Pat Vezpremi - Where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Veszpremi to the Gold Coast!

While reading this article I could not help but think of Veszpremi. If he is struggling with his fitness with the current system of unlimited interchanges, his situation will worsen given the proposed limited number of interchanges.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/...to-player-rotation-policy-20100826-13u9z.html

Sydney's recruiting manager, Kinnear Beatson, said a cap on interchanges - the AFL is considering three options, including a limit of 80 interchanges a game - would change recruitment.

''Quite clearly, any cap on interchange rotations would have ramifications on our recruiting philosophy,'' he said. ''So therefore the sooner we know exactly what the AFL's intentions are regarding this matter, the better.

''Players with higher aerobic capacities will be looked upon favourably, as will players who can play multiple roles. Unfortunately, there are many players in this year's draft who we are likely to have insufficient data on to make accurate assessments regarding their aerobic capacities, which complicates the matter even further.''

Patrick Veszpremi

As 18 year olds he was rated in the same bracket as Rioli and Dangerfield.
Dangerfield has shown glimpses of he's quality whilst Rioli is already a star. Why has Veszpremi(pardon the spelling) not kicked on like these two. Being in Melbourne obviously their is no coverage of your reserve games so i wouldn't have a clue what he's form has been like in that compition. So it the problem injuries or attitude ? Because in the 18's compition he was at the very least on par with these 2.

Re: Patrick Veszpremi

As 18 year olds he was rated in the same bracket as Rioli and Dangerfield.
Dangerfield has shown glimpses of he's quality whilst Rioli is already a star. Why has Veszpremi(pardon the spelling) not kicked on like these two. Being in Melbourne obviously their is no coverage of your reserve games so i wouldn't have a clue what he's form has been like in that compition. So it the problem injuries or attitude ? Because in the 18's compition he was at the very least on par with these 2.

A little from column A, a little from column B.

Maybe all the hype about Vesz in the book "The Draft" wasn't good for him.The other two I recall in the book,Cotchin and McEvoy have enjoyed real breakout seasons this year.He definately has a good footy brain but you need alot more than that these days.I truly hope he makes it.

Hopefully we trade him and get a good pick in the draft. West Coast are looking for forwards, Vez and Moore for pick 4! Throw in Barlow as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our future is very bright with or without him here. He hasn't been able to fight his way into our 22 with 8 or so top line players out.

If he wants to stay around and fight for a spot in our best 22 that would be great. If he wants to leave and we can get a good deal I'm open to dealing him.

Obviously been a bit of talk on the tigers board, looking at a goal kicking half-forwards. Knights and Ves the obvious two. These comments about attitude are a tad concerning though, we certainly dont need a player with a poor attitude on the list...

Not sure whether the tigers have anything that would interest Sydney anyway, maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder + Dean Polo, coming into his prime, 5 years in the system, and not a bad run with type, but behind Daniel Jackson at tigerland, could be used as a bit of cover for Kirk/Jack now that he is a ball magnet.

Good luck for the finals, put a sneaky $10 on Geel/Syd GF quinella... confident!

Obviously been a bit of talk on the tigers board, looking at a goal kicking half-forwards. Knights and Ves the obvious two. These comments about attitude are a tad concerning though, we certainly dont need a player with a poor attitude on the list...

Not sure whether the tigers have anything that would interest Sydney anyway, maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder + Dean Polo, coming into his prime, 5 years in the system, and not a bad run with type, but behind Daniel Jackson at tigerland, could be used as a bit of cover for Kirk/Jack now that he is a ball magnet.

Good luck for the finals, put a sneaky $10 on Geel/Syd GF quinella... confident!

We'd take Foley off you for him!:)....... How is he going? Shame he missed most of the year and last, any chance you'll be offering him up in trade week? Still remember his awesome 07 season!

Daniel Connors? David Gourdis?

Polo is finished and will be delisted anyway IMO. I couldn't see any value in him at Sydney.

I think Vez has shown enough talent to suggest he was worthy of being drafted in the 1st round however he also appears to have some attitude problems. With these factors in mind and 2 years of development we've put into him I'd value him as a late 1st rounder - early 2nd rounder. somewhere between pick 14 and 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pat Vezpremi - Where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back