PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

I begrudgingly tend to agree. Whilst I do believe women's footy has its place, I bet you London to a brick that all Crows fans would trade their 3 AFLW flags for 1 AFL flag in an instant.

And yet one solitary AFLW flag would actually be the pinnacle of Port Adelaide achievement for the past two decades.

I might be missing something here, but how do you get 100k memberships when you can only sell around 40k member seats to a home game? I know we have digital/international/pet and various other non-access memberships, but selling 60k of those seems a stretch.
Because the numbers are fudged?

Did laugh at the question for the competition "In 25 words or less, tell us what you would do if you were the CEO of the Club for one day?"

I do wonder how many Sack Hinkley responses they'll get to that question given it's legitimately what half the supporter base would do if they were CEO for an hour much less a day
My response was:

Develop a culture of winning.
50% Board to be member elected.
PB's to be worn twice every year at games we choose (not Crows).

That respone will doubtless be shredded!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richo is definitely someone who will come out to take the credit but hide when there needs to be accountability
Lol he has barely said a thing for like two years. The only shit he ever says is keninly best coach blah blah blah then ****s off back to his bullshit castle to hibernate till the the next Woohoo seminar.

Can we please have some leadership at the admin level that is willing to do a cleanout of underperforming coaches and NOT replace them with another underperforming guy that's working in the role below them?

The infuriating thing about this mantra and enduring belief is, they’ve put the cart before the horse.

Stability doesn’t lead to success.

Success leads to stability (which can become a negative in its own right as the years drag on with a coach who has a level of immunity/complacency a premiership medallion brings).

Which either makes them look clueless as to how the sport works (Koch only has to open his mouth), and/or disingenuous with ulterior motives (protecting the status quo so as to achieve the true goal of retiring the debt).

We don’t barrack for a spreadsheet.
Every AGM I've been to in the last 7 years I've come away with the belief that the club does not have the ambition to win a premiership. As you state it's all about the spreadsheet & I'll also add keeping their jobs. They do NOT live by the Creed which is as relevant today as it was when Fos wrote it. I've never felt more disillusioned about my club & I don't enjoy watching the team anymore. I'm on the edge of walking away. We are not Port Adelaide. 😪

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even that answer reeks of disrespect.

I’ve previously voted for *John [not Colin 😂] Firth and another fella from an impressive business background whose name I can’t remember.

And wasn’t Kathy Nagle member-elected?

But nah, we’re all mouthbreathing morons who’d elect Nathan Lonie over Kim Williams if they were on the ballot, aren’t we Richo?

What a dud.
Agree. John Firth was very impressive but its all fluff these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back