Patrick Dangerfield 'dangerous tackle' - gone or safe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Great result. I am not comfortable with tackles like that being suspendable. Imagine having to worry about that during finals if it happened. Fair enough if you pin and sling.

He was clearly pulling back at a player with forward momentum, and Walsh just went onto his belly somehow. (Hope he wasn’t making the most of it, but it’s hard to tell)

Walsh was dragged down in the direction he was travelling as Dangerfield dropped his weight to pull him down. He can't stop momentum by holding him back when he is powering away. Instead it dropped Walsh to his knees while his upper body kept travelling forward.

It was shown through evidence that he took measures to halt and even bring walsh upright to prevent his head hitting the ground. The tribunal saw this argument and agreed. Good call.

If walsh wants to drive himself forward to milk a free then he can take ownership

Wait, so Walsh trying to power through the tackle is wrong now, is it? Was he supposed to give up like touch football? Tell me how Walsh was able to dive forward while he was being held back? Think about it.

What was his defence again?

Sanctimoniously spent 40 mins admitting he executed a terrible tackle that could have caused serious damage but he didn’t mean it!!

Anyway as I’ve already said, happy he is playing because of Geelongs next opponent. He is the only midfielder they have, it’s just a shame most of kicks end up going to the opposition.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We can shit talk or we can break down the tackle and debate it. We can do video or multiple still frames.

Maybe you can tell me at which point you think Walsh launched himself forward? Was he on his knees or his feet when you think he took control of the tackle? Given it all took place in a couple of seconds, at what point do you believe Dangerfield halted Walsh's momentum and Walsh dived forward after that?

Are you game or will you just be reduced to emojis and shit talk?

The main board used to be for discussion, not keyboard warriors.
I think most here heard you the first umpteen times you argued about Walsh not contributing to Friday's MRO citing.

Maybe just accept that most here are sensible and don't hold the minority view you're wasting breath arguing over.

It was shown through evidence that he took measures to halt and even bring walsh upright to prevent his head hitting the ground. The tribunal saw this argument and agreed. Good call.

If walsh wants to drive himself forward to milk a free then he can take ownership
Another person who doesn't understand physics.

I think this tackle should have got zero weeks at the start of the season .

But it feels unfair for all the other players suspended for similar tackles or tackles judged ' potential to cause injury ' that don't result in concussion

Everyone knew danger would get special treatment here being a VAfl darling .

This is one of the equalisation measures the afl need to address . The bias MRO/tribunal

His strength got him off but if they want to stop players from executing potentially dangerous tackles then they probably should have done the example thing and got him on poor technique.
What’s the precedent now ? Pin the arms because that’s the best way to care for your opponent in a tackle?
If you aren’t getting a week for that in the home away you certainly won’t be getting a week for it in a prelim.

Reckon you should worry about Jhye Clark and Tanner Bruhn actually getting a kick one of these days instead of Walsh's head motions when he's slammed into the turf by flogs like ur Captain.
That's premiership winning flog to you.

P.S. premierships are the thing you get for winning Grand Finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right decision but my goodness the MRP is hard to predict.

My comment at the time was that he would get a week (possibly 2) in line with everything we've been told and how many other players have been suspended under the same rule. Turns out it's like trying to predict the results at Doomben.

So all the players before him that were suspended should have just been some famous premiership player to get off?

Complete BS. A broken system.

Disagree - if you sling or ride someone into the ground dangerously it’s up for a ban. Im not convinced Danger did either of these actions. I think it was just a freak incident how Walsh ended up in the position he did

Wait, so Walsh trying to power through the tackle is wrong now, is it? Was he supposed to give up like touch football? Tell me how Walsh was able to dive forward while he was being held back? Think about it.
The footag showed that he took reasonable care in his actions to avoid head contact, to the point of even bringing up his body vertically during the forward motion to reduce any impact. The impact would have been much worse if he didnt take the precautionary steps he did. He showed a great duty of care, walsh was not concussed as a result. Correct decision.

Not a single geelong supporter thinks clangerfield should get a week? Colour me shocked.

Arguing Walsh faked it is ridiculous. Both arms pinned , head hits the ground. That's a week. 40 minutes of shit talking by clanger somehow bored the tribunal into agreement. Probably sick of hearing the campaigner talk.
Many other supporters are of the same view

I think most here heard you the first umpteen times you argued about Walsh not contributing to Friday's MRO citing.

Maybe just accept that most here are sensible and don't hold the minority view you're wasting breath arguing over.

So when others keep stating it, I shouldn't challenge them because I'm supposed to believe it's a minority opinion, and I'm the problem for debating the point, not them for making it? Got ya.

Feel free to educate your fellow fans.

The footag showed that he took reasonable care in his actions to avoid head contact, to the point of even bringing up his body vertically during the forward motion to reduce any impact. The impact would have been much worse if he didnt take the precautionary steps he did. He showed a great duty of care, walsh was not concussed as a result. Correct decision.

I'm good with all that as stated earlier. I've not said one thing to blame Dangerfield, aside from practically acknowledging why the MRO charged him. Walsh was fine, and didn't even act phased by the ground contact.

I'm good with all that as stated earlier. I've not said one thing to blame Dangerfield, aside from practically acknowledging why the MRO charged him. Walsh was fine, and didn't even act phased by the ground contact.
I think the MRO can get a bit overreactive with any head contact from a tackle... Then they leave it up to the MRO to full investigate

Right decision but my goodness the MRP is hard to predict.
It's really not.

Big name player for Vic club? Let off.

Up and comer for Vic club? Probably suspended.

Play for Sydney/Brisbane? He's a good bloke, let him off.

Plays for WCE?

Glasses No GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

So when others keep stating it, I shouldn't challenge them because I'm supposed to believe it's a minority opinion, and I'm the problem for debating the point, not them for making it? Got ya.

Feel free to educate your fellow fans.
The most commonly erroneous statement made on this site would be Selwood ducked. I reckon less than 1% of comments were challenged.

After a while, why bother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Dangerfield 'dangerous tackle' - gone or safe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back