Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

What's a senior ump get paid? I think far more ex players would think about it, if the pay was better or keep people involved who might give it up
$200 a game, district leagues $150, bloody pathetic. The AFL splashes money on unicorn rainbow flags and all this kind of nonsense, why not fund grassroots umpiring schools? Fix some of the old shit houses for the little guys. The revenue built from the big guys should trickle back through the grassroots. Kids who don’t have boots, parents who can’t afford the travel. The bureaucrats at top level need a long hard look at themselves, after all, they make their dollars from country footballers.

$200 a game, district leagues $150, bloody pathetic. The AFL splashes money on unicorn rainbow flags and all this kind of nonsense, why not fund grassroots umpiring schools? Fix some of the old s**t houses for the little guys. The revenue built from the big guys should trickle back through the grassroots. Kids who don’t have boots, parents who can’t afford the travel. The bureaucrats at top level need a long hard look at themselves, after all, they make their dollars from country footballers.
Actually have to agree here big fella. Even a broken watch gets the time right twice a day..

The premiership race is wide open, The Rovers best football can comfortably win it, second quarter yesterday shows they’re the best side, just got to sustain it. Baulch can’t be in the side if they’re serious about this, we need heart, not cheap goals. Gotta do it the hard way now, no safety net, this is where heroes are made. Muzza gotta be in the conversation for the Morris.

Filo and the ruckman Murray were pretty good for rovers. Must say when baulch goes near the footy the commentators are doing a s**t ton of arse licking
Filo’s a freak.

Last qtr took the ball on the boundary at half back and took off along the boundary line, shrugged off two Albury opponents, had three bounces, and kicked a goal from the boundary 55 metres out.

This was the last quarter! He had to be buggered but he keeps finding a way to run at speed.

Toby was great but he needs help.

The premiership race is wide open, The Rovers best football can comfortably win it, second quarter yesterday shows they’re the best side, just got to sustain it. Baulch can’t be in the side if they’re serious about this, we need heart, not cheap goals. Gotta do it the hard way now, no safety net, this is where heroes are made. Muzza gotta be in the conversation for the Morris.
Those big blokes at Albury didn’t get any shorter in the last quarter…

Filo and the ruckman Murray were pretty good for rovers. Must say when baulch goes near the footy the commentators are doing a s**t ton of arse licking
Prime was in a grand mood after the game, the result doesn’t mean much to guys like him. You need guys who’ll bleed for the jumper, a few in the twos who’d be better suited in the later game.

Prime was in a grand mood after the game, the result doesn’t mean much to guys like him. You need guys who’ll bleed for the jumper, a few in the twos who’d be better suited in the later game.
I agree completely with your comment about Gaston, and your post above.

Prime doesn’t know when he’s overstepped the mark, he’s got no filter. If his team mates are okay with it then that’s that, they know better than an arm chair expert like me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a firm whisper Toms camera crew seek out people in the crowd and encourage them to talk bullocks in to the lens so he can orchestrate a back against the wall sob story online. I’ll be raising this with the league officials this week, it’s not a good look for the clubs involved. I’d say bordering on bringing the game in to dispute.

Heard a firm whisper Toms camera crew seek out people in the crowd and encourage them to talk bullocks in to the lens so he can orchestrate a back against the wall sob story online. I’ll be raising this with the league officials this week, it’s not a good look for the clubs involved. I’d say bordering on bringing the game in to dispute.

So like The Block and Master Chef then ?

Oh I’m sure you will Tom

You’ll be raising it with league officials this week?

Prove it.

I’ve already let a close confidant know, he wants it in writing which I’ll be inking shortly. Happy to forward the transcript.
Maybe send the reply from the O&M 😂

You think they’ll act on a rumour about some content made by a cameraman with a mic on a subject of very little importance to anyone?

You think penning a letter is a good thing for the Rovers?

Anyone giving North a chance? Could be a very exciting R18 game against Prime and his men
Prime and his men? He’s lucky to fit in to a side like that. I’d be setting an example and banishing him to the twos, let his brand cop another hit and take him back down to earth, a hard nosed coach would’ve shown him the door months ago. NA deserve Wodonga’s spot, but they’ll just fall short, Rovers need a ten goal win to send a statement, “this is our time”. As Albury said, Rovers top 7 players are as good as any, Muzza and Filo have carried them a lot of weeks, spread the load and the sky’s the limit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back