Pearce to Fremantle confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Offer it to others, attempt to lure people, build a war chest for next trade/fa period by paying as far below the cap as we can. There are lots of things we can do aside from keeping a player who doesn't want to be here.
I suggested it with boak money 700k for boak.if we pay 500k for pearce I would be pissed

Better than them leaving in two years isn't it?
If you can't afford to lose the occasional 28 year old (26 FA qualification+2), there's a problem with your side.

I see your point, but its a case of the player being in the position of power which clubs simply aren't used to.
Oh for sure, and the true balance of this arrangement is only going to be publicly shown when some clubs get saddled with players that coast for 4 years on big bucks, or get injured in the first.

I think Pearce will fit in really well if it pans out, and you cant blame the player, he has got to look after number 1.
Andrew Demetrio is the prick that has to re invent the wheel twice a year.
And a team that is struggling and not based in Melbourne its always going to be a lose/lose.
Bloody AFL have made a meal out of this free trade crap, it wont be long before players are allowed to jump ship half way through the season like they do in the NRL.
Very un-australian if you ask me.

If you can't afford to lose the occasional 28 year old (26 FA qualification+2), there's a problem with your side.

Oh for sure, and the true balance of this arrangement is only going to be publicly shown when some clubs get saddled with players that coast for 4 years on big bucks, or get injured in the first.

I think the competition is tighter these days, and letting a key player leave could cost you a premiership if you don't cover the loss. Great teams can sometimes cope, e.g. Ablett leaving Geelong, but sometimes it can be costly, like Luke Ball to Collingwood. Having a player become shit and still have 2 years left is bad, but so is having a great player leave to a direct competitor. I tend to think long contracts for 27+ year olds will become a lot more common now.

Offering long contracts to players from other clubs is a bit weird, and I think this is more risky. Who knows maybe the journeymen of the competition will be the premiership winning stars soon enough...

I don't like it either, but I like it a hell of a lot more than having a list on which the only line-breaker is Rodin.

Rodan has left Port. My mate is assistant coach for Norwood reserves. Informed them that he wont be there next year. He doesnt know where yet, but apparently he is off.

Rodan has left Port. My mate is assistant coach for Norwood reserves. Informed them that he wont be there next year. He doesnt know where yet, but apparently he is off.

Another domino we wanted gone :)

Truth be known, our list needs to be turned over by parting company with the types of players being mentioned (Chaplin, Salopek, Rodan, Thomas especially; hell, maybe even Pearce). Only problem is getting appropriate compensation for each of them. At this stage, we could get unders for each of them which would become a substantial challenge for a new coach rebuilding a list of his choosing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo offered 1.7 million over 3 years, I think you guys can match it, but if he wants to go, you may be better with the AFL compo then trading him if he doesnt want to stay

SO if true that's $566K a year o_O

One of our best (and strangely most consistent) players but jeez that is a lot of money

I know he got monstered in the Semi Final but if we go down a trading path with Fremantle, what are your thoughts on Silvagni? KPD, and if we lose Chaplin could add to our depth.
HE did get beaten in semifinal but everyone was crying out for him to be in the team this year because he was so good in 2011.He held forwards much taller such as Buddy and Jonathon Brown.He wasnt played by Ross as he bought Dawson over to play that role.If you had him you would be rapt as he wouldnt let you down-----he lost a bit of confidence but actually played well in the final against Geelong if you look at the tape

HE did get beaten in semifinal but everyone was crying out for him to be in the team this year because he was so good in 2011.He held forwards much taller such as Buddy and Jonathon Brown.He wasnt played by Ross as he bought Dawson over to play that role.If you had him you would be rapt as he wouldnt let you down-----he lost a bit of confidence but actually played well in the final against Geelong if you look at the tape

I knew Perth was far west, but have you not been introduced to internet video, dvr or a digital versatile disc yet? o_O

I am really sorry Port Adelaide that you are losing players ---I hate this free agency crap its going to spoil the competition.I hope you pick up some good players in their mid 20's who can replace the ones you are losing. Alex Silvagni is a great defender and was brilliant last year but lost confidence this year as Dawson played his role.You couldnt go wrong making a play for him. Also- Nick Lower is a great clearance player but had injuries this year and couldnt break back into the team

Also- Nick Lower is a great clearance player but had injuries this year and couldnt break back into the team

Lower_Rd1709_246a.jpg

this guy?

I knew Perth was far west, but have you not been introduced to internet video, dvr or a digital versatile disc yet? o_O
Im only trying to help--if this is as petty as you get and this is the quality of your responses at Port Adelaide then I wont come back on this site again.I was trying to show some sympathy for your loss of Mc Carthy and other players you are losing in the free agency period.Ill head back to my site with pleasure

Im only trying to help--if this is as petty as you get and this is the quality of your responses at Port Adelaide then I wont come back on this site again.I was trying to show some sympathy for your loss of Mc Carthy and other players you are losing in the free agency period.Ill head back to my site with pleasure

Not having a dig, just was amused at seeing that word.

You guys just can't cop a break. Ah well, you know what they say, the hotter the flame, the harder the steal.
Although he isn't gone yet I know.

Do you think he would add much to our side? I just cant approximate how he might play for Freo. Is he disciplined? Does he ever venture into the centre square or is he a 100% outside type player?

I used to dislike port, but at the moment I have a soft spot for them, would prefer to see 18 strong clubs on and off field.*

*But if you get good again, I will hate you.

I heard he has been offered a four year deal which is what he wanted from port but no where near 500. Port should have had him stitched up before it came to this as my reliable source says he wanted desperately to stay a one club player but port would not budge beyond a two year deal and for less money than freo offered him. He is married with a young family and from SA so big move for him.
I hope we match and he stays at the club. If monfries can be offered a four year deal surely pearce can.

We are not similar to Freo in many ways.

We have been around for 142 years and had success.

Freo have been around for 17 years and have stunk it up for the majority of them.

I dont know how our club is stupid enough to warrant 4 years to Monfries yet Pearce who IMHO is 10 times the player for us won't

Someone at our club needs to be kicked out quick smart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pearce to Fremantle confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back