Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't answer because I didn't see the relevance in me pulling a figure out of my nether regions. Still don't.

Ok, I'm calling complete bullshit on the bolded part. I acknowledged that he had developmental years. I did not claim he's dominated for eight years. If that's what has your knickers in a knot, go back and re-read my original post that you responded to. He's had four very good years. If you can't see that you're letting your bias to someone leaving your club blind you.

You replied to me. Again, I never said you got eight great Dangerfield years. I said at least you got

Ignoring the team trolling, no shit with the rest.

To assist you, here's my original post that you took umbrage with:

My point was just that hey, at least you got four good years out of him. That's better than Gunston or Davis or Polec or Caddy or whoever else has walked out on their club purely after development has been put into them. All of your posts seem to be insisting you haven't gotten any good years out of him other than this year, which is insane.
You are obviously a politician and just spin your stuff , but do not go anywhere near what my post was about .
So just read these 2 main points please .
A -- A free agent at 25 is too young .
B-- And we did not get anywhere 8 good years of football from him .

Now again you went on a tangent about players like Gunston etc etc leaving after 2 or 3 years which of course is another issue that is getting too easy BUT that has nothing to do with free agency where the club getting the player gives up nothing which is crazy , except we are lucky that Danger is a RFA and we should be able to conjure a decent deal.
I don't know you want to play with your nether regions but thats your private life but was trying to make a point regarding FA that seeing virtually all your stars come from down south under free agency you would not have been able to have kept all those in that 8 year time bracket together for those exciting premiership years.
Now unlike others on this subject I don't have a problem with you as all done in a reasonable manner except skipping the main issue with diversions.

You are obviously a politician and just spin your stuff , but do not go anywhere near what my post was about .
And your two main points are ridiculous. He was on your list for 8 years; done. You can't say oh well 2008-10 and, 13 weren't great seasons so he's only played for us for 4 years. And 25 is sure as shit old enough. 8 years and you haven't seriously looked like winning a flag, just like Frawley a player can't be expected to hang around while the club gets their house in order.

I don't think you've got any idea. Ever heard of Ken from the AFL that has to ok every contract. So much about this trade going on that if PD plays well over the next 2 years and then signs for 600K say goodbye to draft picks for 2-3 yrs.

Is there any literature on this regarding this clause and how it is worded? Devil in the detail - didn't know it existed just heard Geelong are on a warpath to rip Crows panties. Anyway still intruiging....transfer market would make deals like this cleaner. Conspiracies and dirty plays everywhere.

Now again you went on a tangent about players like Gunston etc etc leaving after 2 or 3 years which of course is another issue that is getting too easy BUT that has nothing to do with free agency where the club getting the player gives up nothing which is crazy , except we are lucky that Danger is a RFA and we should be able to conjure a decent deal.
I don't know you want to play with your nether regions but thats your private life but was trying to make a point regarding FA that seeing virtually all your stars come from down south under free agency you would not have been able to have kept all those in that 8 year time bracket together for those exciting premiership years.
Now unlike others on this subject I don't have a problem with you as all done in a reasonable manner except skipping the main issue with diversions.

You realise you replied to my post originally, right? The "tangent" was what my original post was about, that you seemed to take some offence to. I haven't ever said Dangerfield has had eight good years of football.

You're obviously replying to some funny little interpretation of what you think I've posted rather than what I've actually posted so I concede - whatever argument you're trying to have, congratulations on winning it by sheer persistence of replying to points I didn't make.

TO CLEAN THIS THREAD FROM THE PERSONAL VINDICATION AND ABUSE. MY POSITION IS THAT DANGER WAS COMING TO GEELONG AND GEELONG WILL NOT TRADE FOR HIM. MY POSITION HAS NOT CHANGED.
SO FAR DANGER IS RUMOURED TO BE COMING TO GEELONG. SO FOR ALL THE TROLLS GETTING ANTSY THERE HAS BEEN NO OFFER OR MATCH.

SO I AM HAPPY TO COME IN HERE, AS I CANT GO ON THE INSULAR BOARD, WHEN YOU ARE PROVEN CORRECT. ARE ALL YOU BRAVE KEYBOARD WARRIORS HAPPY TO BE HERE WHEN YOU ARE WRONG AND APOLOGISE IN FULL AND FACE INTO YOUR ARROGANCE.

As an observation many crows posters made shit up like a dinner party, a boat, an inside source etc, and the crows posters have ignored this and have come after me. maybe they can vent their frustration at them as they were wrong wrong wrong.
YOU MADE UP THERE WAS A TIPPETT LIKE CLAUSE THATS WHY WE WOULDNT MATCH.

THERE IS ONE PERSON MAKING SHIT UP AND THAT IS YOU

If Geelong want to get PD for "free" like Sydney got Buddy, they'll need to offer a big juicy contract that Adelaide can't match - something like $1.2m for 5 years. If you are only offering $800k for 5 years, you will need to trade.

