Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Dude, cmon it was a accident and it was much further then 25m from goal. At most its a free, but that would be pretty stiff.
High contact is high contact, it isn't supposed to be "in the opinion of the the umpire he meant it." what kind of geelong supporter (I use this term because swearing is filtered) are you? A stupid moron swining his arm about like an epileptic orangutan on fire is bound to hit something and deserves to be penalised for it. It would have been a free down the other end, going on today's form.

Yep. For once, Selwood didn't do his embarrassing duck.

No kids, playing AFL, should ever follow the cheating, head damaging ways of Joel Selwood. If he took the duck out of the arsenal he'd still be a piece of sh*t..

Sorry, had to fix your post!

1507_GEELvHAW_5TP[1].jpg

looks like a push in the back

Is that against the rules any more? You wouldn't know any more.

Kicked ourselves out of the game. It's easy to pick on Smith for missing that shot, but heaps of our players missed gettable shots. Howe, Langford, Breust to name a few. Henderson's couple of blunders that cost us early. Hodge high tackle on Selwood late in the game. Shit happens. Would have been nice to keep the season alive but realistically we were never going to compete for the flag this year.

Given we have so many young players made me feel better about today. We have challenged the best teams in the last month, that in itself is huge given our shocking start to the year. We have showed we can compete with the best. By adding a few pieces to our list I believe we will shoot up the ladder much faster than most teams, much to the disgust of others looking forward to our downfall.

I really liked what Hartung brought today, slowly developing into the wing we desperately need. Over the last month, is making less mistakes and taking the game on with his speed. Sicily is growing before our eyes, great composure and has real mongrel about him. Mitchell in, Mitchell out has been justified, easily recruit of the year. Will make All Australian, taking the edge off our trade period (for me anyway). By bringing in Tom, it has actually taken pressure off Jaeger, even Ty. Pressure off the club also. He played brilliantly today, hats off to you Tom. There is no way Clarko will let him shoulder the load for too long, expect some changes to our list to give him a chop out.

I loved watching Rough leading by example today, wrecking ball. Maybe not his best game in terms of stats, but his best as a captain. Too many passengers today, no need to name names. Was frustrating cause we could have blown the game open but lacked the experience we once had. End of the day, we lost to one of the top teams in the comp by a kick. Bottom line. Great effort. I personally feel much better, as opposed to when we were getting belted by 10 goals. There is hope, that's all I need.

A great game. Hard run off the ball all day and only for an unfortunate period in the third did players play as individuals. A shame to lose (and miss a few gettable shots that could make the difference) but that was a good effort. Heads held high.

And Hodge with the late goal to give us a chance. Man, I'm going to miss him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicked ourselves out of the game. It's easy to pick on Smith for missing that shot, but heaps of our players missed gettable shots. Howe, Langford, Breust to name a few. Henderson's couple of blunders that cost us early. Hodge high tackle on Selwood late in the game. Shit happens. Would have been nice to keep the season alive but realistically we were never going to compete for the flag this year.

Given we have so many young players made me feel better about today. We have challenged the best teams in the last month, that in itself is huge given our shocking start to the year. We have showed we can compete with the best. By adding a few pieces to our list I believe we will shoot up the ladder much faster than most teams, much to the disgust of others looking forward to our downfall.

I really liked what Hartung brought today, slowly developing into the wing we desperately need. Over the last month, is making less mistakes and taking the game on with his speed. Sicily is growing before our eyes, great composure and has real mongrel about him. Mitchell in, Mitchell out has been justified, easily recruit of the year. Will make All Australian, taking the edge off our trade period (for me anyway). By bringing in Tom, it has actually taken pressure off Jaeger, even Ty. Pressure off the club also. He played brilliantly today, hats off to you Tom. There is no way Clarko will let him shoulder the load for too long, expect some changes to our list to give him a chop out.

I loved watching Rough leading by example today, wrecking ball. Maybe not his best game in terms of stats, but his best as a captain. Too many passengers today, no need to name names. Was frustrating cause we could have blown the game open but lacked the experience we once had. End of the day, we lost to one of the top teams in the comp by a kick. Bottom line. Great effort. I personally feel much better, as opposed to when we were getting belted by 10 goals. There is hope, that's all I need.

Plenty of those assented presented options which weren't taken

These guys beat us by 83 points last time, 3 points this time.

Awesome to see so much inmprovement within a season. So much to look forward to.
Agreed. People need to look past the disappointment to see the big picture.

I was pretty harsh on the team and especially some of the senior players earlier in the year (which I still think was fully warranted) but have absolutely nothing to complain about so long as the effort levels are there, and the gameplan is not hindering their chances. What does it really matter if we make the finals or not in a development year in which we are clearly not a legitimate Premiership chance? This season is all about building for the future which I now feel far more optimistic about than a few months ago.

One other nugget of satisfaction for me comes from Geelong - the way they rely on Dangerwood & Porkins, and Danger especially is really unlike anything we've seen from a top team since Carey. I haven't seen a side carried so hard by a single player in years, and when you consider all three of those guys are now in the latter years of their prime and will be incapable of sustaining these levels for much longer, not to mention the imminent retirements of Lonergan & Taylor who are still vital in allowing them to take brazen risks through the corridor, they are going to drop like a rock in a couple of years. :cool:

Plenty of those assented presented options which weren't taken
Wtf is assented? Mate I'm from Colac I don't do adjectives.
Man I'm still flat after today's game, the footy gods really have in for Smithy it seems :(
You mean Smith, one of the few players in history to have a threepeat? The same Smith who is one of the best wingmen in the game who makes a living out of kicking a ball? Na mate the gods have been good to him, that's why he's always smiling.

Agreed. People need to look past the disappointment to see the big picture.

I was pretty harsh on the team and especially some of the senior players earlier in the year (which I still think was fully warranted) but have absolutely nothing to complain about so long as the effort levels are there, and the gameplan is not hindering their chances. What does it really matter if we make the finals or not in a development year in which we are clearly not a legitimate Premiership chance? This season is all about building for the future which I now feel far more optimistic about than a few months ago.

One other nugget of satisfaction for me comes from Geelong - the way they rely on Dangerwood & Porkins, and Danger especially is really unlike anything we've seen from a top team since Carey. I haven't seen a side carried so hard by a single player in years, and when you consider all three of those guys are now in the latter years of their prime and will be incapable of sustaining these levels for much longer, not to mention the imminent retirements of Lonergan & Taylor who are still vital in allowing them to take brazen risks through the corridor, they are going to drop like a rock in a couple of years. :cool:
Dude change your avatar, nobody here wants to see a Hawks player get elbowed. Lift your game. If Hodge was doing it I would let it slide.

Dude change your avatar, nobody here wants to see a Hawks player get elbowed. Lift your game. If Hodge was doing it I would let it slide.
Not for a fortnight, I lost a bet with a Handbagger nutjob

Wtf is assented? Mate I'm from Colac I don't do adjectives.

You mean Smith, one of the few players in history to have a threepeat? The same Smith who is one of the best wingmen in the game who makes a living out of kicking a ball? Na mate the gods have been good to him, that's why he's always smiling.

That's passengers in iphonespeak

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Paddy and Ray v Hawks in Hodges 300th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back