Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's crazy that Adelaide would actually match and then accept a first round pick in 2015 and 2016, when they could have had 2 and 3 (Brayshaw and Petracca) last year. They rejected Melbourne's trade. I suspect Danger said no, but Geelong was never going to offer both Danger and Adelaide the best deal. There are far better deals out there.

It seems likely. It's not done until it's done. Clark was a done deal to Freo four years ago. Judd was going to Melbourne in 2007. As long as there are better deals out there (and there are), then it's not done until it's actually done.
You're not listening. Dangerfield didn't/ doesn't want to play for Melbourne.

dear champ
you and your mates need to understand that my position has not changed. i stated he was coming to geelong. many adelaide crow posters were adement he was staying, and they are wrong. my position re trading is known, until your are proven correct you can circle around, but you are not right.

and your posts are as relevant as motlop and richmond, ie irrelevant
giphy.gif

I have seen so many people state Adel must match because the outcome re compensation is unfair. So let me pose them a few questions.

The FREE agency system was designed as a system to promote EASIER movement of players who had given their clubs extended service. If Adel match, and Danger becomes nothing more than an out of contract player, what benefit exactly has his Free Agency status delivered him? Is it fair that his status after 8 years exemplary service, and as a FA, is the same as a James Aish or Jarrad Jansen?

Is it fair or discriminatory that Danger, in the event of a match, should be treated differently to EVERY OTHER Free Agent before him? Was this really how the AFL and AFLPA intended the system to work? Why should the Cats become Guinea pigs in the final 12 months of a system that will likely be further diluted in a years time when a new CBA rolls out? Particularly given precisely ZERO clubs have exercised their matching right to this point.

Furthermore, the matching right was never intended for the purpose of extracting a club a better trade outcome. This is precisely why no club has used it for this purpose, and why there is a compensatory formula in place. It was intended for a situation where a player was open to staying at his club but wanted to fully test the market re his value $$.

This is why no club has matched to date. The system was designed to function for the benefit of the PLAYERS not the clubs. It is a system that both gives and takes, and the Crows will likely have seen both sides of that soon. If Adel were to match it will only militarise and embolden the AFLPA in a year which will require negotiation of a new CBA. This would not be a good outcome for the AFL, and thus it's an outcome I don't expect to happen.

Put simply, Adel matching would require it to go rogue and nuclear on the Free Agency system, and against key stakeholders (AFL, AFLPA). Again, this would be madness and thus it will not happen IMO.
Are you Mark Stevens? Hi Stevo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Mahlepi, can you please stop deleting every second post you put up as it makes this cluster**** of a thread even harder to follow.
I understand you have had your ass handed to you and you truely look like a flog of the highest order, but think about the children reading this thread and the effect it will have on their naplan scores.

And I was right
How was the dinner party
Sanders
The boat trip
The roo smile
Have a look closer to home before you fire arrows
Many of us thought he was going but there is no harm in looking for any sign of hope that he might be staying. Why you would take pleasure out of it is a bit off.

But what a lot of us have argued with is your notion that we wouldn't match, you even made up bullshit about a secret Trigg deal.

So you are copping it because you've acted like a flog, a big flog.

Really
I think the fact I said he had made up his mind ages ago and proven correct disproves your assertion.

There's no big secret like I said everyone in Australia had that opinion he was leaving, but you were adamant about a trade and not still are unless you've changed your mind on the trade. Youre not deleting posts are You?

There's no big secret like I said everyone in Australia had that opinion he was leaving, but you were adamant about a trade and not still are unless you've changed your mind on the trade. Youre not deleting posts are You?
Why would you post something and delete all the time? It's weird

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back