You can't have both - i.e. low contract offer and give up no picks. That is not how restricted free agency is/was designed to work.

Agree with this, if we are offering 800k seems like we are trying to be smart, hey Adelaide let him go cos home and that. Hey Patrick, take unders cos home and that.

Hard to know what is true and what isnt though.

And your two main points are ridiculous. He was on your list for 8 years; done. You can't say oh well 2008-10 and, 13 weren't great seasons so he's only played for us for 4 years. And 25 is sure as shit old enough. 8 years and you haven't seriously looked like winning a flag, just like Frawley a player can't be expected to hang around while the club gets their house in order.
Well last follow up re this subject . Really no matter how you twist my main point or even whether you disagree .
It is simply 8 years and age of 25 is too young to give free agency to and no matter who you are even the great Garry Ablett you DO not get 8 years of good football out of and we certainly did not with Danger.
And yes if any player and happening too much now wants to leave then the clubs have to sort out .
Not just give away your star player for crap and team benefitting pays nothing, just not right my opinion until they are in late 20s bracket.
And Manboob sorry old son but mate you either along with your manboobs are senile as well or just on here talking crap
Well in 2012 we lost a preliminary final by one kick to premiers Hawthorn and this year played in a semi final after winning a elimination final in a year you did not make the finals. What the hell mate.

You realise you replied to my post originally, right? The "tangent" was what my original post was about, that you seemed to take some offence to. I haven't ever said Dangerfield has had eight good years of football.

You're obviously replying to some funny little interpretation of what you think I've posted rather than what I've actually posted so I concede - whatever argument you're trying to have, congratulations on winning it by sheer persistence of replying to points I didn't make.
Hang on just forget who has the longest .
Do you agree with 8 year free agency .
And do you agree or not agree that you would have lost players in your glory years to this policy .
By this we are responding to post not seeing who is most articulate or who wins .

HAVE THE CROWS MATCHED - NO NO NO NO
what do i need to man up to
a rumour from der wayne
How can Adelaide match, he hasn't left Adelaide or formally accepted an offer from Geelong yet? What is up with your sense of entitlement? The rules are pretty clear. Dangerfield cannot accept a bid until FA opens up, if he accepts a bid from Geelong, due to his RFA status, Adelaide can choose to match. If Adelaide choose to match, Danger can accept to stay with Adelaide, ask Adelaide to organise a trade with Geelong, or go into the PSD. All of this is pretty simple if you ask me.

Any crap about how dare Adelaide match is just that crap, it is their right if they choose and are able to under the salary cap.

Additionally any Adelaide supporters that want to harp on about how in his first year he stayed in Melbourne, this is complete crap as well, he was contracted, he trained with the club and played games in the first year, get over it he has done his 8 years and has earned his RFA status.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can Adelaide match, he hasn't left Adelaide or formally accepted an offer from Geelong yet? What is up with your sense of entitlement? The rules are pretty clear. Dangerfield cannot accept a bid until FA opens up, if he accepts a bid from Geelong, due to his RFA status, Adelaide can choose to match. If Adelaide choose to match, Danger can accept to stay with Adelaide, ask Adelaide to organise a trade with Geelong, or go into the PSD. All of this is pretty simple if you ask me.

Any crap about how dare Adelaide match is just that crap, it is their right if they choose and are able to under the salary cap.

Additionally any Adelaide supporters that want to harp on about how in his first year he stayed in Melbourne, this is complete crap as well, he was contracted, he trained with the club and played games in the first year, get over it he has done his 8 years and has earned his RFA status.
my comment was in regards to the constant trolling that a rfa deal had been matched
as it stands - danger is a crow

Is there any literature on this regarding this clause and how it is worded? Devil in the detail - didn't know it existed just heard Geelong are on a warpath to rip Crows panties. Anyway still intruiging....transfer market would make deals like this cleaner. Conspiracies and dirty plays everywhere.
The AFl last week notified all clubs of 2 teir contracts, further they made mention of 2 yr contracts followed by further 2-3 year contracts on substantially less money. they śtated they must be upfront or will be deemed as draft tampering. One thing you can be sure is if the AfL thinks it's smelly they'll get you in the end.
FYI , I know a couple of list managers and oñe said buckle up this period as it's going to get crazy.

Getting a player of Dangerfield's quality on and off the field is a coup for the cats. The benefits of paying him an average salary of 800k for somebody of his standing is well worth the loss of a couple of mid to late first round picks. Trying to be fancy and paying him silly money would have a negative influence on the entire playing group. This club has been built in recent times on the players understanding that success comes at a personal cost similar to Hawthorn. Keeping this philosophy is more important in the medium to long term than haggling over a couple of picks. The rules are the rules and even if we trade crows still wont get what he is worth.

rolling_eyes_neil_degrasse_tyson.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back