Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is friggen unbelievable, what the hell are you doing posting about if he enters the PSD he can choose his club, you do understand how a draft works and I'll try and make it simple. The team that gets the first pick is allowed to pick any player it wants that has nominated for the draft, the the next team gets to pick and so on. It doesn't matter where those players would like to go or who they like or maybe they like the colors of the team. One thing in the PSD is they can nominate a wage which has to be met.

Is that easy enough for you to understand

Maybe ring the AFLPA tomorrow so they explain

Hahahaha
A tad late for you little boy. Now toddle off to bed and let mummy tuck you in.:rolleyes:

Here's had about four different incarnations on the Geelong board. As _me_ he assured us Boak was signed,sealed, and delivered.

You have no ideas what you are talking about,

Dangerfield is a restricted free agent
Meaning Adelaide has the right to match any offer that is put in front of him. If they do there is three options, he stays with Adelaide, Geelong trade for him or he puts himself in the draft or pre season draft, part of the rules of the draft is the player puts there terms and conditions ie contract price and length and if a club is willing to match that offer he has two choice either accept the offer or be de register as an afl player for 12 months.

What Geelong has in there favour is that Dangerfield wants to go there so Adelaide risk losing him for nothing!

Of course any club can offer attempt to lure him. There are clubs who would offer him more than the Cats. In the end it's his choice and up to the respective clubs to attempt to sort out terms or in some circumstances accept the AFL compensation arrangements.

You do realise if The AFC match Geelongs offer he has three choices try and get traded if Adelaide accept the trade, stay at Adelaide or enter the PSD. If he enters the PSD Carlton get first crack and Brisbane get second. Brisbane have advised they will take him publicly. Mark Riccuito has publicly declared the AFC will match and he is a director of the AFC.

What would you gather from those declarations by both the AFC and Brisbane in particular

Of course any club can offer attempt to lure him. There are clubs who would offer him more than the Cats. In the end it's his choice and up to the respective clubs to attempt to sort out terms or in some circumstances accept the AFL compensation arrangements.
You are confusing free agency with the AFL draft and starting to sound a bit silly. Best to leave it there

You have no ideas what you are talking about,

Dangerfield is a restricted free agent
Meaning Adelaide has the right to match any offer that is put in front of him. If they do there is three options, he stays with Adelaide, Geelong trade for him or he puts himself in the draft or pre season draft, part of the rules of the draft is the player puts there terms and conditions ie contract price and length and if a club is willing to match that offer he has two choice either accept the offer or be de register as an afl player for 12 months.

What Geelong has in there favour is that Dangerfield wants to go there so Adelaide risk losing him for nothing!
Although I'm not quite sure why you picked that post of mine to reply to as it is of little relevance, I generally agree with your post.

The piece in bold is the substantive point I've been making.

Although I'm not quite sure why you picked that post of mine to reply to it is of little relevance, I generally agree with your post.

The point or lack there of you've been making is you know nothing of how the draft works if he nominates for it.. yes he wants to go to Geelong, but every club before Geelong would take him..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the
Although I'm not quite sure why you picked that post of mine to reply to as it is of little relevance, I generally agree with your post.

You have to agree with everything in my post apart from you not knowing anything because it's right.

But there is also the other side of things where if Geelong doesn't play ball and give up what Dangerfield is worth ie Geelongs first this year and next.
Adelaide could do a deal with Carlton ie Yarran and Henderson for adelaides second pick. Then refuse to trade with Geelong then Carlton pick him up in the PSD. By the way this would never happen just trying to make a point that Geelong don't hold all the cards.

According to AM after the initial draft it's a free for all, players can choose where ever they want to go
I think what he means is that considering players have to agree to go to another club, the clubs often try and take the players wishes into account if that player says he wants to be traded. Non-FA Players nominate clubs all the time, it's already happened multiple times in the last month.

The point or lack there of you've been making is you know nothing of how the draft works if he nominates for it.. yes he wants to go to Geelong, but every club before Geelong would take him..
Only a pathetic shit house club would pick a player that dosen't want to be there

Only a pathetic shit house club would pick a player that dosen't want to be there

I await the next "if I'd only known what a dreadful place *insert bottom dweller* was I would have stayed at Adelaide" article in ten years time for the lulz.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...ays-nick-stevens/story-e6frg6n6-1226498080909

"My time at Carlton early days was very tough because I didn't have any idea how bad Carlton was," said Stevens, who was claimed by the Blues at pick No.2 in the 2004 pre-season draft.

