Recommitted Patrick Cripps [Re-Signed to 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

These drafts you want, wont be productive until the mid to late 20s.
Especially so if this one coming is as strong as everyone is reporting.

We've already missed out on the last 2 draft's top-end talent. Miss again this year and then bomb out the next or the next two drafts and it could be a decade before we are competitive again.

Cripps would be nice though.

In 2016, the Tigers had a terrible year, but had made finals in the previous 3 years, still won 8 games that is more than Carlton have won since 2013.

Comparing Carlton in 2020 to Tigers in 2016 is such a flawed parallel.

Wow. Really? Ok. Lets take a look at those finals.

2013: Lost the Elimination Final to the team which finished 9th and played no further part.
2014: Lost the Elimination Final in a flogging after winning the toss and choosing to kick INTO category 5 winds and played no further part.
2015: Lost the Elimination Final to North by 17 points. This being a 58 point swing in the space of one week having played North in r23 and defeating them by 41 points.

Lets keep things in perspective yeah?

2013: Lost the Elimination Final to the team which finished 9th and played no further part.
2014: Lost the Elimination Final in a flogging after winning the toss and choosing to kick INTO category 5 winds and played no further part.
2015: Lost the Elimination Final to North by 17 points. This being a 58 point swing in the space of one week having played North in r23 and defeating them by 41 points.

He mentioned more than just finals.

The current crop have failed to cut the mustard. This is a guy every club needs.

You mean the current crop who have led the club to a flag, grand final, and 7 consecutive finals appearances.

In that exact same timeframe, Cripps has never played a single final and has a win loss record of 31W 1D 86L (26.69% - LOL).

In those 3 years Richmond won 15,12 & 15 games respectively.

Carlton has won 16 games in the last 3 seasons combined (7,7,2)

I don't know why you are have a go at the pre 2017 record of the Tigers. Carlton are nowhere near the Tigers of 2016, let alone Tigers of 2013-15, and god forbid trying to compare current Carlton to current Richmond.

Carlton are pretty far off the pace, sorry but it's simply the truth.

Of course wce would trade the farm for cripps...

Cripps.
+Kelly.
+Most Flag midfield(18).
+Nicnat.

Sounds alright...

Any narrative otherwise is bonkers. IMHO

Hopefully the tigers make a play.. for paddy Certainly have the draft assets carlton might like.

15 north rested 15 odd, best players the previous week. A very stoic and noble win well done shin boners.

14. Port were a better team if you remove the memes. 5v8th. Tigers still had too many plodders.

13. It was a bit unfair the bombers drug cheating scandal impacted the tigers first time since the Peggy/gale/dimma/cotchin rebuild. Tigers would have smashed efc, as they did just prior to that elimination final

Blues were a decent team in that era. One coach and f forward mistakes away from contending IMHO. The tigers won a lot of games and finished 5th twice, got pretty close to top4.

Carlton consistently come towards the bottom and speak of future greatness. Not the same. Interesting to note carlton then drafted cripps but have not played finals since.

Last edited:
In those 3 years Richmond won 15,12 & 15 games respectively.

Carlton has won 16 games in the last 3 seasons combined (7,7,2)

I don't know why you are have a go at the pre 2017 record of the Tigers. Carlton are nowhere near the Tigers of 2016, let alone Tigers of 2013-15, and god forbid trying to compare current Carlton to current Richmond.

Carlton are pretty far off the pace, sorry but it's simply the truth.

Carlton in 2020 had a better year than Richmond in 2016, especially considering the circumstances. That part is incorrect.

You mean the current crop who have led the club to a flag, grand final, and 7 consecutive finals appearances.

In that exact same timeframe, Cripps has never played a single final and has a win loss record of 31W 1D 86L (26.69% - LOL).

Exactly. When you make the finals year on year, the bar for success (a flag) is high.

After the Tiges fell short in 2018 they added Lynch.
This is the context of my comment, no more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course wce would trade the farm for cripps...

Cripps.
+Kelly.
+Most Flag midfield(18).
+Nicnat.

Sounds alright...

Any narrative otherwise is bonkers. IMHO

Hopefully the tigers make a play.. for paddy Certainly have the draft assets carlton might like.
What do you mean by "the farm"? What do we assume would get it done?

Of course, if Cripps decides he wants to join WC, it's because the interest is mutual. I do however wonder how wise it would be to offer big money and a lucrative trade for a player who'd be 27 by the time he plays a game. There's a risk involved.

