Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish. Any team would have beaten us in the finals last year. And our season this year was over 2 months ago. We are now playing for pride and to give St Kilda as shit a draft pick as possible.

Bulldust, had we beaten Geelong last year we had one hand on the flag. We go very well against the Swans. This year is only classified as a rebuild year after the first 5 week disaster. Sydney's turn around is proof there is always much to play for.

Bulldust, had we beaten Geelong last year we had one hand on the flag. We go very well against the Swans. This year is only classified as a rebuild year after the first 5 week disaster. Sydney's turn around is proof there is always much to play for.
Difference is Swines are getting players back and we aren't. But it's good exposure for the kids nonetheless.

As did one L Hodge.
Can't look at others when undisciplined free kicks were given away late in a tight game that cost dearly by our real leader.

Hodge just can't bend over anymore to tackle which results in these coathangers as his only alternative.

I think that's the reason why he's been kicking off the ground for the past 18 months. But fair call.

GG, another good game.

Roughy's inability to hit a target wit this handballs quietly killed you, as well as some real ordinary kicking. As well as not double teaming Danger.

Either way, should be a ripper game between us next year.
I'm still optimistic, and say grand final!!

Went to the game and was gutted for what could have been, but pretty happy overall.

The last month we've dominated (for the most part) the three so called premiership favorites, and are clearly on a positive upswing.

I always felt today that Geelong had more match winners around the ground and it pretty much proved to be the case in the end.

We are really going to miss Luke Hodge. Just for his leadership, I can see that is going to end up being a giant hole in the side next year.

We are also at least 2 elites away from cashing in at the top I think. Maybe one of them is JOM, but we certainly need to get busy during the trade period, we are too light on otherwise.

It would be great if TOB or Sicily could have a jack lever-esque break out year into the potential elite zone, but either way they'll be good solid players.

Good times ahead though.

Dude, cmon it was a accident and it was much further then 25m from goal. At most its a free, but that would be pretty stiff.

Let's not talk about accidents - Hodge is getting labelled a sniper for an accidental kick to Guthrie and that's even been given the all clear via commentary which replayed it a few times just to make sure and he rightly received a free and yet ruff didn't receive the same treatment from a fist to the face.

Anyone see Burgoyne go beserk at Duryea in the 3rd when he took that snap instead of passing it, then followed it up with another huge spray 3 mins later when Cats got a goal? Rough had to interfere in the end...

Burgers gave Breust a right royal spray when Breust went for goal instead of passing off from the boundary line in the pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgers gave Breust a right royal spray when Breust went for goal instead of passing off from the boundary line in the pocket.

Good on him. We need to keep the standards high internally and it's the old guard who should be responsible for that.

I posted on FB in response to the ridiculous carry on that is was so brave how he overcome his life threatening knock to the leg.

OTC nailed it a few posts up.....due to our baby faced backline giving him a mile, we'll now have to listen to the plaudits of his great resurrection all week and for **** knows how much longer.
Roughead got punched hard enough in the face to put him down in the first quarter by a Geelong flog during a marking contest, no free kick or anything of course, but he still played out the game.

comiserations guys....that non free to ruff was hilariously bad...especially seeing the ump was 20 m in perfect position

Especially when Selwood had just got one for over shoulder after doing his regular "Now I'm going to look like I'm sitting on this invisible toilet" mime he does just before the tackler reaches him.

Dangerfield is a very hard man to stop. Players like Dangerfield are why they need a sin-bin in the Grand Final. Take Dangerfield out, and you are playing a 6-12 side. Take the full Dangerwood out and you are playing a bottom 4 side. A sin-bin would provide more protection for the "my team is complete shit without me" players. Looks like we tried to physically target Dangerfield today (nothing worse than a free kick from what I saw), and it backfired in the end, although he may well have won the game in the midfield if he wasn't forced to go deep forward.

what about Rioli, Birchall, Frawley, Stratton, JOM, Gibson?

Odds are that none of them will play for Hawthorn this season.

Look, that one was high. He didn't duck, he raised his arm to make sure his head got taken off. It's a free, and he's a jammy little rat the way he makes it happen.

The real shame is that Hodgey didn't take the chance to properly decapitate him in the fashion that everybody outside of Geelong has been praying to happen for years now.

Yep. For once, Selwood didn't do his embarrassing duck.

No kids, playing AFL, should ever follow the cheating, head damaging ways of Joel Selwood. If he took the duck out of the arsenal he'd be all class.

So glad I got to see this game live - the result was a touch disappointing - but it looks good out the windscreen for what's to come over next couple of years. We are so raw with some of these blokes and they are matching it with top teams. As for the umps - been like that forever - it's pretty much part of the Hawks/cats rivalry.

Agreed! Money well spent. Awesome spectacle. Result would have been preferable with Isaac's kick about 3 metres to the left.

Love football at it's best!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back