PA Mind Games Again......YAWN!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mind games smind games....it's like port hitting there heads against a brick wall trying to play that game with the cats.Well done to the geelong addy for opening a can of worms UP !
The only thing i did'nt have a problem with was Chads little jig after he kicked a goal in the last qtr (or whenever it was)....thats just chad he's emotional and i don't think that was a cop out to the kanga's personally, the moon shows that emotion every week.
It's choco's demeaner and tredrea's actions that are cop out's and will bite them back on there chunky butts that will be most pleasing.

Hands Up!

Hands up who's sick of dodgy fans of each weeks Geelong opponent spruiking about how much there going to smash us?

Hands up who's sick of dodgy opposition players talking up there chances like they've got nothing to lose?

Hands up who's sick of pudgy opposition coaches with no humility in defeat or victory talking trash about chokers etc?

I'm not putting my hand up!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all the Port fans - Spruik it up, trash talk it up, pretend you have nothing to lose....

We've heard it all year, week after week

Bring on Saturday;)

Interesting I have been in Adelaide for work this week and there paper is just as laughable as the Geelong Addy. Why the **** can't someone write something intelligent? Graham Cornes wrote an article saying Geelong would be disappointed about the fact they did not get to pick up Boak?!?!? :confused: Joel Selwood anyone? Hello, McFly?

As for Tredrea's comment well that's all part of the positive spin and rhetoric that comes out of football clubs - in 2004 they were saying they top all year and weren't nervous. Now the positions have been switched and they're hammering the choker tag for everything its worth. Of course, this means nothing.

Re: Mark Williams

You do if your major sponsor is a bigmouthed tool who already dissed you publicly as senior coach.

No, someone of class would the actions speak for them. They just won the flag, FFS and couldn't go two minutes without rubbing it in somoene's face.

You probably don't take any notice usually, seeing as you are not involved.

Are you five? This will be our 5th GF in 20 years, so I'd say we've at least been 'involved'

Please get the **** off our board if you have nothing intelligent to add.

Geelong - Minor Premiership, Rising Star, Brownlow Medal, VFL Premiership, 9 All Australians.
Port Adelaide - Umm...

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Mark Williams. ;)

Sigh...CheshireCat, I just spent about 5 minutes typing out a post to explain the circumstances surrounding 2004 to you, but when I posted it, it vanished.

Suffice to say, you're off the mark, but I'm not typing it out again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You probably don't take any notice usually, seeing as you are not involved.

If WCE hadn't had one of the worst injury years on record, you wouldn't be in this GF.

By the way have you wondered why we were so keen to rest Selwood even with the other players out when we played you earlier in the year? Because we had nothing to lose (and everything to gain) even if you won. If we won we'd have beaten you with four of our best 22 out. If you won you were a strong chance to hold on to second place, putting the Eagles almost certainly out of the running. If we won, well we got a good feeling but that's about it - we already had first place.

We gave you every opportunity to sew up 2nd place and you STILL nearly threw it away. If it wasn't for that (and Lucas going psycho in Hirdy's last game) you'd have been playing the Eagles at Subi in the first final and have exited this competition weeks ago.

By the way what's with the pic of Jabba the Hutt as your avatar?

Mark Williams is the master of psychological games, especially before big ones. If he says what he says, you'd do better to have a good think about why he's saying it, and what the real effects will be, rather than leaping up automatically and calling him a bigmouthed tool.

I'll listen to him when his voice breaks

Total douche. Utter utter utter douche. And suprisingly loved by the second class of Adelaide. Who would have thought :rolleyes:

Glad you are the team that Geelong gets to smash this weekend.

Mark Williams (Choke-o) is the master of nothing, your team is a bunch of spoons.

Go Cats :D

Mark Williams is the master of psychological games, especially before big ones. If he says what he says, you'd do better to have a good think about why he's saying it, and what the real effects will be, rather than leaping up automatically and calling him a bigmouthed tool.

I'm sure if all it took to win a game of football was for the Coach to run his mouth off beforehand then Port would be lining up for their 25th straight win on Saturday.

North tried it before the qualifying final and we know the result of that one, the Pies tried it before the Preliminary, ditto result.

Personally I couldn't give two hoots, it's all just part of the great tapestry of Grand Final week, but if anybody believes it has any effect whatsoever then they're kidding themselves, if Port win on Saturday it will be because they play the best game they've played all year, not because some tosser is a "master of psychological games."

If the shoe was on the other foot and we were carrying on in this way I'd be somewhat embarrassed, not to mention a little worried, because as has been the case with a number of sides recently who have tried talking themselves up it smacks of the little boy whistling in the dark to convince himself that he's not really scared.

If WCE hadn't had one of the worst injury years on record, you wouldn't be in this GF.

Maybe...but a WCE with a fully fit Judd, Kerr, Hansen etc would be raging favourites to win against you, so you take the good with the bad. Who knows how the season would have panned out? You may not have even had as good a run as you did if WC was the dominant side in the comp this year (which they would have been without the injuries...see, I can make suppositions too)

Oh, and go through the WCE board and see how confident they were of the prospect of meeting us at Subiaco if we had to travel there before you start making wild claims how we'd have been out of the competition weeks ago.

History is written by the victorious...and in ten years time, no one will remember the Rising Star, Brownlow, All Australian selections...there will be no footnote saying 'won due to injuries/suspensions' it will just say 2007 Premiers - Port Adelaide (or, because I'm a guest on this board, Geelong ;))

Congratulations Mark Williams...

On your battle with anorexia. Good on you mate! At least you're gonna win something this year! :thumbsu:

ibeatanorexiatshirtdk4.jpg

Re: Congratulations Mark Williams...

First they ignore you - Then laugh at you and hate you - Then they fight you - then you win :D

Hey, just because our coach has gained a few pounds, doesn't mean he's a food obsessed maniac!

*cue Choco driving an ice cream truck eating an ice cream*

(...you'd only understand this if you were a die-hard Simpsons fan :))

Hey, just because our coach has gained a few pounds, doesn't mean he's a food obsessed maniac!

*cue Choco driving an ice cream truck eating an ice cream*

(...you'd only understand this if you were a die-hard Simpsons fan :))

Janus, that avatar! :thumbsu::eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

PA Mind Games Again......YAWN!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back