2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

He should've taken it yeah but it wasn't uncontested, had to beat a man in a wrestle first!

He had another almost day, hes just that 5% off right now, hopefully he can recapture that % by WAFL finals
Fair enough. I was watching the stream on my mobile phone and was very had to see going from very dark shadow to bright sunshine. Seemed like a straight forward mark that he got two hands to and dropped.

At the wafl last week Draper was horrible and yet this week in the Afl he was terrific. So maybe awful Cox in the wafl doesn't matter.. Bring him in.
Seriously though. Cox looks like he could do with another week, at least in the wafl.
He was far from awful. Had some scratchy moments for sure but looked a pilar of strength in the backline in that last quarter. He and Hughes chopped off about 7 i50 entries. Subiaco seemed to keep getting the ball i50 and it was Peel defence that kept them in the game. For Peel hardly went forward from about 8-9mins into that last quarter.

Bloody Tabs - can’t pick ball up off ground and dropped an uncontested mark in goal square after some nice work from Erasmus breaking two tackles. Sad to watch really.
Cant bend down for a ground ball, back injury has finished him, needs to retire at end of year
Voss is a mile ahead as next player in

He was far from awful. Had some scratchy moments for sure but looked a pilar of strength in the backline in that last quarter. He and Hughes chopped off about 7 i50 entries. Subiaco seemed to keep getting the ball i50 and it was Peel defence that kept them in the game. For Peel hardly went forward from about 8-9mins into that last quarter.
He was ok in the last. The rest if the game he was too slow to react or got caught often and looked a bit at sea. While I respect your opinion, you are kidding yourself on this one

He was ok in the last. The rest if the game he was too slow to react or got caught often and looked a bit at sea. While I respect your opinion, you are kidding yourself on this one
In your opinion do you think he needs another WAFL game? I missed bits and pieces of the first quarter so won’t go against your call. I was more referring to last quarter. He did run out the game with some confidence building 1v1 wins.

I see some merit in giving another game for Davies against lesser opposition and also a game for Cox to build into AFL at AFL.

Peel Thunder remans in top spot on the ladder despite a shock six-point loss to seventh-placed Subiaco.

Midfielder Will Brodie put his name in the ring for a senior call-up with a prolific 34-disposal, seven-clearance and eight-mark outing.

Karl Worner responded to his omission from the senior side with a commanding 29 touches and five marks, while Neil Erasmus could also be in line for a recall after his 27-disposal, 10-clearance effort.

Peel Thunder remans in top spot on the ladder despite a shock six-point loss to seventh-placed Subiaco.

Midfielder Will Brodie put his name in the ring for a senior call-up with a prolific 34-disposal, seven-clearance and eight-mark outing.

Karl Worner responded to his omission from the senior side with a commanding 29 touches and five marks, while Neil Erasmus could also be in line for a recall after his 27-disposal, 10-clearance effort.

Who writes this stuff? Happy that Brodie and Ras performed well but did the author miss the part where our starting midfield just went head to head with Sydneys and walked away with the choccies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

afl.com.au :)

was wanting them to say how Cox went
You missed the whole second half of the article after the photo;

Ethan Hughes was a brick wall in defence, taking 13 marks along with his 23 disposals, and Liam Reidy dominated proceedings in the ruck with a game-high 44 hitouts and five tackles.

Key forwards Matt Taberner (two goals, seven marks) and Brennan Cox (18 disposals, eight marks) fired, while young midfielder Ethan Stanley (20 disposals, two clearances) and untried foreard Jack Delean (one goal) also played their part.

You missed the whole second half of the article after the photo;

Ethan Hughes was a brick wall in defence, taking 13 marks along with his 23 disposals, and Liam Reidy dominated proceedings in the ruck with a game-high 44 hitouts and five tackles.

Key forwards Matt Taberner (two goals, seven marks) and Brennan Cox (18 disposals, eight marks) fired, while young midfielder Ethan Stanley (20 disposals, two clearances) and untried foreard Jack Delean (one goal) also played their part.

That makes more sense! Some great stats, considering they lost

Thanks heaps for sharing this

Yeah it's awesome to have these guys all playing well as depth. We have a list that can cover all positions.
I wish people didn’t dislike Hughes so much. He’s clearly improved his craft at Peel, and can only be the best possible version of himself and nobody else.

I like Hughes. He is a hard as nails defender. But he lacks attacking instincts. Chapman is just far more dynamic in Hughes position.
Chapman does need to work on his disposals.. had few howlers disposals yesterday..but can't wait see chappy keep improving

Chapman does need to work on his disposals.. had few howlers disposals yesterday..but can't wait see chappy keep improving
That was his worst game in forever, was even noticeably annoyed at himself for continually missing kicks. Even more remarkable we won really coz I would have sworn he'd need to have a blinder to cover for Pearce but it was hard to know Draper was going to turn into prime McPharlin for the game...

That was his worst game in forever, was even noticeably annoyed at himself for continually missing kicks. Even more remarkable we won really coz I would have sworn he'd need to have a blinder to cover for Pearce but it was hard to know Draper was going to turn into prime McPharlin for the game...
How good was Draper. That after a real sloppy game at Peel. Obviously got a rev up from coaching staff and stepped up big time. Cemented his spot till APearce is back.

How good was Draper. That after a real sloppy game at Peel. Obviously got a rev up from coaching staff and stepped up big time. Cemented his spot till APearce is back.

Davies out before him. I think both Cox and Pearce back before he's dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back