"The financial trouble they were in at the time was enormous for the footy club so I had four years of pain before we started to win some games.

"Look, if I had have known that at the time, I probably wouldn't have gone because I still did love playing at Port Adelaide and loved my time there.

The thing is... Dangerfield wasn't pick one or two in a superdraft.

He was pick 10 in a meh draft where everyone laughed at them for picking an unknown schoolboy over a tough nut home grown fella in Brad Ebert.

As a neutral observer, if Adelaide loses him for nothing its not the end of the world.

They've already turned a speculative pick into solid gold and extracted some decent service from the player.

On the other hand if they can make Geelong bleed for Dangerfield they could offset the loss and maintain their premiership challenge in the short to medium term.

Playing hardball is their best strategy.

On the other hand if they can make Geelong bleed for Dangerfield they could offset the loss and maintain their premiership challenge in the short to medium term.

Playing hardball is their best strategy.
Geelong will only bleed so much and it's stupid to do that when there is already a free, from the AFL, compo pick on the table. Take that for free and work out a side deal to get something else out of the Cats too - they'll easily be ahead if they do that.

Isaac and our first rounders of 2015/2016?
Massive overs, Smith is worth a top 5 pick on his own currently imo, he's a top 5 wingman in the comp.

Dunno if I'm in the right thread for a hypothetical but say if we gave you our first rounder (pick 11) for McEvoy (we need a ruck) then it might help your leverage for Danger? Talia is linked with going to Adelaide also, would a 3 way work between Dogs, Hawks and Crows? The 3 clubs have a long history of trading/deals/moving within each other over the last 20 years also such as Rehn, Jarman, Gunston, P Hudson, B Hudson, Lake, Rawlings, Welsh, Lowden, Cheney etc, while lesser known types swapped between clubs such as K Koster, S Allen, S Cox, K Hunter etc.

If Adelaide match then Geelong will find it extremely tough to bring in both Dangerfield and Henderson imo. Josh Walker and draft picks won't cut it for them two coming in as the combined worth of both is at least 3 first rounders, they would have to lose something else and it doesn't seem like they're prepared to lose anything else currently.

Imo it would be in Adelaides best interests to gain at least two first rounders from losing Dangerfield and keep a rival party honest if the deal is only an achievable 800k a season. Not bend over and except one first round compo while competition around the same part of the ladder is allowed a free hit at an instant rebuild back to contention.

I think what he means is that considering players have to agree to go to another club, the clubs often try and take the players wishes into account if that player says he wants to be traded. Non-FA Players nominate clubs all the time, it's already happened multiple times in the last month.

Yes they do, the discussion was about the PSD and AM clearly believes that if say Carlton or Brisbane decide they will draft him, that PD can refuse and still get to Geelong. He can refuse and sit out of football. But when he decides he wants to play footy again he will just enter the draft again.

I agree clubs try and make it happen which is the case here, Adelaide will want trade compensation from Geelong but AM can't see this

Massive overs, Smith is worth a top 5 pick on his own currently imo, he's a top 5 wingman in the comp.

Dunno if I'm in the right thread for a hypothetical but say if we gave you our first rounder (pick 11) for McEvoy (we need a ruck) then it might help your leverage for Danger? Talia is linked with going to Adelaide also, would a 3 way work between Dogs, Hawks and Crows? The 3 clubs have a long history of trading/deals/moving within each other over the last 20 years also such as Rehn, Jarman, Gunston, P Hudson, B Hudson, Lake, Rawlings, Welsh, Lowden, Cheney etc, while lesser known types swapped between clubs such as K Koster, S Allen, S Cox, K Hunter etc.

If Adelaide match then Geelong will find it extremely tough to bring in both Dangerfield and Henderson imo. Josh Walker and draft picks won't cut it for them two coming in as the combined worth of both is at least 3 first rounders, they would have to lose something else and it doesn't seem like they're prepared to lose anything else currently.

Imo it would be in Adelaides best interests to gain at least two first rounders from losing Dangerfield and keep a rival party honest if the deal is only an achievable 800k a season. Not bend over and except one first round compo while competition around the same part of the ladder is allowed a free hit at an instant rebuild back to contention.

From what FAgan and Roo have said that seems inevitable

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back