Neville Bartos

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2004
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Doc Rivers' LA Clippers
This is a simple initiative that I'm sure will probably happen regardless but a friendly reminder can't hurt.

We need to be the most colourful, the loudest and the most passionate fans at the Grand Final. We are more than just an army, we hold the key to the Hawks winning this Grand Final. One of the problems with playing against Interstate Clubs in a Grand Final is the 40,000 or so neutrals who fill the MCG is they will almost always support the underdog and often support the Interstate team due to their familiarity with the Victorian team.

- We made so much noise and covered the ground in so much brown and gold on Friday night that they couldn't hear the siren! We won't have as many die hard fans at the game but considering the occasion we should be able to make up for it.
- Gold is a standout. You can see a sea of gold almost better than any other colour, brown doesm't really do it. Freo and their legions of turncoat Victorian supporters will obviously be decked out in purple which fortunately kinda neutralizes itself in a sea of other dark colours.
- Cheer every goal like its the winner. The reason Freo don't usually win against us in Tassie is because they have 5-10 fans in attendance. I'm ashamed to say that I've seen Freo play 3 times this year with one of those games being in Tassie against us in Round 4. The alternative are their games at Patersons where they literally cheer every tackle like it's a Buddy Franklin match winner. They will probably have 25,000 true fans a this game and no doubt we will have more (thanks AFL & MCC members) but it'll count for nothing if we don't make more noise than them.

So I implore you, cover yourself in gold and get the noise up around you, everyone else will follow!
If we get our boys going like we did on Friday night then good luck to these media darlings.

OWN THE CROWD

p.s. i'm flying over for the second year in a row so don't let me down, I'll be colourful and screaming my lungs to death for the best team in world sport

Well have about 35,000 in the crowd, the Dockers 20,000 but sadly the 45,000 or so neutrals will back the Purple Flogs home heavily.

But I agree with the premise of this thread, sadly there is not much we can do. The sentiment is running heavily with the Dockers at the moment.

Well have about 35,000 in the crowd, the Dockers 20,000 but sadly the 45,000 or so neutrals will back the Purple Flogs home heavily.

But I agree with the premise of this thread, sadly there is not much we can do. The sentiment is running heavily with the Dockers at the moment.

45,000 Neutrals go quiet a lot quicker than real fans

This is a simple initiative that I'm sure will probably happen regardless but a friendly reminder can't hurt.

We need to be the most colourful, the loudest and the most passionate fans at the Grand Final. We are more than just an army, we hold the key to the Hawks winning this Grand Final. One of the problems with playing against Interstate Clubs in a Grand Final is the 40,000 or so neutrals who fill the MCG is they will almost always support the underdog and often support the Interstate team due to their familiarity with the Victorian team.

- We made so much noise and covered the ground in so much brown and gold on Friday night that they couldn't hear the siren! We won't have as many die hard fans at the game but considering the occasion we should be able to make up for it.
- Gold is a standout. You can see a sea of gold almost better than any other colour, brown doesm't really do it. Freo and their legions of turncoat Victorian supporters will obviously be decked out in purple which fortunately kinda neutralizes itself in a sea of other dark colours.
- Cheer every goal like its the winner. The reason Freo don't usually win against us in Tassie is because they have 5-10 fans in attendance. I'm ashamed to say that I've seen Freo play 3 times this year with one of those games being in Tassie against us in Round 4. The alternative are their games at Patersons where they literally cheer every tackle like it's a Buddy Franklin match winner. They will probably have 25,000 true fans a this game and no doubt we will have more (thanks AFL & MCC members) but it'll count for nothing if we don't make more noise than them.

So I implore you, cover yourself in gold and get the noise up around you, everyone else will follow!
If we get our boys going like we did on Friday night then good luck to these media darlings.

OWN THE CROWD

p.s. i'm flying over for the second year in a row so don't let me down, I'll be colourful and screaming my lungs to death for the best team in world sport
I love your passion!!! Would love to be there in lieu of one of the 40,000 bloody neutrals (grrrrr- but that's for another post). Sounds as though I can count on you, though, to make a hell of a lot of noise for me! ;)

Not sure about that. I'm betting there will be a heathy smattering of Hawks supporters in the MCG and AFL members areas as well. Neville is right. We can make the MCG a veritable pressure cooker for Freo if we vocally turn up the heat on them. The lift we'd be giving our own boys at the same time would be invaluable. :thumbsu:

Agree. I'm just being realistic though...

Total Allocation?
30,000 for competing clubs (14,000 members, 1,000 club allocation)
13,000 AFL Members
5,000 Medallion Club Members
23,000 MCC Members
6,000 AFL Club Corporate Tickets
23,000 Miscellaneous tickets (Centre Square/AFL Corporate/Promotional tickets etc.)

For Hawthorn
15,000 HFC allocation (14,000 HFC members, 1,000 HFC)
3,500 AFL Members
500 Medallion Club Members
8,000 MCC Members
1,000 AFL Club Corporate Function Tickets
6,000 miscellaneous tickets

For Fremantle
15,000 FFC allocation (14,000 FFC members, 1,000 FFC)
50 AFL Members
10 Medallion Club Members
10 MCC Members
2,000 AFL Club Corporate Function Tickets
8,000 miscellaneous tickets

The remaining 40,000 or so will be riding the Dockers home hard

...now to get some work done

Based on those numbers above and a bit of creativity on the 40,000 "neutrals", this is how I see it panning out:

ARC0n5D.jpg

That's definitely enough to make the place rumble. Whenever we've played Collingwood we've been outnumbered and their the loudest crowd going around and we've still made a racket. Remember the noise from the Guerra Stratton Buddy Leap goal?

Evidently we actually outnumbered the Pies (on member pre-sales) to the Qualifying Final last year. It goes without saying our crowd support goes alright

But I take your point. The Fremantle neutral support factor won't last the match though it'll only be evident at the start.

Who knows with all the Purple Fog about the media we might get a few neutrals that see through the BS and get behind us :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F*CK I wish I Was there. I go bat shit crazy at Hawks games over here. Always good fun sitting in a sea of Crows supporters. Trying to get my mad bastard uncle tickets, he makes me look like a choir boy.

We all love the word "Ball" at the footy, some say it with such animosity. I am worried that Freo's tackling may allow for some of their fans to get very vocal through out the game. As a player the actual physical feeling of hearing that surely effects you in some way after being tackled. I'm not saying go out and be that dick supporter who say "BAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!" every time a Hawthorn player lays a hand on an opposition player. Just when it is there scream with all your lungs from the first tackle. Just remember to keep it lubricated, beer is the most popular choice. If one part takes in that.

C'ARN THE HAWKS!

Dockers will be wayy more excited and louder

Ifwe get the usual bullshit umpiring, the neutrals will jump o

Agreed. In the UK its common for the away allocation to drown out the home fans, given the distance travelled and cost exerted by Fremantle fans they are going to be very loud and incredibly passionate.

We'll have them for actual supporters in the stadium but they'll have us x10 for noise and atmosphere

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast OWN THE CROWD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back