Pearce to Fremantle confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

This is simply an indication that the typical supporter's expectation of player salaries has not kept up with the increase in TPP and the floor.

I think REH posted something a few weeks ago with the increases over the past several years. What was a very good salary for a player 5 years ago is only average now.

I like you Freomaniac, but I don't like your club, and I don't expect you to like mine.

From your point it can be defended, from my point it cannot. That's the situation.

Fair enough.

But Earlier in the Year some fans on the Port wanted him to leave because he was struggling to perform.

Im not trying to make a troll attempt. But I knew from the start of Free agency some teams were going to struggle. Everyone who follows the AFL whether they Barrack for Port or not, Knew that financially struggling teams like Port are going to get the bad end of the stick.

Looking at Danyle Pearces situation, He had 2 options: Stay with Port on a short term deal with less money or Join Freo on a 4 year deal on decent cash. Im not trying to defend Pearce but he has decided to have a secured deal for himself long term.

As I said Ports Advantage is that if Any SA boys want to head home they can Go to the crows or Port.

This is simply an indication that the typical supporter's expectation of player salaries has not kept up with the increase in TPP and the floor.

I think REH posted something a few weeks ago with the increases over the past several years. What was a very good salary for a player 5 years ago is only average now.

Yeah Funny thing you mentioned that. We gave you guys picks 11, 27 and 45 to Get Josh Carr. Freo had Josh Carr for 4 years on $400,000 a year. $400,000 A year doesnt seem a lot in 2012 standards. I would of wondered what would happen if Free Agency Happened 10 years ago....

Pearce is only on 420000 a year. Absolute media crap that he is on 550000. Port should have matched and from what i have heard pearce would have stayed but he is now looking forward to the change and playing for Freo. Our loss and freo's gain. Another Rhode screw up!

Pearce is only on 420000 a year. Absolute media crap that he is on 550000. Port should have matched and from what i have heard pearce would have stayed but he is now looking forward to the change and playing for Freo. Our loss and freo's gain. Another Rhode screw up!

I guess we will see when the compensation is announced hey.

Until then we can say what we want and get away with it.

Personally i reckon you're talking out of your arse and reckon pearces ladt contract would have been nudging $420k. Eniugh people wuth contacts at the club have hinted for some time that he wanted crazy money.

Anyway he's gone now.... he seems happy so get over it.

It was never the money that was an issue with Pearce - it was the fact (and I say fact because he has form) that he tends to coast until the final year of his contract. A player on 420k should NEVER be dropped to the SANFL unless they need to come back from injury.

A 2 year contract would have seen him stay hungry. Moving to Freo on a 4 year deal will also see him stay hungry, because he will have a point to prove to his new team. But giving him 550/420k or whatever for 4 years? The club made the right call in moving him on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pearce to Fremantle confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back