2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people also forget how elite Blakely looked around that 2016-2018 period, he was building to be THE midfield bull.
Yea he was looking alright there for a while but you can see the improvement in Ras all the time.
He’s much more talented than Connor ****ing Blakey

And again people continue to forget he was basically a 2022 draft age.
he’s still 20 ffs

He’s a slow burn but im positive he’ll get there

You not a fan of Connor?

Doesn’t matter what I think of Blakey as it’s totally irrelevant to the discussion on Erasmus

Your comment was sly backhander anyhow

But I’ll make the comparison for your amusement
Connors total opposite of Ras- he regressed as he got older, Ras is only improving

Glad to see Taberner and Hughes leave with a premiership.
And Nathan Wilson and Brady grey too. Both were on the dockers AFL list at one point.

Nathan Wilson gave 6 years of service to GWS and 6 years of service to the dockers AFL side.

I am glad he will get a WAFL premiership medal.

Doesn’t matter what I think of Blakey as it’s totally irrelevant to the discussion on Erasmus

Connors total opposite of Ras- he regressed as he got older, Ras is only improving
My comment was in reference to a former Peel/Freo Simpson medalist (AKA Connor Blakely)

Good win , nice work by most of the Freo guys

Thought the big ground helped us , looses a bit of colour playing WAFL at Optus though

Ras and Nod huge , could’ve cut the medal in half

Although I’m Bullies through and through the alignment is great to watch all the Freo guys trying to make it

Surely we turn all these positives into progress in the AFL next year

Surely

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

we weren't parking the bus, we were just muffing kicks i50

We were trying to take time off the clock every single kick, which allowed East Perth to make the next contest a 50/50 one every time.

It’s exactly what Freo did late in games to lose them all season.

We won a few stoppages late which was lucky - Can’t go slow after taking a mark of you don’t mark in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This imo is the central point. Raz is yet to turn 21 and is the best player in the WAFL (would've won the Sandover if he played as much as Brodie + won the Simpson to cap off a great finals campaign). There's potential there, if it wasn't already obvious before.

Blakely also had potential. I think many Freo fans (myself included) overrated the potential when Neale left especially, but he's more talented than many who've done more. He should've made it to 100 games minimum. If you asked him honestly if he got the best out of himself for his career, he'd surely say "Not even close".

I agree with you that Raz has more potential than Blakely, but both had enough to make it. But from what I've seen, Raz has the work ethic to match the talent. Blakely didn't.

Yea he was looking alright there for a while but you can see the improvement in Ras all the time.
He’s much more talented than Connor ****ing Blakey

And again people continue to forget he was basically a 2022 draft age.
he’s still 20 ffs

He’s a slow burn but im positive he’ll get there

Yeah was gonna say not yet 21. The chatter late in this year was bloody stupid knowing how young he is. Never going anywhere.

So what was good about Ras and Nod's game today from those who watched?
Consistently won Peel first use from stoppage. NOD was prolific with the ball. Ran hard and tackled well. Raz was a weapon forward of centre. Kicked two goals and was involved in countless others. He was the dominant player on the ground for all 4 quarters IMO.

Raz either set up goals or kicked them. Was also strong in the contest and tackled well. Nod ran very hard and was very dynamic around the ground and stoppage. Chased hard to put on good pressure.

O'Driscoll ran all day, linked up a lot and won some good one on ones, and kicked a great goal from the boundary to probably seal it. Also tackled with ferocity (6 tackles). Won 29 possessions. On the flip side I thought he bombed it quite a lot instead of lowering his eyes.

Erasmus stood up in tackles and laid a massive 11 of his own. His kicking was pretty much flawless as well as being incredibly attacking with 2 goals and multiple goal assists; his kicking on the run was probably the best I have seen it and he ran hard when on the offensive as well as in defence. He was far and away the best player on the ground; it was like the best of Serong and Fyfe combined. Only fault I could raise was some of his handballs weren't that clean.

Raz at AFL level to-date, just doesn’t think quickly enough. Understandable for a young kid but the difference in time available to midfielders between the two levels is stark.

The first step is to completely dominate in the midfield at state league level, and look like he’s got heaps of time on the ball and in total control at this lower level.

Hopefully then next year he will be trained to think quicker and more instinctively with the ball in his hands at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back