2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d move Tabs back. It worked for Rory Lobb and Tabs has a similar skill set.

Might be better an option if we get more injuries, especially in a final.
Taberner's back is cooked. He's a couple of months off retiring.

We've currently got three KPDs on the injury list. That's the issue - not sure we change too many others positions until we get desperate - we've still got Davies to come in until we even need to start thinking about it.

Tabs has been tried at AFL level in defense by Lyon (2017? 18?). Dont you lot remember?
Predictably he was terrible due to poor decision making. Everytime he won the footy he would ponder his next move whilst the galaxy slowly revolved. Then he would always end up reaching the same conclusion: square the ball straight to an opponent in the corridor back of centre.

Tabs has been tried at AFL level in defense by Lyon (2017? 18?). Dont you lot remember?
Predictably he was terrible due to poor decision making. Everytime he won the footy he would ponder his next move whilst the galaxy slowly revolved. Then he would always end up reaching the same conclusion: square the ball straight to an opponent in the corridor back of centre.
Can't you just leave repressed memories alone!

Yes I Know Amazon GIF by Citadel

11 named for Peel excluding the emergencies, one will be held over for the Derby (Ryan, Clark both sore)
Delean named on the bench probably drops back to reserves then

Hughes/Voss/Simpson to come back into Peels league lineup

I’m sure I used to know…

Is there a limit to the number of Fremantle players who can line up for Peel each week? Or is that just for finals?

I’m sure I used to know…

Is there a limit to the number of Fremantle players who can line up for Peel each week? Or is that just for finals?
Theres an agreed limit with Peel, it's 11 or 12 but any player drafted from Peel doesn't count towards the number. For finals, it's a WAFL rule and just a flat 12 players I believe

Theres an agreed limit with Peel, it's 11 or 12 but any player drafted from Peel doesn't count towards the number. For finals, it's a WAFL rule and just a flat 12 players I believe
I also have a feeling the regular season agreement is not a hard limit. I.E. If there is some reason to play 13 and Peel don't object we can do it.

I thought it was 14 for the regular season, and then 12 finals.

Definitely less for finals.

Just checked, and it is definitely 12 for finals.

The Thunder can select up to 12 AFL-listed players in a finals game, with 13 Fremantle players made available for selection.

That was the game Tabs was told as he arrived at the stadium that he was playing defender.

I really can't think it's anything but a complete of waste time for Knobel to be playing ressies from what I saw last game. Basically doing cardio down there.

Would be very excited to see the return of Kuek
I disagree. Knobel spending a year at reserves level gives him the chance to work on his weaknesses before he rucks for Peels league team. . His around the ground work has improved a ton over the year. That said next year he should be only rucking at league level.

It was a 2014 Derby. Just a one-off wasn't it? McPharlin and Johnson didn't play and one was a late withdrawal and Tabs was the only tall left to fill in.

Last edited:

I’ll defend him a bit as I’m pretty sure he was just thrown to the wolves having never trained as a defender prior to the week he did it at AFL level.

It’s likely to go equally as well if we try to convert someone into a KPD mid season tbh.

I don’t think this even needs to be considered. Back Cox and Draper to get through the next 4-6 weeks and Davies if we need to go there. After that Ryan and Chapman just have to play tall I guess but we’re at least two injuries off that - I’d back the three we have left to get the job done.

After Pearce and Omac return our KPD is probably better than any team in the competition. No need to try and ruin someone’s career for the sake of depth that might be needed for two weeks. Leave our young forwards where they belong.

I was laying it on for comic effect.

Equally though if I guessed the answer to the quiz question "what percentage of crabenar disposals by foot in the defensive half in his entire career where turnovers"; 100% is as good an answer as any.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knobel back down to Ressies

Williams named at CHF for Ressies lol

Kuek named at CHF for the league team, great outcome if he plays
Odin named at league too but at CHB so might be a late out? doubt we are playing him in defense, would be good if he strings a few league games together though

11 named for Peel excluding the emergencies, one will be held over for the Derby (Ryan, Clark both sore)
Delean named on the bench probably drops back to reserves then

Hughes/Voss/Simpson to come back into Peels league lineup
No holdover emergency - all of Hughes, Voss and Simpson added. Must be pretty confident that there won't be late outs.

Delean to reserves as you said. Odin and Kuek both stay in the league team, good result for them.

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 5.52.27 pm.png
Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 5.52.09 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back