Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

As I posted on the Geelong board, If the rumours going around are correct and it is a contract of 800k over 5 years, that would most likely be considered 'unders' on an open market, so if the result of getting a player like Dangerfield for such a 'modest' contract means we have to give up a couple of picks, then so be it.

Sure we could go for a godfather deal in the range of 1.2m+ to get him for 'free' and save our picks, but such a contract may do more harm than good in the long run when the next wave of signings occur in 2-3 years and we have to squeeze out a Motlop or Kolodjashnij because Dangerfield is on such a large pay packet. So in essence that 400k or so that we save is in itself the difference between holding onto a couple of key players or losing them, which is more valuable to us than a couple of mid/late first round picks.

Or the crows could have matched the larger deal, meaning that the free agency route was never an option available to Geelong.

Just a thought.

Basically don't care where he goes as long as we get a deserved compensation , and guess what we still hold the cards as we have plenty of cash to splash .
Guess what Geelong Fc and their fans if you want to screw us then you might find Danger playing for Hawks or Pies as if you think this wanted move is all about moving close to home, it is getting to the heart of footy and current and future opportunities and if he and Mardi have to drive a bit further for Sunday lunch , so be it.
This is not going to be a walk in the park that many Cats fans think it will be and Danger will not let the Crows get screwed over like that weasel did.

Basically don't care where he goes as long as we get a deserved compensation , and guess what we still hold the cards as we have plenty of cash to splash .
Guess what Geelong Fc and their fans if you want to screw us then you might find Danger playing for Hawks or Pies as if you think this wanted move is all about moving close to home, it is getting to the heart of footy and current and future opportunities and if he and Mardi have to drive a bit further for Sunday lunch , so be it.
This is not going to be a walk in the park that many Cats fans think it will be and Danger will not let the Crows get screwed over like that weasel did.

What line of work is his GF in?

johnny come lately name your odds, as dwayne has said you are right
You seem to neglect i also said that he was coming
so would need to be 10 to 1 on the free option

Nah even bet you reckon you have inside knowledge and have known for months must be even odds with your constant talk of getting him for nutta. Name your bet ?

you had the chance for odds on, didnt take it, now you want odds on after dwayne made an announcement

i really dont even have an inkling to bet with you

Fine your wrong everyone knows the cats will be trading except the Geelong thread who are in circle jerk mode, but it appears they are now facing reality

Hence why he's not going anywhere. Adelaide posters can get their tin foil hats out about a conspiracy all they like. Nakia is going absolutely nowhere. The no.5 doesn't get handed out at my club to a player we're in Cahootz to trade away 12 months later.
Danger can wear no 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. 2 and 3 were on the table after the Trengove deal fell through. Adelaide rejected this for whatever reason. There was an offer as it stood on the table.
Imo Melbourne is better off with Brayshaw and Petracca.

This is incorrect. Source from someone inside the Dees. Pick 2 or 3 and a pick around 9. Still better than what the Crows will get now but Danger didn't want to go

Don't expect a reply for awhile, I suspect Mahlepi is too busy going through every page of this thread deleting every post they made.
I figured that was the case since he wrote:

how confident are you that motlop is going to richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back