Of course, if Cripps decides he wants to join WC, it's because the interest is mutual. I do however wonder how wise it would be to offer big money and a lucrative trade for a player who'd be 27 by the time he plays a game. There's a risk involved.

You'd expect Carlton to have indicated IF 5 years is the term of the next contract.

Never said I was proud of it, just pointing out the blatant crap.

I still think carlton coming bottom 4 or so consistently being compared to the tigers making finals 3 times prior to 16. Is an odd one.

I assume wce fans think they are in the window. If so 27 is not old it's a good age to add

In regards to the trade I have no idea I was just finding the conversation interesting so continued to read. If the eagles can make a trade happen. It's be nuts to overlook it. Imho. Even if it's very expensive.

Hopefully richmond can outbid them

The age makes for interesting conundrum. If he is offered a six year deal, until the of the season when he is thirty three, would Carlton be spooked from matching a deal like that?

Would he be capable of playing at level worth a value of $1,000,000 a year when he is 32 or 33?

Or do you budget the money as yearly but the output valued like this:
2022 - Paid $1,000,000 --- Worth $1,450,000
2023 - Paid $1,000,000 --- Worth $1,450,000
2024 - Paid $1,000,000 --- Worth $1,300,000
2025 - Paid $1,000,000 --- Worth $800,000
2026 - Paid $1,000,000 --- Worth $500,000
2027 - Paid $1,000,000 --- Worth $500,000

The age makes for interesting conundrum. If he is offered a six year deal, until the of the season when he is thirty three, would Carlton be spooked from matching a deal like that?

Would he be capable of playing at level worth a value of $1,000,000 a year when he is 32 or 33?

Geez you would be worried. Cripps is a cannon ball but he has carried the team so long. You wonder how long his body can keep up with the battering.

Carlton's previous coach knew this and tried put him on the bench or forward fairly often. On the eye test teague doesn't seem as flexible

I assume wce fans think they are in the window. If so 27 is not old it's a good age to add
It's fine to add him at 27. But it's a long-term consideration. Do you want to pay him $6 million over six years and "trade the farm", as you put it?

In regards to the trade I have no idea I was just finding the conversation interesting so continued to read. If the eagles can make a trade happen. It's be nuts to overlook it. Imho. Even if it's very expensive.
Surely that depends on the cost. You're saying WC would/should "trade the farm". I'm wondering what you think that entails. Two first-rounders and a decent player?

It's fine to add him at 27. But do you want to pay him $6 million over six years and "trade the farm", as you put it?

Surely that depends on the cost. You're saying WC would/should "trade the farm". I'm wondering what you think that entails. Two first-rounders and a decent player?

I'd pay cameron. Kelly type price for him. Cripps is obviously very good.

For a team like wce he would certainly be a massive boost in 5h3 shot-mid term and wouldn't hurt the flag chances.

He'd be near priceless to carlton but they will have to decide not they can convince him to stay away from free agency. Strange times are carlton.

I'd pay cameron. Kelly type price for him. Cripps is obviously very good.
So WC would have to get creative to do that. They don't have three first-rounders sitting there ready to trade. It's not impossible but it's not a no-brainer and there's some risk involved.

For a team like wce he would certainly be a massive boost in 5h3 shot-mid term and wouldn't hurt the flag chances.
No one is disputing his appeal as a player. It's a question of cost.

So WC would have to get creative to do that. They don't have three first-rounders sitting there ready to trade. It's not impossible but it's not a no-brainer and there's some risk involved.

No one is disputing his appeal as a player. It's a question of cost.

Tigers might offer a couple firsts and 2nds ...

Carlton will match anything WCE or Freo could offer. He is our captain and the face of our brand, and as it stands is our best player by a fair margin. Would be in crisis if we didn’t.

Tipping he signs a 2 year deal which is his most logical option. Not expecting any monster deals this season.

Carlton will match anything WCE or Freo could offer. He is our captain and the face of our brand, and as it stands is our best player by a fair margin. Would be in crisis if we didn’t.

Tipping he signs a 2 year deal which is his most logical option. Not expecting any monster deals this season.

With the first half of what you said. Why is he expected to sign 2 years instead of 5-7?

Surely cripps deserves the mega deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Patrick Cripps [Re-Signed to 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back