2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Selwood is hard nut and takes some very good marks. If anyone needed reminding why he isnā€™t on an afl list his at times sloppy kicking skills let him down.

If any of you call for Hughes to play again I'll assume you've never watched football in your life
Why can't Merv play a pre season mustache contest for Freo?

In all seriousness, I do just wonder how much the last three seasons of poor overall WAFL talent (not specifically at Peel, I mean across the whole WAFL including what used to be colts, and then reserves, plus firsts WAFL) has really impacted the usefulness of WAFL as a feeder system to AFL.

Just such little cash available at WAFL level, so few chances for outsiders and fringe players to ever justify putting a WAFL club contract ahead of being a tradie/firey/medic etc

How many frees has Davies given away
Giving away a free requires at least being part of a contest - on that basis Davies has been at least making it to contests well above some of his supposedly more senior colleagues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knobel is elite
I know you are being half sarcastic, but with a lineage of Meek, Reidy, and Knobel I'd love us to try trading out Darcy - just to see what offers were on the table.

Not because we should do the trade, but because the gap between what a cheap salary Reidy/Knobel can deliver versus a few pick plus salary cap relief from trading out a Darcy is at least worth a review.

Plus makes everyone including Jackson realise everyone is up for review.

Instead we will keep picking JOM in our first 12 players picked...

Aish is sort of done. Twice heā€™s turned it over exiting our defensive 50 under minimal pressure. Taberner doesnā€™t moved just wants to stand and wrestle and heā€™s not much good at it. So many sloppy frees and physically weak players at Peel. Unfortunately a lot are from Freo. Stanley, Delean could be delisted without a blink of an eye. So far from afl level itā€™s crazy.

I know you are being half sarcastic, but with a lineage of Meek, Reidy, and Knobel I'd love us to try trading out Darcy - just to see what offers were on the table.

Not because we should do the trade, but because the gap between what a cheap salary Reidy/Knobel can deliver versus a few pick plus salary cap relief from trading out a Darcy is at least worth a review.

Was he being sarcastic? I think Knobel is a terrific prospect.

Aish is sort of done. Twice heā€™s turned it over exiting our defensive 50 under minimal pressure. Taberner doesnā€™t moved just wants to stand and wrestle and heā€™s not much good at it. So many sloppy frees and physically weak players at Peel. Unfortunately a lot are from Freo. Stanley, Delean could be delisted without a blink of an eye. So far from afl level itā€™s crazy.
Whilst it was reserves Delean did kick 2 goals and had decent numbers of tackles and possessions (for him for once). I mean on that basis why not lay into Ollie Murphy (who is also in his first season and is stuck in reserves), Conrad Williams (multiple seasons) as well?

Whilst it was reserves Delean did kick 2 goals and had decent numbers of tackles and possessions (for him for once). I mean on that basis why not lay into Ollie Murphy (who is also in his first season and is stuck in reserves), Conrad Williams (multiple seasons) as well?

Because heā€™s not a 200cm bean pole key backman. Murphy has potential. Williams I assume will be delisted.

Williams, Delean, Stanley, Hughes, Aish, Taberner could all be delisted and it would be totally fine and not impact 2025 at all.

Was he being sarcastic? I think Knobel is a terrific prospect.
Not sarcastic about Knobel at all, more about a few of the others playing for Peel. Sorry, I should have been clearer

I'm not being sarcastic at all. He's going to be a gun

Amongst the talk of the likes of Stanley, DeLean and Aish and Tabs being dumped, I am so hopeful that we do find a way to keep Sebby on our list. Even after such a serious injury and such a short rehab he still has that potential x factor...

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back