2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Of the Freo players, I thought the ones that stood out:
  • O'Dricoll was putting in the hard yards; no surprises there - his good is very good. I think everyone wants to see him put in the hard yards in the offseason so that he can be consistent.
  • Matt Taberner playing with that dislocated thumb and continuing to make leads and take marks (and three important goals) was a really sterling effort.
  • Erasmus also kept giving his all, stood up in a large number of tackles, and also took a number of really good marks in defence. 7 Tackles.
  • Davies wasn't always good defensively but he did take some very good marks and rebound well.
  • Voss annoyed Claremont a lot in the second half and did have some very useful possesions.

Bit concerned with Cooper, basically invisible the whole game.
Davies, Erasmus, NOD the only AFL quality players out there. Confident Murphy can be a good player with a few off/pre seasons under his belt.
First season so way too early to be worried. He needs to permanently move to the midfield or as a defensive rebounder because half-forward is not working for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player review

Erasmus/Noddy: Both massive in the middle and I can't split them. Noddy has got that power and running back and needs to be kept. Erasmus decision making generally getting better and his disposal has gone up a notch. Still refuses to play on or move it quickly though. It's absolutely bizarre like he must hold the ball 10 seconds after a mark or free kick if he can.
Davies: Possibly the nest game I've seen him play, no Davies howlers and stopped anything in the air. Had to do it off the ground as well half the time. Fantastic game
Tabs: Only forward doing anything for 3 quarters until Voss woke up. Would have lost if they couldn't get him back on the field
Voss: Big last quarter after being invisible most of the game. Need the full game performance next week.
Brodie: it was too hard after getting the cork, hopefully he gets up for next week but I'm already dreading watching him walk after the clearance.
Reidy: He literally can't provide anything but a ruck contest and it's not like his hit outs are incredible. I want Knobel ahead of him next year, he can't be re-signed
Murphy: Has everything but pace IMO (though made a couple of howlers)

No one else worth mentioning really. Disappointing with how invisible Simpson is and Stanley going nowhere or backwards since he was drafted.

Of the Freo players, I thought the ones that stood out:
  • O'Dricoll was putting in the hard yards; no surprises there - his good is very good. I think everyone wants to see him put in the hard yards in the offseason so that he can be consistent.
  • Matt Taberner playing with that dislocated thumb and continuing to make leads and take marks (and three important goals) was a really sterling effort.
  • Erasmus also kept giving his all, stood up in a large number of tackles, and also took a number of really good marks in defence. 7 Tackles.
  • Davies wasn't always good defensively but he did take some very good marks and rebound well.
  • Voss annoyed Claremont a lot in the second half and did have some very useful possesions.
I thought Davies was massive defensively, best defender by a long way.

Bit concerned with Cooper, basically invisible the whole game.
Davies, Erasmus, NOD the only AFL quality players out there. Confident Murphy can be a good player with a few off/pre seasons under his belt.

Long year for an 18 year old, hopefully will get better with a full preseason under his belt. More concerned about Stanley who I think is average and will be delisted. There were a few performances that leave a bit to be desired. Not sure where Emmett is at.

Noddy's agility isn't that great but his power and pace are pretty damn good. Looks like a clone of JDG. Very exciting prospect.

First season so way too early to be worried. He needs to permanently move to the midfield or as a defensive rebounder because half-forward is not working for him.
Would also help if the umpires paid a couple of due free kicks to him. He had his head ripped off on one tackle from Claremont. No fee kick. The number of dubious high free paid to Claremont including that little Pratt Mainwearing.

Another time Cooper was buried into the ground unnecessarily and was clearly in the back. Much worse than that terrible push in the back paid against Bell earlier in the game.

I don’t normally whinge about umpiring but it was terrible today.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back