Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Shattered to lose to these flogs BUT as i said to my Hawthorn mate today Geelong won't get close to a premiership when you rely on 1 player so much. Just look at last year's prelim final when they played the cola.

Without Danger they are a bottom 8 team. So lucky he hasn't had a bad injury yet.

Also Danger is a ******* flog.
They are the biggest example of a 'one man team' since North 20 years ago.

Unfortunately North proved that a one man team can win flags.

But yeah, take him out of that side and they are 13th, not 3rd.

Man it must be nice to have the best player in the league just fall nicely into your lap....

Ray would never walk again after a confrontation with me.

I was wishing him Ill will at 3/4 time. Not good when the official of the game has you feeling like that. The AFL needs to sort that crap out. He did it last time we played Geelong and now he did it again. The little creep loves the limelight, it's time they retire him. A blight on the game.

I don't get how people say the result changes if Frawley and Stratts etc are back - sliding doors are exactly that - sliding doors. Everything changes, could of been a major flogging and maybe porky kicks a bag on chip. Not as though they were on fire to begin with.

The player we really miss is Birch but after today's loss I can see them not rushing to bring him back

Strats was the absolute perfect match up for Danger when he was forward.

Not in the pre-game planning obviously but if Strats plays, Dangers doesn't dominate the scoreboard like he did IMO.

Just finished watching the replay. Langford, Breust, Burton, Howe Mitchell and Hardwick the future to our next premiership. Langford love his run and attack, only criticism I have his his set shots, but does bust his arse in creating opportunities and starting to develop a man crush. Might be my Hawks bias, but still believe that Geelong gets kissed on the John Thomas frequently in every game they play most of which is underved. Overall loved the effort and loved the fight from them.

You're slow to the punch.. where we behind? At what stage was this in the game? What was the score? How long was left? I've forgotten
It was a gf.

It was very close at that stage.

It was the last quarter.

We won a flag.

Stop bitching about a player who has stood up for us many many times...

I was wishing him Ill will at 3/4 time. Not good when the official of the game has you feeling like that. The AFL needs to sort that crap out. He did it last time we played Geelong and now he did it again. The little creep loves the limelight, it's time they retire him. A blight on the game.
Him and McBurney helped keep the Kennett's Curse alive.

Great effort, pretty gutted. Second week we have been the better side and lost due to bad goal kicking.

I'm convinced Smith played on because he didn't want the pressure of an after the siren kick. Really disappointed.

Yes, I'm sure that in that split second that's what he thought.

As opposed to not thinking the kick was long enough and running of to be sure he got a shot on goal.

Don't be stupid ffs.

Seriously going to start slapping ****ers down for perpetuating this "Isaac Smith choked" bullshit.

Get your heads out of your arses. He didn't think the kick was long enough and sprinted off thinking a tackle was coming, knowing there was very little time remaining to get a shot off.

It's not that hard to work out.

Absolutely gutted.

Proud of the effort from a team missing 7 first choice players, don't forget Cegs.

All you want from the chumpiers is consistency, sadly for us we didn't get it and never seem to against this mob.

Everyone is talking about the free to Rough, but there are three others that mattered. Second quarter a free was paid to Dangerfiled against Heatherly for holding Danger's hand on a wide lead to the pocket (Ponsford end) Heatherly was not holding Dangerfield was trying to push off heatherly.
Third quarter Schoe is definitely held by the wrist as he tried to get to a mark also Ponsford end. No free paid.
First quarter tackle by Stewart no HTB

WE WAS ROBBED I TELL YA!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone is talking about the free to Rough, but there are three others that mattered. Second quarter a free was paid to Dangerfiled against Heatherly for holding Danger's hand on a wide lead to the pocket (Ponsford end) Heatherly was not holding Dangerfield was trying to push off heatherly.
Third quarter Schoe is definitely held by the wrist as he tried to get to a mark also Ponsford end. No free paid.
First quarter tackle by Stewart no HTB

WE WAS ROBBED I TELL YA!

Add Roughy having his nose splattered by a swinging fist in the first 25m out from goal.

It was a gf.

It was very close at that stage.

It was the last quarter.

We won a flag.

Stop bitching about a player who has stood up for us many many times...

I'm not bitching, read my original post before having a swing. I said "the loss is not on Smith, it's just a shame he struggles to ice those games". My post is in reference to the 2 cracks he's had at Geelong and missed, it has nothing to do with he GF when it was a completely different period of the game and completely different circumstances.

Facts are he had 2 chances to win the game and he didn't, now as I said the loss isn't on him at all, not even close but it is what it is. Very bloody precious some of you lot (and Izzie is one of my favourite guys).

... The holding the ball decision that wasn't paid to us in the second quarter. Our forward 50, Geelong player takes us on, taking two bounces as he goes. Gets tackled on the second bounce and loses control of the ball.. Play on.

**** off.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The high tackle on Ruff was a disgrace as well, pathetic some of the decisions.

Geelong have inflicted much pain to us. Like effectively ending our last season and this season. Time to draw a line in the sand!

Rubbish. Any team would have beaten us in the finals last year. And our season this year was over 2 months ago. We are now playing for pride and to give St Kilda as shit a draft pick as possible.

At that early on in the final quarter, the pressure isn't exactly there.

This was the final goal from us in the game.

Smith's goal won it. There were two points in that game when I was worried - Q1 when Fyfe looked like cutting loose, then couldn't hit the side of a barn, and just prior to the Smith goal, when Freo was getting a roll on and our guys looked like they couldn't shift back to top gear.

Then Smith unloads that freaking beast of a goal, well outside 50m, I knew we'd won.

He's not a choker. Sh&t happens. Love the Omith.

... The holding the ball decision that wasn't paid to us in the second quarter. Our forward 50, Geelong player takes us on, taking two bounces as he goes. Gets tackled on the second bounce and loses control of the ball.. Play on.

**** off.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Did we get a single free kick reward for a tackle today?

It was the set shots before Smith's go that hurt us. He had a crack under huge pressure and it didn't work for him, but it was far from a simple shot. Other players in our team had easier shots in the last quarter, and earlier in the game, and they should have taken to put more scoreboard pressure on the Cats.

This is the thing. Everyone jumps on the bloke under pressure- the issue is the shots we missed from right in front. Smith you can understand missing, Langford/Howe less so.

Strats was the absolute perfect match up for Danger when he was forward.

Not in the pre-game planning obviously but if Strats plays, Dangers doesn't dominate the scoreboard like he did IMO.

Exactly, he's the perfect shut down player....a lot of people on here want to throw him away for a pick in the 30's . Take a good look this is what life is like without Stratton to lockdown on a damaging forward.
The only player on our list that can be caught out of position and still kill the contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back