Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

After weeks of preparation, I wake up and think it's 7am and I have missed all the swimming.

WHEW - it's only 1am.

In a French bonus the slalom commentator twice says a performance has an 'Asterix' (not asterisk) over it...
Now just to figure out where the obelix fits in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep call it off we are done.

View attachment 2061091
images

I was surprised to see France beating Fiji in the Rugby 7s final and they beat them comfortably too.

That's the first time Fiji hasn't won a gold medal in the Rugby 7s and I think that's also the first time they have lost a match.

South Africa did well to snatch the bronze beating NZ and then Australia after getting off to poor start with a couple of losses.

Proof that the standard TV coverage is balls, even if its just the mid day catch up, 9 are playing Rugby 7's on both channels.

If you're not using the app then you're in for the usual clownshow.
The app interface is horrible/not user friendly. 7’s one for the last games was miles better.

Additionally the official app is an interface designed in 2005. Much harder to check and follow results than it should be.

Just watched the Rugby Final replay on Stan as I had to get some sleep after Oz lost the bronze medal game, before the swimming final. The female kiwi commentator is more annoying than the 9's commentator.

France weren't expected to make the SFs. But every time I have watched they have been great especially Antoine Dupont. He has scored at least one try every game I saw him play.

Didn't worry the French that Fiji went up 7-0. The audaciousness of general French Rugby mentality was shown when they had a penalty and then the final siren blew and they had won, Dupont said bugger it we can score another try, we are only 10-15m out. And he did.

The French were probably the only team with the attacking flair to beat the Fijians. It was their first loss in 3 Games.

This victory reminded me of SAF in 1995 Rugby WC, at home not expected to make the final, and with the inspiration of the home crowd and Nelson Mandela, a full stadium belting out the national anthem, they somehow won it.

Rugby Sevens has truly arrived at the Olympics. Whilst the quality was good in Rio and Tokyo, the fact Brasil isn't a rugby country, Japan is, but no crowds were allowed, a full Stade de France every day and especially watching the home team has been a brilliant atmosphere.

If and I know it is a big If, Brisbane actually build a 70,000 seater it will be great there. My fear is they will use Lang Park for the swimming and they probably will go to a 40k slightly upgraded Gabba.

In LA they will play at the LA Galaxy MLS stadium which holds 30,000. The place will be full, there are plenty of rugby nuts in USA and plenty will travel from around the globe to watch, but pity they won't play at a 70,000 seater. They have them free at the time, but they are gridiron stadiums and the field of play is only 49m wide compared to preferred 68m for Rugby and usually the fence is pretty close to the field.

Last edited:
The little master. English translation

A golden family
Thanks to the team for welcoming the rookie, thanks to ALL for the incredible support! Go France team

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer Paris 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back