Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Albury Yarra and Wang haven’t been that dominant this year, they’ve all been upset, it’s nothing like the decade of a two horse race, this is wide open. Rovers have beaten Yarra and Wang, had Albury on the ropes last week, if it wasn’t for some bad luck in the final quarter. Let’s not forget Wodonga comfortably defeating the Magpies earlier in the season too. This is going to be a very interesting finals series.

Albury Yarra and Wang haven’t been that dominant this year, they’ve all been upset, it’s nothing like the decade of a two horse race, this is wide open. Rovers have beaten Yarra and Wang, had Albury on the ropes last week, if it wasn’t for some bad luck in the final quarter. Let’s not forget Wodonga comfortably defeating the Magpies earlier in the season too. This is going to be a very interesting finals series.

Do the Rovers and Wodonga’s win in the first two games really count
Magpies had nothing to play for and obviously didn’t give a shit about those matches until they actually started playing for points.

Last edited:

This is great to read. Going off what you’ve said the comp is in a great place and anybody can win on their day.
Great to see, long may it continue

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is great to read. Going off what you’ve said the comp is in a great place and anybody can win on their day.
Great to see, long may it continue

Has the Commercial Club Albury severed ties with Wang? I haven’t seen boofhead’s TV ad recently…

You think sides are going to risk A-graders in dead rubbers? The mind games begin, can’t split the top four, let’s see who really knows how to coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah ST, I’m one of Larry’s ardent admirers. Long may it continue

Big Laz hasn't attended a Rovers game this year. There's been a few incidents involving his favourite players and not so much of a whimper, let alone penning letters to the authorities! A couple at Lavi, one last Saturday, many in the earlier games, his inside info about Rovers is just plain guesswork, entertaining, but guesswork.

Rovers got done over again in clearances, or should I say effective clearances as I see they "won" the clearances, what a joke that is! They're a good side with quite a few players to come back and there's no way known that Wodonga will come within cooee of them in finals.

Jace McQuade is like Dustin Fletcher only better, he could be standing at full back and his opponent is about to mark the ball on the wing and he'd still get a fist to it... What a champ!!!

People are mowing their lawns, I smell September.

Big Laz hasn't attended a Rovers game this year. There's been a few incidents involving his favourite players and not so much of a whimper, let alone penning letters to the authorities! A couple at Lavi, one last Saturday, many in the earlier games, his inside info about Rovers is just plain guesswork, entertaining, but guesswork.

Rovers got done over again in clearances, or should I say effective clearances as I see they "won" the clearances, what a joke that is! They're a good side with quite a few players to come back and there's no way known that Wodonga will come within cooee of them in finals.

Jace McQuade is like Dustin Fletcher only better, he could be standing at full back and his opponent is about to mark the ball on the wing and he'd still get a fist to it... What a champ!!!

I reckon big Laz would be a motorbike enthusiast. Loves his big treks from here there and everywhere, building up on his life experience while still keeping touch with the common folk.
Could he be away from the club on a trek now? Priming himself for a finals onslaught!

I reckon big Laz would be a motorbike enthusiast. Loves his big treks from here there and everywhere, building up on his life experience while still keeping touch with the common folk.
Could he be away from the club on a trek now? Priming himself for a finals onslaught!

I reckon you’ve got a bit to do with BigLaz.

MQuade is top class, but would it be fair to say Dustin Fletcher was slightly better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back