Test Pakistan v England (3 Test Matches)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes.

I touched on this in another thread with someone, but largely they're all "eye" players. And what's more they're stand and deliver eye players. Not a shred of technique amongst them bar Root. It's the bazookas they all use for bats now that save most of them, and this is true across most test playing nations. There's precious little in the way of technique over eye now.

When you can clunk something off the toe/edge for six who needs technique?

This is the first time I've really seen/paid attention to Smith and he certainly looks to have a technique.

Pope has no footwork - credit to him for that sweeping exhibition in the first test in India but he refuses to get to the pitch of the ball. I’ve seen Brook do it on the front foot but he only seems to want to do it when the pitch isn’t turning a lot. I’ll reserve judgement on him yet because it’s only been the two tests - he missed the India series. His play off the back foot to those straight ones has been terrible

Stokes is just abysmal at the moment. He looks a complete mess.

They also seem to forget that you can use your feet to hit singles. By all means, aim to use your feet to attack. But if you don’t get the ball you want, nudge one away for one

The Moral Victors.

Stokes really need to retire. Guy can’t bowl, and can’t bat v anyone else but Australia.
What have they won since Spudball actually started.

Anything 1 series win on the road against Pakistan 2 years the rest have been draws or losses.

Ganging up on West Indies and Sri Lanka at home.

Sri Lanka still beat them in a test a month or so ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Pakistan v England (3 Test Matches)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back