Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how this turned on the cats... As it stands with free agency the cats are following the rules... If matched by the crows, I'm sure they will trade fairly (they have the runs on the board in that department already)...
If I follow your logic, I can presume the crows traded fairly for betts then?
From a perspective of attracting new players to the club, is matching and forcing a player potentially into the draft a good point? I still haven't found your answer for that

You're one sided view is being met with the other side. Crows matching is within the rules as Carlton matching would of been. I'm not sure what you're trying to say really.. it seems it's crows should let danger go for less than they may be able to get for him and it's them forcing him into the PSD if Geelong don't put forward a decent trade.. looking bad to ppl potentially joining the club by trying to get a better deal for your club doesn't make sense.. explain why doing what's best for the club looks bad to ppl that might want to join the club...please..

You're one sided view is being met with the other side. Crows matching is within the rules as Carlton matching would of been. I'm not sure what you're trying to say really.. it seems it's crows should let danger go for less than they may be able to get for him and it's them forcing him into the PSD if Geelong don't put forward a decent trade.. looking bad to ppl potentially joining the club by trying to get a better deal for your club doesn't make sense.. explain why doing what's best for the club looks bad to ppl that might want to join the club...please..

Everyone wants what is best for your own club, but what would the crows get if he goes to pre season?
I understand both sides to the argument, but surely the club becomes labelled difficult to trade with, hence players become unsure about joining the club (this isn't just crows, any club).... If you want to return home, surely you can and clubs should facilitate that - why have un happy players on a list

Everyone wants what is best for your own club, but what would the crows get if he goes to pre season?
I understand both sides to the argument, but surely the club becomes labelled difficult to trade with, hence players become unsure about joining the club (this isn't just crows, any club).... If you want to return home, surely you can and clubs should facilitate that - why have un happy players on a list

Not one of the three parties preferred choice would be PSD, if danger would prefer risk Brisbane picking him up over giving some bargaining power by opening up possible other closer to home destinations for the crows to deal with I'd be quite surprised.. this is only if crows and Geelong can't work out a deal beforehand which I'd suspect the most likely case.. but saying it's all on the crows if they don't just accept compo picks is ridiculous..

Pretty sure the crows still feel they are in the box seat and why wouldn't they. 3 options as I see it are:

1. Geelong Provide them with a fair trade (to the crows liking not the cats)
2. He stays with them as they couldn't work out a deal and he didn't want to go to option 3.
3. Goes to draft (Carlton surely would pass as they are in rebuild and he would end up somewhere in qld) - Danger won't want to risk this

Pretty sure the crows still feel they are in the box seat and why wouldn't they. 3 options as I see it are:

1. Geelong Provide them with a fair trade (to the crows liking not the cats)
2. He stays with them as they couldn't work out a deal and he didn't want to go to option 3.
3. Goes to draft (Carlton surely would pass as they are in rebuild and he would end up somewhere in qld) - Danger won't want to risk this

There is no way Carlton pass on him in the PSD. Costs them nothing and they can trade him for premium picks the next year to help the rebuild. Or keep him since he's good for at least 5 more years.

Is it really the best look for the crows matching any offer.... Doesn't exactly advertise the club in a positive light to potential new players.... Come to the crows - we won't put your interests first?

Why should any club put individual interests before that of the club? That's what a club is meant to be all about. When you start to switch the hierarchy around you destroy the culture and in turn, the sport.

If we want to turn this great league of ours into one dominated by the players and their wishes (which change by the season, or sooner, in certain other codes) then we will continue to watch a degraded competition. Players playing for 5, 6, 7+ clubs in their career will become the norm as some chase glory, others money and the select few perhaps a chance to return home. What a joke.
Playing footy is a privilege and it is time players woke up to this fact. It's part of being a professional footballer. You sign a contract, you buy into that fact. You wear the guernsey, you buy into that fact. The only reason that sport is so big, is because it is so infectious into the community and the fans buy into it. Without that, it's just 22 blokes chasing a bit of leather on a grass oval.

The best thing that should happen to this thread is that it should be locked up, to try and keep the crap to a minimum. Allow the Geelong boards to espouse the ignorant belief that they will get him for nuthin' and allow the Crows boards to demand Ablett + Fyfe + Pendles + all 1st round picks for the next 5 years for Danger. That's their prerogative to want the best for their club. That kind of delusion is what makes fandom great. But let's contain it, all other supporters can go to their forums and discuss how much they really, really want David Mackay because boy oh boy will he be hot property next season so get in early...

Then we can wait until the deal is announced with Adelaide and Geelong left deadlocked at the trade table and Danger code-hopping to the Storm because that would make about as much ****ing sense of the rest of the shit on this board.

I hope my club makes a play for him.

What do Adelaide supporters think of a deal in the vicinity of x2 first rounders this years and next for PD?

Prefer Geelongs, you will finish above Cats next year.

Sorry for seeming naive as I haven't kept track of the whole PD Adelaide/ Geelong thing, but has there been any talk of Geelong willing to give up x2 first round picks for PD?

I'm only asking because my clubs been open about what our offer to Treloar was being x2 first round picks, now that Treloar looks unlikely I can't see why we wouldn't put an offer like that towards Adelaide for PD, considering that he hasn't come out and specifically said trade to Geelong, simply trade to Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for seeming naive as I haven't kept track of the whole PD Adelaide/ Geelong thing, but has there been any talk of Geelong willing to give up x2 first round picks for PD?

I'm only asking because my clubs been open about what our offer to Treloar was being x2 first round picks, now that Treloar looks unlikely I can't see why we wouldn't put an offer like that towards Adelaide for PD, considering that he hasn't come out and specifically said trade to Geelong, simply trade to Victoria.
There hasn't but there's rumour on the Crows board it will be two firsts and a player. As it should be.

Tex Walker on the Footy Show "Patrick wants to start a family back in Geelong".

What a great investment for say Carlton, he will play for them for the term he signs then if he wants to leave he will need to be traded out as he will have lost his FA eligibility. So for a PSD pick they may end up with 2 first picks in the ND. That is what I call a solid investment in their future
Point missed entirely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back