PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

More and more members need to wake up and press this ideology to the club. We pay our hard earn money and want greater say in the club. At the moment we are all just consumers with a board that has no accountability to its customers.

They say on field success is the highest priority in their power point presentations, but culturally it is not. Charlie Dixon was present at the CEO dinner on Wednesday night, and he still spoke to us like he has spoke to the media in the past. No heart, no burning desire just wishy, washy clubland talk that offers zero confidence going forward.

They get enough new members it won’t matter.

Kids of the day are trained to go with the flow and consume what they’re told, so weather the storm that’s all.

Surely some of our directors have been there that long, their ass indent is a permanent indentation of time on the seats.

They get enough new members it won’t matter.

Kids of the day are trained to go with the flow and consume what they’re told, so weather the storm that’s all.

Surely some of our directors have been there that long, their ass indent is a permanent indentation of time on the seats.

That's why democracy is also failing because fewer people are actively engaged with politics. However, minorities do win fights if they make enough noise, so I expect a larger BF presence at the next CEO dinner please.

More and more members need to wake up and press this ideology to the club. We pay our hard earn money and want greater say in the club. At the moment we are all just consumers with a board that has no accountability to its customers.

They say on field success is the highest priority in their power point presentations, but culturally it is not. Charlie Dixon was present at the CEO dinner on Wednesday night, and he still spoke to us like he has spoke to the media in the past. No heart, no burning desire just wishy, washy clubland talk that offers zero confidence going forward.
I wonder how many times the blog gets sent to the club and if anyone monitors it.

Share it on social media if you like it..
On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe, but what's membership revenue? How is overall revenue from supporters tracking?

They hand out "memberships" for literally nothing these days.
Exactly, membership numbers not that relevant these days with all the BS around them, membership revenue adjusted for inflation is, & I haven't seen any data tracking that

There is no way members could elect a board that is worse than what we have now lmao. We could elect Ivan Milat and Ted Bundy and we would probably feel better about where the club is going. The current board is the dregs of corporate Australia.

Richo is selected by the board and chairman, he would say absolutely anything to stay on their good side because he is a spineless campaigner.

Appointed board members Koch, Restas, Cardone and Osborn have been in place for over a decade despite the total lack of success.

That says all you need to say about a board being in charge of appointing themselves. They don't have the willingness to move themselves on, and they just answer to absolutely nobody. They have no shareholders, no governing body that cares unless we're insolvent.

How the hell does this Turkey still have a ****ing job?
I assume because the clubs KPIs dont include winning anything like, oh, say Premierships anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's why democracy is also failing because fewer people are actively engaged with politics. However, minorities do win fights if they make enough noise, so I expect a larger BF presence at the next CEO dinner please.
Disagree with this. I think way more people engage than they ever have before in politics, but social media and the digital age has bred a level of absolute extremism in opinion that is just so different to anything we've seen before. Tolerance for others opinions is being eroded because disagreements online without face to face, escalate to new levels and make people back in their thoughts even more. The worst part is though that people on either side of any argument have media algorithms targeting articles and other internet info that just feeds their line, and so they only read and confirm their opinions. It also means the large chunk of society that might sit in the middle are completely drowned out by the extremist views rammed into everyone's faces.

Disagree with this. I think way more people engage than they ever have before in politics, but social media and the digital age has bred a level of absolute extremism in opinion that is just so different to anything we've seen before. Tolerance for others opinions is being eroded because disagreements online without face to face, escalate to new levels and make people back in their thoughts even more. The worst part is though that people on either side of any argument have media algorithms targeting articles and other internet info that just feeds their line, and so they only read and confirm their opinions. It also means the large chunk of society that might sit in the middle are completely drowned out by the extremist views rammed into everyone's faces.

This is part of why preferential voting is so important, and i'd argue vital to a well functioning democracy. It pulls the extreme ends of politics in.

This is part of why preferential voting is so important, and i'd argue vital to a well functioning democracy. It pulls the extreme ends of politics in.

I would suggest it is rather compulsory voting as opposed to preferential voting which pulls the extremes in.

The extremes are so because they're minorities - strictly generalising but say 10% on either side of the spectrum - leaving you with 80% of the cohort where the vote is won or lost. In this 80% though there is also a reasonable amount of people who are somewhat apathetic about politics in general. If they don't have to vote, the proportion of extremists increases.

I think the political landscape in Australia is getting murkier by the day though given the rise of minor parties with a party able to put together a majority government on just 32.58% primary vote.

Back to Richo - just bumping this so this thread stays on the front page of this forum so he's at least getting the heat he deserves from somewhere.

This is what we're dealing here with Richardson. Have a listen to Caroline Wilson below from the 18m 45sec mark... " Matthew Richardson has serious sympathy for the Crows"

What dafuq seriously

Simp (/sɪmp/ ) is an internet slang term describing someone who shows excessive sympathy and attention toward another person, typically to someone who does not reciprocate the same feelings, in pursuit of affection or a sexual relationship.[1][2] This behavior, known as simping,[3] is carried out toward a variety of targets, including celebrities,[1] politicians,[4][5] e-girls, and e-boys.[6] The term had sporadic usage until gaining traction on social media in 2019.[7]

I would suggest it is rather compulsory voting as opposed to preferential voting which pulls the extremes in.

The extremes are so because they're minorities - strictly generalising but say 10% on either side of the spectrum - leaving you with 80% of the cohort where the vote is won or lost. In this 80% though there is also a reasonable amount of people who are somewhat apathetic about politics in general. If they don't have to vote, the proportion of extremists increases.

I think the political landscape in Australia is getting murkier by the day though given the rise of minor parties with a party able to put together a majority government on just 32.58% primary vote.

Back to Richo - just bumping this so this thread stays on the front page of this forum so he's at least getting the heat he deserves from somewhere.

Agree with all of what you've written, we have a great system here. I think there's a solid chance we end up with minority governments for a while until the major parties sort themselves out and move into the 21st century. The rise of the minor parties ultimately comes because Labor has stepped away from being the worker's party and the Liberal and Nationals are increasingly at odds with each other. It'll settle down in a while but we might have some fun European style unique coalitions in the mean time.

I’m sure the standard rebuttle to our woes would be, look at our financial position and rejuvenation of Alberton. We are creating a base for us to build from with financial security. Yes you can complain our short term
Onfield success is a disappointment but, now we are safe for generations.

BUT LOOK AT THE STEM CLASSROOM

Should be catapulted into the sun even if it was only for ticking off naming the pub redevelopment 'the precinct'

Remove this Banner Ad

PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back