Certified Legendary Thread Patrick Cripps and Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

There appears to be a common misunderstanding in here as to why Cripps got off.

The only reason Cripps is playing is because the AFL tribunal botched the process that led to the original finding.

Had the AFL followed proper process at the tribunal the original finding (that Cripps bumped) would stand and there would have been no grounds to appeal.

The AFL chair led the decision makers to their finding, a finding that was never actually disussed or debated within the hearing itself.

Carlton only needed to prove that the process was flawed, which it did successfully. Own goal by the AFL. Amateur hour.
And even despite that they deliberated for about 45 minutes. So even though Gleeson misdirected them you would have to think that there was a fair nit I'd doubt amongst the other two on the original tribunal .

I thought Cotchin got let off and not fined because that tackle in no way fits in with a definition of a dangerous tackle. Take off your "I'm a poor victim and Victorians aren't doing enough to win my club the unearned success I feel it is entitled to" goggles and look at it again.
Cotchin was fined for a dangerous tackle that they player had to come off for concussion test . The Kelly tackle Berry didn't even hit his head and didn't leave the field and got a week .

* me Carlton supporters on here seem to have a reading issue. Reread my comment you quoted and use the 2 IQ points it would require to comprehend what I was saying. I will spell it out then. I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL doesn't try and exact their pound of flesh somehow and the conspiracy theorist in me believes that you will be reamed by the umps against Melbourne
Yeah. But we just call that normal.

Oh give me a break.

Debating the laws of the game and the inability of the tribunal to consistently apply them is normal.

No different to the pile onto Josh Kennedy when he ironed out Sam Docherty in a poor attempt to punch the ball (in Kennedy’s words, not mine). The right decision was reached back then. The wrong one now.

Meh. Poor decisions are made all the time. Rioli got off for something worse earlier in the year didn't he?

The MRP is just a lotto, as if you'd bother even trying to analyze it to the nth degree to convince yourselves and others that it's all unfair; what an absolute waste of energy.

The conspiracy theories and those worried about the players heads are sooks.

Also weird how insecure Dees and Pies fans are, we're not going to beat you - with or without Cripps. Absolutely nothing to worry about.

Also weird how insecure Dees and Pies fans are, we're not going to beat you - with or without Cripps. Absolutely nothing to worry about.
Not insecure, I want you to beat Melbourne. Get to it!

Tim Kelly gets a week for the potential to cause an injury,where his opponents head suffered no impact and he got up and took his kick. Cripps gets off after causing a serious injury.
Makes perfect sense.
Ah Chee family or Vicpol should pursue the AFL for neglect/dangerous workplace, or was it safework during the EFC debacle?

Then the AFL might start taking head hits seriously

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There appears to be a common misunderstanding in here as to why Cripps got off.

The only reason Cripps is playing is because the AFL tribunal botched the process that led to the original finding.

Had the AFL followed proper process at the tribunal the original finding (that Cripps bumped) would stand and there would have been no grounds to appeal.

The AFL chair led the decision makers to their finding, a finding that was never actually disussed or debated within the hearing itself.

Carlton only needed to prove that the process was flawed, which it did successfully. Own goal by the AFL. Amateur hour.
Not exactly, the AFL Tribunal made an incorrect decision, not only a procedurally flawed one. They determined he bumped, he did not.

Not exactly, the AFL Tribunal made an incorrect decision, not only a procedurally flawed one. They determined he bumped, he did not.

The AFL Tribunal made a procedurally flawed determination, and a decision that agreed with Michael Christian’s assessment but not the appeals board.

First I've heard of this. Can you post links/screenshots?

No, I’m not reposting someone else’s racist remarks. Cal has called out the comments on his social media.

Christian should get weeks for bringing the game into disrepute..
Most of these opposition supporters would like our game to be like basketball, it was a shame and bad luck that the Brisbane player was concussed but it happens every week.

No, I’m not reposting someone else’s racist remarks. Cal has called out the comments on his social media.
Saad was a recent victim of racial slurs as well, unfortunately it is still happening.

Cotchin was fined for a dangerous tackle that they player had to come off for concussion test . The Kelly tackle Berry didn't even hit his head and didn't leave the field and got a week .
I think you'll find that the player wasn't concussed and the charge was dismissed.
But that doesn't mean that Victorians shouldn't be doing much more to deliver unearned success to the club you support.
Whinge on :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Patrick Cripps and Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back