Perceived spuds at your club who get a game

Remove this Banner Ad

From an outsider perspective I would agree with that- I think he could be very damaging forward of centre with his kicking skills. We used Mark Nicoski to good effect in that role in 2011- big left foot kick but suspect defensively, he ended up with 40+ goals that year.

I would trial that if he stays at the hawks, and play Duryea in his defensive role, I don't think you would lose much from an attacking sense, but he is much better defensively.

He's actually done that a fair bit over his time at the Hawks, it's just for some reason Clarko puts him into the defensive rotation at times and he's exposed with his body on body work. Setting up across half forward, or running onto the ball off a wing, he can be lethal. He's just a terrible man on man defender which thankfully he hasn't played for a while.

Vince, Viney, Jones, Brayshaw and Hogan are not spuds.

The rest are all somewhere on the potato spectrum.
Add Harmes and I'm in. Salem probably And big Maxi gets a year more while I make up my mind about the intangibles he brings to the table.

Then I'm in.

Add Harmes and I'm in. Salem probably And big Maxi gets a year more while I make up my mind about the intangibles he brings to the table.

Then I'm in.
Was just about to edit my post and add Salem & Gawn in as "probably not spuds".

Harmes I want to see more of, Petracca I'm keeping my fingers crossed :D

David Mackay - soft, slow, lacking footy smarts, can't find the ball. Recently signed a new 4-year deal :drunk:

Nathan van Berlo - former skipper who puts his body on the line but is clearly cooked. Diabolical decision-making and disposal.

Matthew Wright - the half-forward who never kicked goals. Hardly any impact in the several games he played, but luckily he seems to have fallen out of favour and may be delisted shortly.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dead set people what's the point in bashing people over the head with a thread like this

Anyone who makes it to AFL CAN play the game, let's be rally clear in that

WE Have Also seen me at health become a big issues for players in recent years and threads like this don't, I suspect players and families read the Internet also

Consider how many years of hard work and sacrifice it takes to get an afl game ...the years of running and hard slog ...missing rep teams then getting rookie drafted and finally getting a chance also

How would you like if someone walked into your office and said hey stop talking by the water cooler and get me that report pronto ......by the way you're a spud and you've only got a job because we can't get anyone else.

Here is alternative way of thinking maybe the so called spud should be applauded for making it with limited talent

Just think let's be more aware of bashing people over the head for no reason

Dead set people what's the point in bashing people over the head with a thread like this

WE Have Also seen me at health become a big issues for players in recent years and threads like this don't, I suspect players and families read the Internet also

Consider how many years of hard work and sacrifice it takes to get an afl game ...the years of running and hard slog ...missing rep teams then getting rookie drafted and finally getting a chance also

How would you like if someone walked into your office and said hey stop talking by the water cooler and get me that report pronto ......by the way you're a spud and you've only got a job because we can't get anyone else.

Here is alternative way of thinking maybe the so called spud should be applauded for making it with limited talent

hahaha that is the funniest thing ive read in a while, explains a lot of your posts on other threads

haha we'll put a little disclaimer in that the start of the thread for the easily offended:
spud is term used to describe players who's skillset and productive output fall to lower than acceptable levels of what would be considered by the general public to be adequate for consistent selection to an AFL starting 22. this however should not be seen as a reflection on the individual who in the context of the overall population possess far higher than average athletic prowess.

shaun hampson is a spud of the highest order. do you think when that guy wakes in the morning and sees megan gale next him that he really gives the first **** about what people on bigfooty say?

Was just about to edit my post and add Salem & Gawn in as "probably not spuds".

Harmes I want to see more of, Petracca I'm keeping my fingers crossed :D

Then I'm in.

McDonald?

Remove this Banner Ad

Perceived spuds at your club who get a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back