2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon JL would have had a different view if given the option

Also Blight is 22... it wouldn't even be one season

in this hypothetical I'm picturing the club does the best thing for the team to win games.

I’d mean one sixth of our list next season would be KPDs. Walls wouldn’t give that a single thought. It’d compromise our depth elsewhere for sure.

Sure Blight would’ve been an option this season if we could select Peel players not on our list though.

Depends if he'll give more than Davies, which won't be very hard to do.
Doesn't look like it at the moment. But we know what he can do. To be fair to Davies, he hasn't got the size of Draper or Afl experience (to be fair). Struggling with the taller, stronger guys. And his odd brain fade came back to haunt him again.

Let Cox get fit. If we can't beat a Lynchless Tigers without him then we're not serious.

Bring him back for the Hawks where he might make the difference.
Devils advocate: he's probably going to be poor his first game anyway, write it off against Tigers?

Doesn't look like it at the moment. But we know what he can do. To be fair to Davies, he hasn't got the size of Draper or Afl experience (to be fair). Struggling with the taller, stronger guys. And his odd brain fade came back to haunt him again.

I liked some of what he did in the first half but he looked spent before half time - if he is not fit enough to run out a WAFL senior game then give him more time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let Cox get fit. If we can't beat a Lynchless Tigers without him then we're not serious.

Bring him back for the Hawks where he might make the difference.
Dont know - Cox played really good last quarter there. Took at least 4 intercept marks. Cox looked fine in that last quarter. Erasmus played well - Brody, Hughes and Worner all did their part.

I’ll let the match committee/physical conditioning team make that call.

Aish might need a run around at Peel. I’d look to get Erasmus into the team.

Davies -> Cox
Aish -> Erasmus

uncontested? it was a 1v1 wrestle?
It was a wrestle at first but by the time the ball had reached them he got two hands to the ball without the defender and dropped the mark. Tabs was dirty on himself and motioned to kick the ball away after it dribbled through for a behind. I’d expect him to gobble that up when in form.

It was a wrestle at first but by the time the ball had reached them he got two hands to the ball without the defender and dropped the mark. Tabs was dirty on himself and motioned to kick the ball away after it dribbled through for a behind. I’d expect him to gobble that up when in form.
He should've taken it yeah but it wasn't uncontested, had to beat a man in a wrestle first!

He had another almost day, hes just that 5% off right now, hopefully he can recapture that % by WAFL finals

Did you not see Drapers’ game today?
At the wafl last week Draper was horrible and yet this week in the Afl he was terrific. So maybe awful Cox in the wafl doesn't matter.. Bring him in.
Seriously though. Cox looks like he could do with another week, at least in the wafl.

At the wafl last week Draper was horrible and yet this week in the Afl he was terrific. So maybe awful Cox in the wafl doesn't matter.. Bring him in.
Seriously though. Cox looks like he could do with another week, at least in the wafl.
Cox didn't look great, but he worked into it by the end. 18 disposals, 8 marks, and 9 intercepts isn't too bad.

He's going to take time to get back up to AFL speed, so if we can spare a KPD next week vs Richmond does it not make more sense to bring in Cox so he can have a week building back up to AFL level before Hawks in Tassie? More benefit for us than keeping Davies in I reckon.

Cox didn't look great, but he worked into it by the end. 18 disposals, 8 marks, and 9 intercepts isn't too bad.

He's going to take time to get back up to AFL speed, so if we can spare a KPD next week vs Richmond does it not make more sense to bring in Cox so he can have a week building back up to AFL level before Hawks in Tassie? More benefit for us than keeping Davies in I reckon.
Depends on the risk moreso than ability. I really don't think we will play him if they don't think he is physically ready. We will find used out soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back