Game Day PAFC v CFC @ the MCG @ 1:10pm - [Kayo 1pm, Radio 1pm, Channel 7 3:30pm] SA times shown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finlayson is such a weird one. He's showing the best 'forward craft' we've seen from a Port tall forward in a long time, constantly gets himself to the right spots. He's just completely forgotten how to mark and kick. If he was playing with confidence today he'd have kicked a bag by now.

Jeez give Hayes more of chance before saying he needs to improve.
I think you miss my point.

I've got all the time in the world for Hayes. I've spent the last 20 odd Port games demanding he plays. Love what he's done so far.

He has clear deficiencies, which you would expect from a first game ruckman. To go from where he is, to being first a ruckman that can hold his own, then a dominant ruckman, there are clear areas he needs to improve in. There's nothing wrong with saying that and no reason to shy away from it.

Finlayson is such a weird one. He's showing the best 'forward craft' we've seen from a Port tall forward in a long time, constantly gets himself to the right spots. He's just completely forgotten how to mark and kick. If he was playing with confidence today he'd have kicked a bag.
When wearing an AFL geurnsey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you miss my point.

I've got all the time in the world for Hayes. I've spent the last 20 odd Port games demanding he plays. Love what he's done so far.

He has clear deficiencies, which you would expect from a first game ruckman. To go from where he is, to being first a ruckman that can hold his own, then a dominant ruckman, there are clear areas he needs to improve in. There's nothing wrong with saying that and no reason to shy away from it.
Fair enough. Just thought you were slamming him along with Aliir.

If you guys don't drop him, he will get better. Good run today though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back