Certified Legendary Thread Patrick Cripps and Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh. Poor decisions are made all the time. Rioli got off for something worse earlier in the year didn't he?

The MRP is just a lotto, as if you'd bother even trying to analyze it to the nth degree to convince yourselves and others that it's all unfair; what an absolute waste of energy.

The conspiracy theories and those worried about the players heads are sooks.

Also weird how insecure Dees and Pies fans are, we're not going to beat you - with or without Cripps. Absolutely nothing to worry about.
Yep, a lotto where QCs are involved.

If you think that this type of circus doesnt diminish the game then good luck to you.

Personally I have ebbed and flowed - hence my username - but generally significantly moved away from the AFL and my team (that I absolutely loved) over the last decade incrementally based on farce like this. I now would support them leaving the AFL I reckon (esp after the Ken Hinkley debacle which is all about money and nothing about winning) as the SA Amateur League gets my beer money now, no Foxtel and no Adelaide Oval gate takings for me. I guess that probably makes me a sook in your view point.

I don't care about the AFL just like they don't care about me (quite rightly, they have a willing set of people being entertained enough).

* me Carlton supporters on here seem to have a reading issue. Reread my comment you quoted and use the 2 IQ points it would require to comprehend what I was saying. I will spell it out then. I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL doesn't try and exact their pound of flesh somehow and the conspiracy theorist in me believes that you will be reamed by the umps against Melbourne

So you think the heads of the AFL will sit down with the three umpires before the Carlton v Melbourne game and ask them to be biased against Carlton when making their decisions ???

If you think that this type of circus doesnt diminish the game then good luck to you.

Personally I have ebbed and flowed - hence my username - but generally significantly moved away from the AFL and my team (that I absolutely loved) over the last decade incrementally based on farce like this. I now would support them leaving the AFL I reckon (esp after the Ken Hinkley debacle which is all about money and nothing about winning) as the SA Amateur League gets my beer money now, no Foxtel and no Adelaide Oval gate takings for me. I guess that probably makes me a sook in your view point.

I don't care about the AFL just like they don't care about me (quite rightly, they have a willing set of people being entertained enough).

What do you think of the other major sporting organizations around the world?

I can fully understand why many people out there have this attitude.

The baseline threshold for a professional sporting body is that they have integrity and consistency.

AFL have neither.

Until its one of your players who gets concussed and misses a week
Matthew Kennedy literally got concussion and a broken jaw and is missing 2 weeks from a bump.
We're not having a sook because the player didn't get suspended. It was a hard contest and our guy came off second best. I would have hated to see the oppo player suspended for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be clear here. Carlton supporters do not think for one moment that we will trouble melbourne or Collingwood next 2 weeks. Season is more than likely cooked.
It's a result meaning that the game continues to remain an impact sport and with that comes collision , and yes , some players will get injured playing this great game of ours. The result should be celebrated by all . If you don't like collisions in our game , then perhaps go and follow something else
Serious?. Your a very good chance in both those games.

And they shouldn't be. It's a contact sport, incidents happen. It's part of playing the game.

If you do something outside the spirit or laws of the game - act on the player. If a player gets injured within the spirit and laws of the game (as Ah Chee did given he was injured when contesting a football that was in dispute by a player going for the ball) then tough luck to him. Concussion is no different to any other injury - it's an unfortunate by product.

We are not the NFL. The NFL has these issues because they promote head high contact through their helmets and pads. Our game does not, head high contact is incidental and accidental.
Tell that to Daniel Venables.

Matthew Kennedy literally got concussion and a broken jaw and is missing 2 weeks from a bump.
We're not having a sook because the player didn't get suspended. It was a hard contest and our guy came off second best. I would have hated to see the oppo player suspended for that.
I can't find any vision of the Kennedy incident, can anyone share it?

Serious?. Your a very good chance in both those games.

Depends on the attitude and mindset of the players.

If we play like the last quarter against Lions yes, if the crap we dished up against them for 3 quarters and the Crows the week before, absolutely not.

Most of these opposition supporters would like our game to be like basketball, it was a shame and bad luck that the Brisbane player was concussed but it happens every week.
Yeah, nah. Lasting effects of concussion is going to be one of the most serious aspects of playing AFL, and the course to change the quality of a person's life irreparably after football. The AFL needs to be consistent and act now, and entitled clubs need to accept this instead of trying to get their player off. It's pretty simple, if you choose to bump, leave the ground and the result is a concussion to the opposition player - you are suspended. There is only 1 exemption: If it's a marking contest, you keep your eyes on the ball, and you legitimately have a chance to mark the ball. If you don't have a chance to mark the ball and make contact - suspended. If you take your eyes off the ball and turn your body in a marking contest - suspended. If it's a handball receive and you make contact - suspended. It's pretty black and white and the AFL need to start taking this shit seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Patrick Cripps and Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back