Certified Legendary Thread Patrick Cripps and Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

What an example this sends to every kid playing the sport and moreso to the cautious mothers who are contemplating on not letting her child play the game .
thinkofthechildren.jpg

Nice selective timespan
Collingwood have been Carltons bitches in grand finals for the best part of 100 years.
Actually you are wrong it is over 100 years the last time they beat Carlton in a GF was 1910.

In 2022 hey? Want to revisit round 1 2022 then?
Whatever it is, the AFL have confused us all again. Carlton have no chance of winning either one of their final two games without Cripps, they must win one to make the 8. They now at least have a chance and the Brownlow has just become more interesting.

Last edited:
lets see if you think the same if someone 'attempts to contest the ball' this week against cripps
Cripps is one of the cleanest and fairest players in the competition - unlike your bunch of trained thugs- 'playing on the edge' or some BS term Hardwick has paraded around for years...and unlike your snipers he goes in hard and fair

This is ******* wild. Based on this result that has come out, every team should be appealing to the highest degree. To me this, Cripps incident could be graded the same as the below

Cripps never put his arms up to contest the ball and turned his body for contact when he saw that he wasn't going to make it. Ah Chee gets flattened and a concussion. No idea how this one got off based on the other incidents this year.

You think Cameron was going for the ball with his elbow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Kelly gets a week for a tackle that ‘had the potential’ to cause injury.

Cripps chose to bump, and actually did cause injury. Zero weeks.

How does this work?

So the conclusion is that you are still allowed one millisecond to make the decision to leap for the ball in a contest?

Or are you expected to get a notepad out onfield, take measurements, check the weight & height of all players around, their potential speed to get to the ball and then deliberate on whether to contest?

I see this as similar to the Rioli incident, the only difference is that the Brisbane player Ah Chee was smaller than Rowell.

Cripps, some will argue, should have been aware in one millisecond of his size.

If Cripps tucked his arm in and clearly “chose to bump” with the pointy part of his shoulder then the decision would have justified an infraction.
I would agree that Cripps should of got off if he just (I have no other way to describe it sorry) smothered Ah Chee. Like landed on him with his arms out like a star. Watching the slow-mo you never see Cripps out stretch his hands to grab the ball. He kept them in tight then started to turn for contact as Ah Chee grabbed the ball.

Tim Kelly gets a week for a tackle that ‘had the potential’ to cause injury.

Cripps chose to bump, and actually did cause injury. Zero weeks.

How does this work?
Clearly WC don't give a S*it - their season is done.

He may have been going for the ball but players have a duty of care to not hit someone in the head whilst not touching the ball. Players have been suspended in the past for not tackling softly as they are bigger than the opponent
So what do you want a player to do in that position? Don't go for the ball cause it's an aerial contest and they need to jump to get the ball so they may accidently hit someone. It's a ridiculous ask of players to think of all that in the seconds they have to react.

Wonder if the AFL is happy with how this looks for them

Absolutely ****in' not, even if this was the result they preferred (Cripps free to play) these shenanigans have made their whole system look a flimsy house of cards. Take one decent look at their guidelines and you can see the contradictions and vagueness sets them up for this time and again.

I would agree that Cripps should of got off if he just (I have no other way to describe it sorry) smothered Ah Chee. Like landed on him with his arms out like a star. Watching the slow-mo you never see Cripps out stretch his hands to grab the ball. He kept them in tight then started to turn for contact as Ah Chee grabbed the ball.
Didn't need to out stretch his arms. The ball was about to land in his hands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back