Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes interesting article that hawks had more to trade than the cats, but that wouldn't be hard as Mahlepi and manboob are adamant infact convinced that there will be undoubtedly no trade what so ever done to get him. Sorry should I add in their opinion.
Settle Marty
Melts will come soon, when I'm right and plenty will have egg on their face

The time is nearly upon us.

giphy.gif

This is the most contradictory and self-serving post I think I've read on big footy. You're tripping some heavy balls.
You are calling your club "well respected" then following it up by saying "who've not only had to deal with previous draft sanctions" :drunk:
Seriously, you've made the finials for what the first time in 5 years and the second time in a decade and you're lecturing the equal most success club in your life time about "doing it the right way" and lecturing us on how to build a list. Give me a ******* spell.

Don't disagree with the sentiment that Geelong have been a very successful club, but you're incorrect on this.

Since the turn of the millennium we've played finals 10 out of 15 seasons, only once bottoming out & finishing in the bottom 4. Played in 3 prelims over the last decade and missed out by less than a kick in 2009. While we didn't make the big dance we would still be up there as one of the more consistent sides over that period I would've thought.

Last edited:
Buddy was a restricted FA was he not? Did Hawks not have the biccies to match Sydney's offer?

This is the key difference.. We do.. So it goes to a trade.. Simples
Can't the AFL give you more by way of compensation than anyone could trade you? In theory I mean. It is hard to work out from the rules whether a compo pick has to be after your first normal pick and whether 2 compo picks are still an option.

Buddy was a restricted FA was he not? Did Hawks not have the biccies to match Sydney's offer?

Hawks didn't want to compromise their future by matching a ridiculous 9 year, $10m contract. They did the right thing to pass on him.
As for your previous long winded post, the thing I hate most about living in Adelaide is listening to crows supporters constantly banging their own drum.
You all need to have a critical look at what you have 'achieved' in the past 20 years, it doesn't make for as good reading as you think.
And as for your constant whinging over home finals and compensation for when you lose, and you will lose, mr Dangerfield, give it a break

Hawks didn't want to compromise their future by matching a ridiculous 9 year, $10m contract. They did the right thing to pass on him.
As for your previous long winded post, the thing I hate most about living in Adelaide is listening to crows supporters constantly banging their own drum.
You all need to have a critical look at what you have 'achieved' in the past 20 years, it doesn't make for as good reading as you think.
And as for your constant whinging over home finals and compensation for when you lose, and you will lose, mr Dangerfield, give it a break

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't the AFL give you more by way of compensation than anyone could trade you? In theory I mean. It is hard to work out from the rules whether a compo pick has to be after your first normal pick and whether 2 compo picks are still an option.

That's all we're asking for mate. If there's an (extra) early first rounder handed over and a pick after our pick I'm sure the club will be happy to let the Cats' offer come in without matching (even though that's still not appropriate compensation for losing a player of his standard - look at what Collingwood were able to prise from Brissy for Beams, and yes I understand that was a trade before anyone starts but that would be somewhere in the ballpark of what we'd normally expect to get in return for a player of his stature).

And you're right, because the AFL has that little integrity it makes up the rules as it goes.

Hi Everyone it would be fair to say the pressure will go up a notch on Dangerfeild as of today.
For some reason i think there is a little more that needs to be played out before he goes to Geelong then people think.
In my opinion the Crows will match his offer, thus forcing the Cats to deal with the Crows. I dont think the Crows then will play complete hard ball, but may force the cats to use there first 2 round draft picks which would be 10 and 28, which is a better outcome for them then just a compensation pick which would be pick 14 only.

Reading and comprehension obviously isn't your strong point.
At no point did I complain about compensation we received for buddy, I accept what the rules are and we got pick 19 accordingly.
You guys obviously did not have the salary cap space to force Sydney to the trade table forcing them to cut a deal with you.
Thats why you got screwed in regards to the Franklin deal.
Its total crap if you think about, the formula has to change asap.
Franklin pick 19
Thomas pick 10
Frawley pick 3

Reading and comprehension obviously isn't your strong point.
At no point did I complain about compensation we received for buddy, I accept what the rules are and we got pick 19 accordingly.

You obviously also struggle in maths, we have TWO more flags than you in the past 25 years, hopefully three more in a fortnights time

By the way, we had pick number one in the 2001 superdraft because we traded Trent croad to freo, we played in a semi final that year.

Your 'club' (more like commercial entity) is no more than a mid table plodder, in the same vein as North Melbourne. You maybe make the finals and if you do just make up the numbers, and as a result you constantly float around 7-11 position year in, year out.

And the reference to the mob up the road as drum beaters? Turn on the radio, roo, rowey, cornsey, jars, kg....... Need to learn to keep a lid on it. Give small minded supporters like you a false sense of hope

Enjoy the rest of your September

Ahh clearly I'm not the one who struggles with reading, comprehension or maths, if you bothered to read my post I quoted your "20" year period, and said in these exact words "in that timeframe" - not sure where this magical "25" year has suddenly come from?!? Fairly pathetic and poor form to suddenly come up with contradictory statements just to suit your ill-conceived argument....

One less flag than your almighty heroes in the last 20 years, your entire argument was based on that number. Not a single leg to stand on.

And you do understand, as an intelligent adult I'm sure, that those radio personalities are employed and paid to cater to the majority of the Adelaide market - this being people who barrack for the Crows... do you understand how radio or business in general works?? My suggestion is don't tune in, no-one is holding a gun to your head

Simple if or when Danger goes it won't be a fee agent deal.
Someone is going to have to cough up a player and a 1 st round pick to get job done as he is a restricted free agent and we might be from city of churches but we aren't silly.
Yes he will be missed if lose him as he is multi talented but don't compare him with Garry Ablett please.
Just watch any of his games and watch how many of his touches go nowhere or to opposition and then look at last nights game etc and watch the impact Mitchell and Hodge have with their touches in compare to Dangers.
Anyway a 25 year old should not be free agents as get virtually nothing first 2 years .

Simple if or when Danger goes it won't be a fee agent deal.
Someone is going to have to cough up a player and a 1 st round pick to get job done as he is a restricted free agent and we might be from city of churches but we aren't silly.
Yes he will be missed if lose him as he is multi talented but don't compare him with Garry Ablett please.
Just watch any of his games and watch how many of his touches go nowhere or to opposition and then look at last nights game etc and watch the impact Mitchell and Hodge have with their touches in compare to Dangers.
Anyway a 25 year old should not be free agents as get virtually nothing first 2 years .

He will go! I think even you know that.
He can at the same time play hard ball and say Geelong or nothing. Forcing him in the pre season draft.
If i was you guys take the cats 1st and 2nd rounder and run!
Remember Nick Stevens and Luke Ball?

Settle Marty
Melts will come soon, when I'm right and plenty will have egg on their face
Can you explain why you are so sure the Crows will not match? Do you believe it's money (shouldn't be a problem according to Hutchy this morning), or some other reason that others on here haven't thought of?

rucci on radio now is sounding like a cheergirl for the crows
thinks geelong will trade our first and second this year and our second next year for danger

just cant wait for this non event

Can you explain why you are so sure the Crows will not match? Do you believe it's money (shouldn't be a problem according to Hutchy this morning), or some other reason that others on here haven't thought of?
its the vibe
danger knows it will not be matched

time to move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back