Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

We were the better team today and that's why it's disappointing to have lost the game. We only have ourselves to blame, in the end it came down to a lot of wasted chances where we should have goaled and either missed an easy kick or messed it up by trying to do too much.

Mitchell was immense in the first half, he was everywhere and had something like 27 touches to half time. Had a lot of extra attention in the second half and was constantly being blocked off the ball in the second half. Didn't complain, just kept on working and willing himself to the ball. Easily our best player this year.

O'Brien and Stewart were a little disappointing, both really just struggled to impact the game which was disappointing as both know how to find the goals.

I was at the game, he was jogging freely most of the time, is he the only AFL player in history to play out a game with a niggle FFS.

I've never seen such theatrics in my time watching footy (that being on the field, putting aside the antics of the handbagger's cheerleading coach). It was all about Paddy today, he'd get the losers limp up when we had the ball, opting not to chase. Then remarkably when the ball was in his area, he went on searching leads and jumped on people's heads. Paddy will be pleased, he'll end up with a few Brownlow votes, that's the main thing. The win would be a bonus.

The underlying point of that tweet is how much 2008 still stings those campaigners.

2008 ought to remain significant to them, I guess… at least it helped them to forget 1989
Just quietly, I hope Geelong fans, players and officials remember 2008 for a very long time indeed.

You ******* serious? It was one of the great grand final goals, kicked under extreme pressure in the last quarter. Freo were storming home, and that goal totally swung the game back in our balance.

Huge goal, was brilliant. Loved being there. Completely different scenario to today though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose when u let 1 player have 11 scoring shots and individually beat 18 opposition players on his own then that's what happens.
So dissapointing for Hodgey. But we had a crack and the future looks bright.
Note.. get Issac Smith away from goals in the dying seconds!!

Just 3 months ago we completely gave up against this mob and lost by 86 points and were a dispirited rabble.

Pretty good turnaround despite not getting the chocolates today.
And a game that contained a number of those players that many are saying would have made the difference today. I for one hope that a stint on the sidelines will not only get their body right, but their attitude as well

Will Langford is almost trolling us at this point. He has shown the ability to take strong contested marks, his tackling and ferocious attack on the ball is outstanding and he shows more heart than anyone.

His kicking, however, is such a deficiency he really shouldn't be allowed near an AFL field. I cringed when he took that great mark 25m from goal in the last quarter, as you knew he'd be lucky to score.

He's just so frustrating, yet you can't fault his effort and I feel like he needs to be in the team.
The thing that annoys me most is that his kicking action and ball drop is sound. It's all above the shoulders for him

Will Langford is almost trolling us at this point. He has shown the ability to take strong contested marks, his tackling and ferocious attack on the ball is outstanding and he shows more heart than anyone.

His kicking, however, is such a deficiency he really shouldn't be allowed near an AFL field. I cringed when he took that great mark 25m from goal in the last quarter, as you knew he'd be lucky to score.

He's just so frustrating, yet you can't fault his effort and I feel like he needs to be in the team.
It's just so frustrating as the way he plays his role gives him a couple every game.

That's what's so great about Poppy he just looks so mentally strong when he has a set shot, more the game is in the balance more he seems to step up.

Tom Mitchell with 19 disposals in the first quarter is the most in a quarter by any Hawthorn player in history.

What an extraordinary season he's having, doing it all without much support around him shouldering the load mainly by himself. A top five finish in the Brownlow medal voting isn't out of reach.

I suppose when u let 1 player have 11 scoring shots and individually beat 18 opposition players on his own then that's what happens.
So dissapointing for Hodgey. But we had a crack and the future looks bright.
Note.. get Issac Smith away from goals in the dying seconds!!
Or just don't kick it anywhere near him

1507_GEELvHAW_5TP[1].jpg

looks like a push in the back

Do we EVER get any free kicks paid for a good tackle?

It's been the bane of Puopolo's life this year.
I actually think the Cats were the better team. Better in respect of making the most of the forward entries (they didn't panic) and their ability to mark the footy in a contest. They were just more composed.

As for the umpiring, yes there were some dodgy ones, but I'd like to know that now that Chris Judd has retired, had the "360 rule" been scrapped ? Their players got the hands away on most occasions, but they were frequently allowed a full 360 and more to do so

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back