murray? He’ll be gobbled up in the big smoke next year let me tell you.

Will be in the early game next week, arrogant of Steven to throw him in to today’s game underdone. Flirting with form and disrespecting high class opposition won’t get you anywhere, the coaching apprenticeship can go on for two decades in this funny old game. There’s two sides in town now, one loves the flat track and the other won’t shirk a challenge. Get a good look at Murray? He’ll be gobbled up in the big smoke next year let me tell you.

So a guy that got 4th best will be dropped cause of form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patrick or Toby

Went to yarras huddle and was surprised to see SJ glancing the record and not being very active at 3/4 time, youd think a top level coach wouldnt need a record to know the opposition. spoke well, but didn't seem to inspire his troops with passion. Only time will tell.

He should have plenty of time during the week to watch a replay of the opposition

I’ve sat at selection panels while interviewing would be coaches in the past, the most important question you can ask is, why our club? Why do you want to coach our club? You can sniff a pocket liner from a mile away, I’ve turned down more impressive CV’s and opted for unproven little guys, because their intent was as honest as the day was long. Ultimately we nurtured a wonderful coach. Blossomed in to hard nosed no nonsense premiership coach, the thing I admired was he always respected the opposition.

I’m dreaming of a Wang vs Rovers GF. Would be so much fun.
I still think it’s Yarra’s to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If a Wang Vs Rover GF.
What sort of security numbers would you imagine they would need to “hold back” Geoff.
Maybe the league needs to book Mick Gatto early. Just to help out

Yarra have failed against Albury and rovers, and rolled an undermanned magpies, so there's pressure at Yarra, with the added .edit commitments, is he involved or committed, he was lauded in the same breath as Sam Mitchell as a future coach when he stopped playing, there's a few mumblings, can he coach

The two blokes with bleached blonde hair from Albury can play, the larger one to be particular, but I don’t like the attitude.

OK so I agree my comment about Williams was off the boil, competed hard and looks dangerous to stop, but still seemed to look to the umpire alot more than you'd expect.

On another note, Geoff no where to be seen at the ground. Must of been held back by 3 men to stop himself being to excited
You sure Stevie J didn't have a form guide folded up in his footy record 🤷‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back