2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

The best one was when we stitched up Subiaco years ago. I think we had 17 players in the grand final. And pretty good ones like Langdon, Mzungu, Suban, etc.

The Lions were crying about it being a gross injustice. Nevermind their own integrity with having more money than half the AFL clubs, let alone WAFL clubs, and winning flag after flag. I used to be a member due to paying an annual fee to use the squash courts inside the ground, and their annual report was eye opening ... they made millions from pourage rights at AFL games at Subiaco Oval.

I’m barely older than Freo but my old man always told me how West Coast and Subiaco destroyed the WAFL.

Him, his old man and his brother went to every East Freo together home and away until the late-90s. By the time I was old enough to really understand footy they’d all just about given up on the WAFL entirely. I attended a few East Freo games with dad in the late-90s, early-2000s but that was about it.

Not all rusted on fans are so rusted on that BS doesn’t drive them away.

Nathan Wilson given a week off by the WAFL tribunal. He's struggled over the last month.

Worner looked pretty happy congratulating teammates out on the ground after the win, so maybe he's ready to come back next week although he'd have to replace another Fremantle listed player.

The best one was when we stitched up Subiaco years ago. I think we had 17 players in the grand final. And pretty good ones like Langdon, Mzungu, Suban, etc.

The Lions were crying about it being a gross injustice. Nevermind their own integrity with having more money than half the AFL clubs, let alone WAFL clubs, and winning flag after flag. I used to be a member due to paying an annual fee to use the squash courts inside the ground, and their annual report was eye opening ... they made millions from pourage rights at AFL games at Subiaco Oval.

Subi also had something like 14 established players they had brought in from other AFL, WAFL, SANFL & VFL clubs at that stage. They are so precious.

How do you go on a massive rant after watching the footage and try and blame Freo. What an absolute loser
Just had a listen for the first time. Yes Harding goes a bit too hard with his rant but he was right with a lot of what he said. I didn’t think there was that much in it and Brady definitely added some mayo to get the free kick. Was it worth a suspension - yes but not 4 weeks. Despite what Harding said Clark did collect Brady and he got sucked in. More like 1-2 weeks but if Brady and Peel have been responsible for adding to that, I think it is a bit ordinary to be honest.

There certainly is not a lot of love for Peel/Freo in the WAFL and reckon we saw that in some of the disgraceful umpiring decisions on the weekend. Sheldrick was basically pulling and scragging Erasmus at every clearance. Cooper got his head ripped off and saddled like a horse into the ground. No free kick.

I went to one of these tribunal hearings when a youngster. It is pretty old school and very reliant on players description.

Just had a listen for the first time. Yes Harding goes a bit too hard with his rant but he was right with a lot of what he said. I didn’t think there was that much in it and Brady definitely added some mayo to get the free kick. Was it worth a suspension - yes but not 4 weeks. Despite what Harding said Clark did collect Brady and he got sucked in. More like 1-2 weeks but if Brady and Peel have been responsible for adding to that, I think it is a bit ordinary to be honest.

There certainly is not a lot of love for Peel/Freo in the WAFL and reckon we saw that in some of the disgraceful umpiring decisions on the weekend. Sheldrick was basically pulling and scragging Erasmus at every clearance. Cooper got his head ripped off and saddled like a horse into the ground. No free kick.

I went to one of these tribunal hearings when a youngster. It is pretty old school and very reliant on players description.

There was 2 in the 3rd quarter. Firstly Stanley caught someone and swung him around in a circle and more (i.e >360 degrees) and the umps let it go with the commentators calling that the Claremont player didn't look like he gave off a handball, and then a few minutes later Voss in a contest got hold of the ball, used his strength through the tackle to shrug off his opponent and handballed to a Peel player and the umps called him for holding the ball too long.

Anyone that's rucking at Fremantle needs to be able to play forward when they rotate with Jackson. That was part of the issue with Darcy this year where his fitness/injuries must have been significant enough that he hardly ever went forward.

Reidy seems to get himself out of position when competing in marking contests or is easily bodied out and doesn't seem to have strong marking hands at this stage. He doesn't seem uncoordinated, whereas with Knobel you think his body will get stronger and he's got a leap.
Reidy droped three pack marks he cleary got first hands too, apart from that his contest at the ruck work was good and i would say he broke even with Eastland
If he is going to make AFL level he needs to improve his marking around the ground (end of the day is he is no Meek) and i strongly agree with the other posters Knobel looks more the more natural footballer and has heaps of improvement in him, needs to play as Peel`s first ruckman next year

There was no free, it was off the ball.

Was that the one where Luke Ryan won the Simpson medal and Sean Darcy had 73 hitouts?

Was that the one where Luke Ryan won the Simpson medal and Sean Darcy had 73 hitouts?

No. The one I'm thinking of was 2016. Subi were reigning premiers and finished 1st again. They used to dominate from the money they made with AFL still being played at Subi.

Peel sneaked into the finals, but then stacked their side with AFL players. First flag for Peel.

Blakely had 38 and won the Simpson. Mzungu had 31. DeBoer 30. Langdon 39. Clarke and Griffin in ruck. 90 hitouts. Tucker. Clancee. Amazing WAFL midfield.

Yarran kicked 5 for Peel after kicking 5 for Subi in the GF the year before.

No. The one I'm thinking of was 2016. Subi were reigning premiers and finished 1st again. They used to dominate from the money they made with AFL still being played at Subi.

Peel sneaked into the finals, but then stacked their side with AFL players. First flag for Peel.

Blakely had 38 and won the Simpson. Mzungu had 31. DeBoer 30. Langdon 39. Clarke and Griffin in ruck. 90 hitouts. Tucker. Clancee. Amazing WAFL midfield.

Yarran kicked 5 for Peel after kicking 5 for Subi in the GF the year before.
Balic had at least 20 touches playing on ball as well as I recall without checking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard one WAFL pundit suggest this afternoon that the last 4 weeks Schloithe tailed off the year with an injury.

Ras only has 6 games left because one is the concussion game.
Schloithe does trail off, don't think he is the big competition, think its someone else but Schloithe will poll in the last round

Schloithe does trail off, don't think he is the big competition, think its someone else but Schloithe will poll in the last round

Don't think Ras will get votes in the EP game in Rd 21 in the wet, and the other loss he played in was in Rd 13, a 6pt loss vs Subiaco.

Brodie is going to pick up heaps of votes in the 2nd half.

Sandi being inducted to HOF right now

Then they screw up the night by inducting Nesbitt fresh after finally giving him the aaarghs from WC.

Readings: "a man I have a lot of respect for"

F- awful speech too. Everyone else was humble, Nesbitt still speaking like he's El Presidente of WA Football.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back